Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any one here collect art glass? or any art glass artists

if so please post / discuss here.

Tiffany_Vase.jpg

LC%20Tiffany%20-%20Peacock%20vase%20-%20c%201896-98_l.jpg

the work and skill to make this kind of vase let alone just make the colors with out braking the glass is unbelievable

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Comfort_Tiffany

eide_07b.jpg

this guy Louis Tiffany was the son of the famous Tiffany & co everyone knows today...he was suppose to take over his fathers bisness but being into his art he said no thanks went over seas and study art, came back home and use all his new knowledge, then opened tiffany studios. which sold decorating goods.

i dont know if anyone really cares, but this stuff pretty much blows my mind...

none of these vases are painted they are all colored glass which is pulled to create the feather effect or design, it sometimes would take 20 trys and 20 broken pieces, just to get the colors to stay with each other because of the chemicals...so sometimes you might see a simple piece of glass art, that may have some blue with white, and that right there is amazing cus to get the 2 to work with out cracking is amazing.

very nice. I almost had the chance to apprentice a glass blower. I was so stoked for so long cause I really wanted to learn the art. Also cause alot of the times glass art is instant money as long as its good. everyone paints panels but not everyone does glass art. Shit fell through and I was sad...oh wells. Saw a shit ton of chihuly when his works were last in my area.

Theres a studio at my school but I haven't had the schedule room to take the course yet. So looking forward to getting into it...... Hopefully it will survive through California's budget BS

bumping this

my mom has been trying to get me into glass for over a decade. she went to glass school in murano italy and definitely knows her shit... i finally gave in and gave it a shot these last couple weeks...and its fun as fuck. ill post some pics when i pull the next kiln load.

so, who else on here does glass? im learning fusing right now, and will eventually give torchwork a shot...

I missed out a while back. The owner of a small town coffee shop where I used to regular knew a dude that was looking for an apprentice. By the time I got threw the horrible dealings with communication the old hermit died...Ive always been fascinated. Hoping to have a nice kiln by summer for my ceramics...maybe Ill try and see if theres one that has a good middle ground for dual purpose. Although usually large front loaders are pricey.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now