Contact Lens Prescriptions

azert

I've been calling around eye care places and the lowest I've found is about $120. Walmart was even $134.

What the fuck?

I was halfway illegal in Japan, with absolutely no health insurance, went to a very nice place, and the test was less than $20.

What the fuck america?

Does anyone go somewhere cheap that might be in New England?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Site for Sore Eyes seems to only be in cali. 180?? That's crazy. All they do is make you look into that thing with the hot air balloon and it'll automatically adjust. And like every other trip you'll actually get your eyes checked out by a doctor. And it was still less than 20 when I saw him.

I'm about to become a terrorist because of this. Or move.

$100 Off ALL Eyeglasses and Prescription Sunglasses and other shit...

http://www.lenscrafters.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OffersView?langId=-1&storeId=11151&catalogId=10051&newNavCategory=Offers&sid=espot3op

OR

CONTACT LENSES--15% Off from VisionDirect

Just received following coupon code in snail mail, for 15% off any order plus free shipping:

Free shipping is for orders over $99 (seems to apply if order, pre-discount, is over $99):

www.visiondirect.com

expires 5/31/09

OR

Vision Direct Contact Lenses $15 off or 15% off + 20% cashback + 5% Drugstore Dollars + Free Shipping!!!

Use code VISA15 if your order is over $100 for a bigger discount and free shipping. But you will have to pay with a Visa card which most people have nowadays. However for some reason I'm getting a larger discount when I use this code.

Vision Direct Contact Lenses $15 off or 15% off + 20% cashback + 5% Drugstore Dollars + Free Shipping!!!

Use code VISA15 if your order is over $100 for a bigger discount and free shipping. But you will have to pay with a Visa card which most people have nowadays. However for some reason I'm getting a larger discount when I use this code.

Also I have successfully combined this with Live Search Cashback for drugstore.com for another 25% cashback. However the cashback is now down to 20%, still useful for some.

In order to get cashback:

1. Click this link to activate drugstore.com cashback:

2. Next, on the top menu tab, click the link for 'contact lenses' and follow the banner to the vision direct site. This should activate cashback for vision direct.

3. If the cashback link stops working, just goto www.live.com and search for "mach 3 turbo" and look for the 20% cashback link to drugstore.com

They are also having a promotion whereby if you order 4 boxes of Acuvue Oasys you get another $4 off.

My Total:

Subtotal: $ 103.96

Discounts: $ -22.82

New Subtotal: $ 81.14

The following specials have been applied to your order:

• Acuvue Oasys: $4 Volume Discount to be applied at checkout today. (details)

• Enjoy free standard shipping on today's order of $99 or more! (details)

• Save an additional $15 on your entire order. (details)

20% Live search cashback brings the total down to $65 for 4 boxes of Acuvue Oasys Shipped, and also leaves $4 in Drugstore dollars in your account for a future purchase

UPDATE: (If you order more than $100 worth than it may be better to get 15% off instead of $15 off)

For new customers, use code 15NEW to get 15% off your total order.

For everyone else, use code DAY15 for 15% off

Order 8 Boxes, get a $30 Rebate

* if it doesn't work, go here for more info: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1307293&page=3

• Like 1

My girl is studying in visual orthesis (translation from french might be wrong) and i spoke with her boss and dude, contact lenses are something you just cant be cheap on.

I had a ballin ass test when they measure up the time you eye take to produce a tear, they mesure the curve in your eye and all that crap, basically he told me that the lenses i was using were some old ass discounted crap my optometrist was selling me full price and was basically making my blood vessels in my eyes growing into my iris because they didnt breathe. I recommend you get a complete test with the curve, the ''wetness'' of your eyes and how do they breathe, i dont know the exact terms for this but i know its pretty damn important and a lot of optometrists around here are slacking on these things.

My whole point is if you are going to use contact lenses, dont be cheap on that because in the long run the wrong prescription can pretty much fuck your eyes up bad.

/im french my english grammar suck oner

*edit

After reading milk grenade's post i recommend you spend extra money on a complete eye exam like everything they can mesure/test you get it and you get the exact lenses you need on one of those websites if you trust em enough to put your eyes on the line of some website ordered stuff.

(not that i know anything about online contact lenses buying just that i am not comfortable doing it myself)

Milk Grenades- If I'm able to get my old prescription from Japan I will definitely get my contacts from the internet so thanks for all the discount links and info. I use the Oasys so I'll try to follow your instructions exactly.

ink face- The closest place is 112 miles away from my place so I don't think I'll be going, but I'll check out the online store since it seems pretty cheap.

none- my eyes are already shit: -5.50 and -5.75. I don't know what that means in contacts, but in glasses it means almost coke bottle bottom glasses. I also have slight double vision, not enough to mess me up. I never went cheap on the lenses themselves, but that's a huge increase in price for me.

Thanks for all the help! Now maybe I won't have to plant a bomb in every eye doctor's office.

Edit: I'm also 24'd.

Milk Grenades- If I'm able to get my old prescription from Japan I will definitely get my contacts from the internet so thanks for all the discount links and info. I use the Oasys so I'll try to follow your instructions exactly.

ink face- The closest place is 112 miles away from my place so I don't think I'll be going, but I'll check out the online store since it seems pretty cheap.

none- my eyes are already shit: -5.50 and -5.75. I don't know what that means in contacts, but in glasses it means almost coke bottle bottom glasses. I also have slight double vision, not enough to mess me up. I never went cheap on the lenses themselves, but that's a huge increase in price for me.

Thanks for all the help! Now maybe I won't have to plant a bomb in every eye doctor's office.

Edit: I'm also 24'd.

your eyes aren't THAT bad. my brother's rockin' -7.50. i found out about all this shit, cause i just ordered some for my brother. he has the oasys too.

they had another deal from 1800contacts that was a lot better, but i think it's expired.

if you can get your prescription, which i think would be fairly easy, if you just call up wherever it is that you had your exam, they will send it to you.

check slickdeals often, search for 1800contacts.com, or contacts or whatever, for the cheapest prices.

I know it sounds cheesy, but I think Costco does eye exams. I know I got a pair of lenses for some frames I had there for not too much money. It's worth looking into.

Yep, they do. Thats where i get my contacts. Its been a few years since i've had my eyes checked though, so i have no idea how much the test is.

• 2 years later...