Picking Spots

Colt .45

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for quiet, out of the way places, as I'm still a toy and I know it. I'm getting better again, as I stopped for about two years and believe it or not...you can lost your skill and your style.

But, when I'm having good days (and when I used to be good before I quit) I used to look for trains, open walls, signs, etc. Right now I look for chill spots or spots that are heavily painted. I love trains though...best part.

Off limits is houses, churches, police stations, anything related to the holy or the deceased (aka graveyards), etc.

don't tag churches, cars(unless u find an abandoned police car, in which case fuck the car up) schools, ur neighberhood, houses. i'd tag police stations.

Yeah, that's just a braindead idea. First of all, you don't fuck with sacred places. Second of all, you don't fuck with cars. That is a MAJOR...MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR destruction of property, not to mention an easy way to get spotted, and houses are a bad idea as well. Tagging in your neighborhood (at least in anyplace other than a chill spot) is a bad idea, as tagging in your school. There are so many ways to get busted by tagging in your school, especially if your dumb and tag the outside of your blackbook with the name that you're writing all over the school...it's common sense.

streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets. Chill spots for pieces untill I can do a straight letter that doesn't suck total balls.

I haven't tried rooftops yet, but that's something I've been wanting to do. Mostly fucked up abandonned shit, or scrubby areas. Loads of old ugly concrete.

i started with bathrooms, got drunk and jumped the gun by doing mega public places one night (but learned a valuable lesson-most people seriously truly honestly do NOT give a fuck about graff) after a while doin marker shit to learn my stealth shit i started painting, which is about where i am now. pick the end of an alley, so that you can see one way down the street while your painting and have somebody else look the other way. also, depending on where you live, garages can be acceptable.

I think this thread is a dece idea, if people would only post shit worth saying.

I live in a mid sized down, with crazy popo. So I don't really get to just walk around writing on shit. Cops will be all over that shit, hell, I've been stopped and asked what I was doing multiple times when I didn't even have shit on me. So really I just choose high-profile spots that will get the most views. Like the top of this abandoned building you see as you come up over a bridge. I've only really even seen like 5-6 other people who are up here.

But yeah, IMO, green boxes, silver boxes, and dumpsters if theyre visible are the best. Those things are just like calling my name every time I see a big ass box with nothing on it lol.

I love billboards, fronts, backs its all the same with them, I love any spot that is highly visable that I think will last, and if its right on the highway thats an extra, rooftops on main roads, throwin up crazy characters on roofs in alleys, pretty much anything that will be seen easily is the type of spot I like, but the higher up I can get the better. As for what I dont hit, churches and personal property like cars and houses(unless any of these are abandoned then thats free game even if its a church). I really want to hit cop cars and police stations but there are not a whole lot of people painting in the city here so If I started doing that the scene would get really hot real quick and I figure I should wait a year or 2 befor I start a war.

i thank you all for your witty comments.

i guess i should answer my own questions:

i think anything that already has graffiti on it, or is hit on a regular basis, is game. the more people who would see it the better. if it looks like someone really cares about the property, i wouldn't hit it.

churches, schools, cars, private homes are off limits for me. i also dont scribe or etch storefront windows, cause i know how much that shit costs to replace. you can get up alot but not be a dick about it. i think my graffiti career proves that.

i thank you all for your witty comments.

i guess i should answer my own questions:

i think anything that already has graffiti on it, or is hit on a regular basis, is game. the more people who would see it the better. if it looks like someone really cares about the property, i wouldn't hit it.

churches, schools, cars, private homes are off limits for me. i also dont scribe or etch storefront windows, cause i know how much that shit costs to replace. you can get up alot but not be a dick about it. i think my graffiti career proves that.

His favorite spots are over Boner HSB