Bank mistakenly puts 8 million in your account... What do you do?

geezpot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured as soon as they found the 8 mil they got smart and paid fees to open some sort of offshore bank acct

There aren't withdrawl limits except from ATMs, you can always clean your acct out, but surely the bank would take a long time to collect the 8 mil withdrawl and noticed the error.

On the other hand a transfer of funds would only take under an hour, so really the best way is to move it to a 3rd party bank. From that point on they have more controll and time, so they would work from there

You guys need to read up on embezlement techniques

I'm tired of racking Johnson and murphy suedes, I'm trying to make that step up to white collar crimes

Yeah once the funds are outside of the origin banks country it becomes a way longer process of reclaiming the funds. What would have taken a few hours to clear up is now a trans-global burocratic mess

You only need to buy a day or 2 time to get 8 mil out - pretty much every capitalist countries banking laws dictate you have the right to cash out any bank acct in a day. The part they recovered was probably the mil or two they had to leave in the offshore acct to cover the fees through the remainder of the banking contract

depends on how much they were able to withdraw before splitting. If i could get

all 8 mil then yes. I would be in Rio. My money sitting in the Caymans. Anything

over 5 and i would be gone.

Bottom line. They had to leave behind a gas station. (not exactly worthless) a home (im assuming) family, friends, cars and assets. You have to be certain that there was a freeze

put on anything tangeble they own. A million dollars goes a long ways in some parts of the world but still. Life as a fugitive with the possibility of incarceration and losing it all. Always looking over your back. No matter how inpenetrable a bank claims to be a warrant can retreive account info. Its fucked up that the shit happened. I would probably duck out too. Its a fucking huge ammount of pressure to put on someone. From in front of my computer i can look at the situation with some objectivity but if it was me.... I be on that first thing smokin

IM SAYING THOUGH IF YOU GO TO A BANK AND SAY "I WANNA CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAW ALL MY FUNDS" ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, IF YOU GOT 6 G'S IN THERE...I KNOW FOR A FACT IF I WENT TO A BANK AND CASHED OUT 8MIL ID HAVE TO SIGN A BILLION PAPERS AND DO ALL KINDS OF WILD SHIT.

Yeah , I'm sure it took all day to get the 8 mil out of their account in the caymans, but that's not a problem because the money is already out of new Zealand jurisdiction

Account transfers go pretty quick, that's all it took to get it out of the country, and at that point it's pretty much "gone"

See, thing is, it's not like they embezzeled the money or took long planning action ... The bank fucked up royally and they took advantage of it

I bet if they do get caught they don't do that much time, but then again I don't know new Zealand law

Apparently the law states that you are committing theft if you spend (or elope with) money that has been put into your account and you know it isn't yours. And I really don't think these two can feign ignorance to that...

Swiss banks are secured by massive gold reserves and lax transfer law, but they are also not as anonymous as they once were

Cayman accts (and their govt) are far more anonymous, but they also tend to force complete burocratic process, meaning they will require warrants before even revealing an accounts existence

What you guys are missing is that transferring the funds offshore buys enough time to cash out the vast majority

After it's cashed out there is no more account paper trail to follow

You can take that cash anywhere, set up an acct in some small ass country under an assumed name, and the paper trail is gone

If you leave it in the offshore acct for more than a few days, of course new Zealand is going to do everything to put a freeze on the funds

Any number of Carribean banks are very secure. They want your money and they dont ask questions. gold would be a good option for these folks. Would probably set up a few bank accounts as well. Dont want to put all your eggs in 1 basket. I mean. These people have options but they have to think outside the box. Cant drop the cash in another NZ bank. Most governments have laws regulating the ammount of money you can withdraw and deposit at a time. Tax reasons. So do yourself a favor and do not start dropping 50 K per week in dope money in Comerica. Even if you dont get caught up with work they will drop rackateering charges on you and sit you down for 20 years just because you cant explain the source of your revenue

and money laundering is so easy that if you have more than ten grand in cash with no business license chances are you already committed it without knowing

What's the matter with you guys? I thought yall new about dealing large ammounts of cash with forigen nationals!

and money laundering is so easy that if you have more than ten grand in cash with no business license chances are you already committed it without knowing

What's the matter with you guys? I thought yall new about dealing large ammounts of cash with forigen nationals!

NAH MAN I BEEN OUTTA THE GAME FOR A WHILE, LAST TIME I HAD TO DO SOME SHIT LIKE THIS WAS WHEN ONE OF MY HOMIES FROM COLOMBIA NEEDED ME TO TRANSFER LIKE 30 MIL INTO SOME BITCHES ACCT IN ZURICH THEN WE HAD TO OPEN UP A BODEGA TO LAUNDER THE SHIT ALSO I HAD TO FLY A HELICOPTER FULL OF GUNS TO NEWARK AND HE PAID ME 10 MIL FOR THAT BUT LAUNDERING THAT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS B IT WAS TOO MUCH TO DO THROUGH THE BODEGA SO I HAD TO OPEN UP A WHITE CASTLE AND A CHUCK E CHEESE.

:huh:

nah man something like massive fraud you want the cash ASAP, spend too much time transferring and they catch up, bam you lost everything and are still on the run

You can always deposit the cash again, to multiple accounts, and retransfer after that... But pretty much the first thing you want to do is get the cash, it's nearly untraceable . That's really all money laundering is, converting digital money to analog and back again...