Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lord_casek

Obama: The New George Bush

nope i mean in his term ... all the lefty's i know think all the petitions around phoenix is gonna change his mind ..its a states right issue ..but cause of Article IV of the constitution ..its never gonna happen ..except in cali ...i think if there was a way to tax it the government would be all over it but there are just too many seeds out there ...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I was being sarcastic but...I'm sure we've all seen the episode of "Cops" where the crackhead goes up to the jakes on the corner and rats someone out because they gave them money to go buy rock and they got burned. Sounds ridiculous until you've seen it...I've seen crackheads snitch like a motherfucker, usually when they're so smoked out that they think the cops will actually pay them for information.

My bad. ^__^

all the lefty's i know think all the petitions around phoenix is gonna change his mind

Oh, I see, because all the lefty's you know think their petitions will change his mind, Obama somehow retroactively fooled people "bad". Of course we all know that people, stoners particularly, are incapable of fooling themselves... but, still... I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there Lou...

3103926670_ee6914253c_o.jpg

"Organized crime typically deals in the black market, which is in response to the restrictions government has placed on trade. For example, marijuana, or Prohibition, gambling, prostitution, etc. "

exactly.

organized crime has no court system to settle disputes for instance. if you dont get paid for the sale of X (drugs or whatever) yet the stuff you sold is illegal, you cant go to court to settle the dispute.

it is the prohibition that causes all these problems. look at alcohol prohibition.... you had the same situation with drug pushers now. shootings, etc etc. when alcohol was legalized you didnt see beer truck drivers shooting each other did you?

Elaborate on how this argument supports your position. You're saying that when alcohol was legalized and brought back into the fold of a government regulated market, the situation improved. I thought you were advocating a completely unregulated market.

Anyway the point was to provide a potent example of 'greed' as a driving force in an unchecked market. The murder and drugs and robbery just provide an especially juicy picture of that. What I meant to draw attention to was the way in which unregulated business can devolve into cronyism, monopoly, and all-around bullying. That is, it is influenced by a force known as 'greed.' This is beyond simple self-interest.

You continue to deny the existence of 'greed' yet you still haven't provided an argument to justify this and you haven't responded to my points.

no. diamond value isnt determined by manufacturers, its determined by consumers and the market. you even said in the value of diamonds is determined by humans value we place in it. this is the market. if a manufacturer asks 5K for a diamond and no buyer will pay 5K, it is not worth 5K. this is how it works and how it should work with all things, including money. its pretty common knowledge the market places high value on diamonds and there is no government edicts determining their value. the market determines it. diamonds never made good currency due to how they are cut, etc. they are not easily divisible the way gold is. the market has chosen gold for centuries as the most valuable commodity and it took the strong arm of the government to make it illegal to use as currency. but look at it being traded in the commodity markets... whenever the dollar tanks gold soars.

I was under the impression that the value of diamonds is artificially inflated by manufacturers. People do place a high value on diamonds, but in terms of the costs of extraction and the processing of raw diamonds the price we get as consumers is very very high. Since diamond mining isn't exactly the domain of small start-up businesses, the big boys, of which there are few, can keep putting out clever ad campaigns to keep us thinking diamonds are special (not that we need much convincing, they're so shiny) while they keep the prices super high. Since there are so few players they can set these high prices without competition. That's just my understanding of the situation.

Has anyone seen Fall of the Republic the new documentary by Alex Jones? I watched it last night and on part 9 he said it was treason for Obama to head the UN under Article I section 9. But I started looking into and found out that it's not treason and the Constitution does not say anything about the UN (obviously it wasnt around) so is it illegal for Obama to head the UN?

Under the UN Charter, the functions and powers of the Security Council are:

* to maintain international peace and security in accordance with the principles and purposes of the United Nations;

* to investigate any dispute or situation which might lead to international friction;

* to recommend methods of adjusting such disputes or the terms of settlement;

* to formulate plans for the establishment of a system to regulate armaments;

* to determine the existence of a threat to the peace or act of aggression and to recommend what action should be taken;

* to call on Members to apply economic sanctions and other measures not involving the use of force to prevent or stop aggression;

* to take military action against an aggressor;

* to recommend the admission of new Members;

* to exercise the trusteeship functions of the United Nations in “strategic areas”;

* to recommend to the General Assembly the appointment of the Secretary-General and, together with the Assembly, to elect the Judges of the International Court of Justice.

Section 9 of the Constitution says:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Thanks Casek, I was arguing about this with someone and they slipped by just because of the language of the Constitution.

No problem. It can be confusing sometimes.

Why dont you get obamas dick out yer mouth...your a clown...nothing in those posters are racist...and remember now decyfy your the ELITIST that was advocating ABORTION in minority neighborhoods because those low class citizens of ethnicity were a drag on society. But you clearly don't understand the definition of the word when you think calling someone a bitch is a racist statement...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

even in your own words there you didn't understand what we were previously talking about, I never said calling someone a bitch was racist you dipshit.

and for the record I advocate abortion in whatever neighbourhood but again you wouldn't understand that as it appears you had the logic part of your brain removed during some kind of procedure

oh and thanks for the positive props you idiot, you're supposed to hit the disapprove button

Why dont you get obamas dick out yer mouth...your a clown...nothing in those posters are racist...and remember now decyfy your the ELITIST that was advocating ABORTION in minority neighborhoods because those low class citizens of ethnicity were a drag on society. But you clearly don't understand the definition of the word when you think calling someone a bitch is a racist statement...

I have to agree with you. There doesn't seem to be anything racist in those posters.

But you still don't get Decyferon. Dude isn't a bad guy, just raised in the UK. His ideas

are different about politics than ours.

Besides, dude has a kid he obviously loves very much. I don't think he's big into pushing

abortions.

Settle down a little, Soaker. It's good that you have spirit about what you believe it, but it's

not cool to insult people for differing views. In my eyes, you makes us (conservatives) look

really shitty when you do that.

Back on topic:

Another Government “Emergency”

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/040810.html

liberals throw the race card at any time ...its like were losing so your racist ...fuck obama / fuck liberals .. fuck democrats .. bunch of surrender monkeys .... liars and decievers

I wasn't calling him racist because of those posters, I know those aren't I was calling him a racist above a previous discussion we had.

Well I'm not a conservative not a republican or liberal or what the fuck ever you want to group people into. Fuck Obama or George bush neither have my interests. Decyfron is an elitist and doesn't understand shit about America.

I got ya, Decy. I kinda ignored that conversation. Gets too deep in the arguing and name calling.

x5: some are dipshits like that, but you gotta remember that neocons do the same amount of whining. It's just a role reversal that happens every 4 or so years.

Well I'm not a conservative not a republican or liberal or what the fuck ever you want to group people into. Fuck Obama or George bush neither have my interests. Decyfron is an elitist and doesn't understand shit about America.

I didn't like either Bush and I definitely don't like Obama.

As I said, Decyferon is English. His ideas on politics are

completely different b/c of the country he was raised in.

It's not a good or bad thing. It just is.

Dude isn't an elitist. He's just a guy, like us. You gotta remember

that we all have common ground. Debates and arguing aside,

we are growing up at the same time on the same planet.