The Painter's Choice

Okay, where and how do all of you get your paint from? I've heard all of this preaching about how racking paint is the way to go, but no matter where I go I am starting to see it locked up or additional cameras in the paint aisles. It's impossible to rack it anymore, not to mention I've had some calls that were too close for comfort before.

I keep hearing all of this bullshit that unless you rack your paint you're not a good graff writer...I think that's a load of bullshit, because with all of the additional efforts to stop theft, AND graffitit from happening...it's becoming an arrest trap to try to rack it.

Where do you all buy your paint from? Do you go for the name brands or the cheap brands like the Wal - Mart cans?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
first and.....its possible, youre just not being smart bout it. osh has some good cheap black

Definie being smart about it. I'm more or less trying to get a feel for how some of the more experienced rackers do it...help me out here.

I don't want to resort to buying my paint...I'll be broke all of the time.

cameras don't mean shit if they don't know who you are

This is true. Isn't it true that half of the cameras in stores like Wal - Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. aren't manned cameras? Meaning that there is nobody watching them 24 / 7...they just record for identification if anything is stolen? Right?

I've never gotten busted before, especially not when a camera saw me...I was long gone after it saw me.

the fact that there are probably a hundred throughout the stores makes it seem unrealistic to me

Cameras are cheap ($20 for bullshit, $200-300 for hi-res) compared to shrinkage, but they really don't matter unless you get caught.

There's some pretty good hustles to get paint for free without racking it, you just have to be creative. One good hustle is gift cards...they're small and as good as cash, trade them for other gift cards to places that sell paint.

Cameras are cheap ($20 for bullshit, $200-300 for hi-res) compared to shrinkage, but they really don't matter unless you get caught.

There's some pretty good hustles to get paint for free without racking it, you just have to be creative. One good hustle is gift cards...they're small and as good as cash, trade them for other gift cards to places that sell paint.

What do you mean trade gift cards for other gift cards? I'm confused.

listen just hit the main three for starters. Home depot, lowes, and walmart. loosen up your belt and stuff the paint in your pants. start with two and when you get more confident move to four. don't get greedy when you don't know what your doing. walk around casually till you find the paint and dont look up EVER. just be cool and walk out. paint doesn't set off detecters. if you hit three stores for 2 cans each thats three fills and your set for the night.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a tip from my expiriences (bad ones i might add).... I've been in the cam room at home depot and those cameras are real, but the dude who works in there is lazy and is most likely not watching them...

some are fake just to make it look like theres one at every aisle... and it is against home depots policy for workers to apprehend or stop you, they are supposed to let shoplifters go because you dont know if the shoplifter is a "dangerous" person and the life of a human is more important than merchandise. The only person there that is allowed to apprehend is the security guy, who is most likely chillin in the camera room, but dont do suspicious thing s infront of non-workers, the security person wears normal clothes and has nothing related to home depot on them, they look like normal people.

I am going to be nice and explain something on here. Though I know for a fact I probably shouldn't explain this and putting the info out there might not be the best thing.

Home Depot has a no chase/no confront policy among other policies they have. You can steal up to $50 worth of merchandise from home depot and if they do catch you, the corporate policy is not to prosecute you.

The way the no confront policy works, is that if a employee sees you stealing they have to go inform their manager that you are stealing something. The manager then has to get loss prevention, call the police, or decide if it is worth it to confront you themselves. If you are confronted by a home depot employee about shoplifting you can run out of the store. They will not chase you in most instances unless they are loss prevention. If they are loss prevention they can chase you and expect that they will tackle you if they can. If its not loss prevention you are probably going to get away.

As far as the security guards at the front of the store they are not loss prevention and are not supposed to chase suspected shoplifters just like normal employees.

But as far as home depot goes, due to the policies they have in place it is almost impossible to get caught racking paint. I don't know about you but if I am going in to rack paint I am not hanging out in the store long enough for someone to get their manager so they can get loss prevention. I get my paint and walk the fuck out.

I am going to state that this is a fairly accurate synopsis of their policies on shoplifting. They might have changed policies recently that render everything I have said obsolete.

Also mods sorry if I posted to much information or anything like that on this post. If so just delete it and add a great image of tits or something.

• 3 months later...