Obama: The New George Bush

lord_casek

A wise woman once told me, "A form of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting a different result"

The economy is faltering, war debts are astronomical, and it looks like our prior gov't officials lied to us on an array of issues. So as a commoner not apart of the power matrix I am mad as hell and willing to believe in any antithesis platform campaigning. So, a new candidate starts to campaign, says he has a plan to help the common man, a plan to stop the wrong doings of the previous leaders. With my morale at an all time low, my wallet sapped I become a gungho supporter of this candidate. I do not think rationally because hell anything in contrast to the prior system looks great to me. This leader attains major popularity as a change-agent, winning by a landslide. However, this leader after a couple months in office just can't seem to provide what he promised,It seems he is fallen into the mold, and like always my wallet remains empty, the national debt remains, I can't believe anything the media en masse tells me, "but hey we got a new face".

Hmm...Where in history has this happened before? When a leader rose to power in a time of national desperation. And his whole platform is fueled by being the opposite?

Btw I am not a supporter of the left or right, I am just saying history unhealthily repeats itself. It's like our national fuckin addiction.

Can you say on point?

The quote IS from Einstein.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about this guys approval rating dropping down to 53 percent?

does that say anything to you guys??

its been 5 months. hes got 3.5 years to go, at this rapid decline he'll beat bush's 8 year record low of a mere 22...

by the end of the year!!!!!!

EASY.

• Like 1

Come to the rust belt and you will realize that this is a great idea. In Detroit there's more empty space than occupied space. The headline sounds bad, but basically the idea is to make cities' space smaller to reflect the new smaller population. The leftovers will return to nature.

I love the logical progression in this article, observe:

"The latest manifestation of this continuity came last week when Dennis C. Blair, Director of National Intelligence, announced plans to transform the Pat Roberts Intelligence Scholars Program (PRISP) from a pilot project into a permanent budget item. Blair also announced plans to establish a “Reserve Officers' Training Corps” to train unidentified future intelligence officers in US college classrooms. Like students receiving PRISP funds, the identities of students participating in these programs would not be known to professors, university administrators or fellow students—in effect, these future intelligence analysts and agents would conduct their first covert missions in our university classrooms."

No where does it say the students are going to spy on the other students or professors. Guilty by implication!

I'm not saying it doesn't make me feel uneasy, it does, but the fact is that future CIA and NSA agents go to college and will observe what they see no matter if they are funded by the agencies or not. What are we going to do, exact a pledge from college students that they won't use their experience in the future?

Behind the Scenes, Fed Chief Advocates Bigger Role

WASHINGTON — During the debate over financial regulation, the Federal Reserve chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, has been surprisingly quiet.

But behind the scenes, he has been a forceful proponent of giving the Fed more power, both defending his management of the economic crisis and arguing that more authority would help the agency act more decisively to reduce the chances of a recurrence, according to interviews with lawmakers and officials from the Fed, the Treasury and the White House.

Despite criticism by some lawmakers that the Fed failed to anticipate the problems that led to the crisis, Mr. Bernanke has told associates that such critics fail to recognize the extraordinary actions taken by the central bank over the last year.

Mr. Bernanke believes the Fed’s actions have played a major role in averting a possible second Great Depression, according to government officials who know his thinking. Those steps, the Fed chairman has told these people, demonstrate that the agency is up to the larger task assigned to it by the Obama administration.

Mr. Bernanke has one important champion — President Obama. On Tuesday, the president reinforced his preference for an enlarged role for the Fed in a news conference at the White House.

The administration’s proposals for a regulatory overhaul are built around the idea “that there’s got to be somebody who is responsible not just for monitoring the health of individual institutions, but somebody who’s monitoring the systemic risks of the system as a whole,” Mr. Obama said. “And we believe that the Fed has the most technical expertise and the best track record in terms of doing that.”

He said that while the Fed was not blameless, it was not fair to single it out for failing to avert the crisis.

“I think that the Fed probably performed better than most other regulators prior to the crisis taking place, but I think they’d be the first to acknowledge that in dealing with systemic risk and anticipating systemic risk, they didn’t do everything that needed to be done,” Mr. Obama said.

The president and Mr. Bernanke do not, however, see eye-to-eye over whether to create a Consumer Financial Protection Agency, part of which would be carved out of the Fed’s existing jurisdiction over mortgages and credit cards.

Breaking ranks with the administration, Mr. Bernanke is expected to tell Congress that the Fed would prefer to keep the responsibility for consumer lending. He is also expected to promise a stronger emphasis on consumer debt issues in the future.

Mr. Bernanke’s surrogate in the debate has been the Treasury secretary, Timothy F. Geithner, who in Congressional testimony, speeches and interviews has praised the Federal Reserve’s performance.

(Mr. Geithner’s views may also have reflected his pedigree. He joined the administration after serving five years as president of the New York Federal Reserve, where he worked closely with Mr. Bernanke.)

Mr. Bernanke has been reluctant to get involved in the political debate, but has argued to associates and lawmakers that the often-mentioned alternative of a council supervising the largest firms would not be nimble or accountable enough.

He also has said that the plan is not a radical departure from the Fed’s current role. The Fed is already the umbrella supervisor of virtually all of Wall Street’s largest institutions, and the Obama plan would add only a handful of new companies to the Fed’s oversight list. The Fed so far has not specified which companies it would add to its purview, but once it decides, it is expected to make the list public.

The biggest impact, government officials said, is not in the number of institutions the Fed regulates, but in how it regulates them. It will have to go beyond measuring the financial safety of institutions to examining their connections to other firms and markets, and the dangers those connections could pose.

more

I love the logical progression in this article, observe:

"The latest manifestation of this continuity came last week when Dennis C. Blair, Director of National Intelligence, announced plans to transform the Pat Roberts Intelligence Scholars Program (PRISP) from a pilot project into a permanent budget item. Blair also announced plans to establish a “Reserve Officers' Training Corps” to train unidentified future intelligence officers in US college classrooms. Like students receiving PRISP funds, the identities of students participating in these programs would not be known to professors, university administrators or fellow students—in effect, these future intelligence analysts and agents would conduct their first covert missions in our university classrooms."

No where does it say the students are going to spy on the other students or professors. Guilty by implication!

I'm not saying it doesn't make me feel uneasy, it does, but the fact is that future CIA and NSA agents go to college and will observe what they see no matter if they are funded by the agencies or not. What are we going to do, exact a pledge from college students that they won't use their experience in the future?

Honestly it seems pretty logical to me. Do you think it will really stop at them just preparing for their respective careers in the NSA or CIA? Or wherever else they happen to land.

There is a clear difference to me between someone attributing what they learned and experienced in college to their respective field upon graduation and sending students to school deliberately to monitor and report what they experience, what is said or any other form of activity inside of the classroom. Which could be used for several different reasons.

No pledge needed. Just wait till dudes graduate. Or employ some sort of school where said recruits could conduct the same exact exercises in a controlled environment, while also receiving the necessary training for their future careers.

Honestly it seems pretty logical to me. Do you think it will really stop at them just preparing for their respective careers in the NSA or CIA? Or wherever else they happen to land.

There is a clear difference to me between someone attributing what they learned and experienced in college to their respective field upon graduation and sending students to school deliberately to monitor and report what they experience, what is said or any other form of activity inside of the classroom. Which could be used for several different reasons.

No pledge needed. Just wait till dudes graduate. Or employ some sort of school where said recruits could conduct the same exact exercises in a controlled environment, while also receiving the necessary training for their future careers.

Does it say in the article that they are to monitor and report what they see? I may have missed it.

Does it say in the article that they are to monitor and report what they see? I may have missed it.

If that wasn't happening what is the deal with the Professors and other students being unaware of what is going on around them?

What's with all the secrecy?

I'm also looking three or four steps ahead of now. Perhaps even now that isn't the goal, however things evolve, and expand. Something that may seem innocent in nature could easily turn into something wicked.

I just don't like the measures that are being taken. You are being monitored everywhere. From government officals, to police and now your neighbors and peers. The street, the library, you're own PC. Now you've just been notified it is going to take place in what could be your next class room. Everyone for some reason is okay with this.

I feel so safe. :rolleyes:

I guess this is also the way David Price is looking at the issue. I wouldn't know though, don't know him just speculating.

you need to see that nothing just comes out in one form, first ittl be this, then in a couple years from now ittl grow into something bigger, and from there you get the actual objective of the first thing

like a domino effect the will result in the destruction of america

If that wasn't happening what is the deal with the Professors and other students being unaware of what is going on around them?

The other students are not allowed to know because of FERPA laws. Professors can be made aware of private student information on a need to know basis according to FERPA. In other words, if a student plagiarizes a paper in my class, I can access his records to see if has done the same thing before. Otherwise, I have no right to know that information.

I didn't see anywhere in the article that the funded students were being required or encouraged to report on what they see to the funding organization. Like I said, maybe I missed it.

The other students are not allowed to know because of FERPA laws. Professors can be made aware of private student information on a need to know basis according to FERPA. In other words, if a student plagiarizes a paper in my class, I can access his records to see if has done the same thing before. Otherwise, I have no right to know that information.

I didn't see anywhere in the article that the funded students were being required or encouraged to report on what they see to the funding organization. Like I said, maybe I missed it.

I'm sorry my mistake. If they aren't going to use this for anything, why do it in the first place then?

I think you're missing what my point is. Not necessarily anything in said article.

But just to admit to it, so you don't keep typing it out at the end of each response. NO, it doesn't state anywhere in that article that, recording and reporting information is going to be conducted.

However I already said what my response to that was in my previous posts.

I think I understand the point perfectly, I just don't agree. Many different kinds of businesses and organizations fund these types of programs. They are all sketchy in a way, because they can interfere with academic freedom in certain instances, but the program mentioned in the article is no more or less problematic than one funded by DuPont.

• Like 1

definitely headed in this direction...............

worst_president_ever_sm.jpg

Did you sleep through the last 8 years?

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

I read that the Obama administration is planning on implementing presidential powers of imprisoning suspected terrorists indefinitely without due process, also that this power will be gained through an executive order as opposed to a congressional vote. Now that is a worry.

Im not sure whether or how this differs from the previous administrations policy.

link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090627/pl_politico/24278_2

• 3 weeks later...