Graf'n'Dance - Wildstylecity.com

Hey, I'm one of the developers of wildstylecity.com. Glad to see you guys in there using it. We are definitely open to ideas and suggestions on improving the ui and tools. Just let me know..

Thanks,

josh

Hey, nice site. Here's some tips-

-Allow adjustments on pen angles/widths and for ink/paint to drip depending on the speed that the line is drawn. The best tool I've found so far is the 45 degree roller- it actually works like a chisel tip pen but the drawback is that I have to write large and take up entire spots just to do one tag.

-Also, if there's a way to provide a spectrum palette (I don't know the actual term for it, the one where you can move a cursor around to select the hue and a slider for grayscale), that would allow for shading and effects we can't achieve with a limited color selection. I don't know if it's possible, but if there's a way to control relfection and shine then that will allow for metallics (writers love silver paint).

-I don't know if this is a limitation of Flash, but you should let people roll out spots. In a way having designated areas to paint is kind of accurate since there's a limited amount of places to actually do large work, but since this is the internet there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to paint wherever you want to. I will tell you this...some of the locations don't actually reflect spots people paint in SF (not to mention some spots people would like to paint).

-So far, the mapping is pretty good, but over time you're going to have to add some more areas.

Most of us are artists and respect good work, so I think I speak for everyone when I say that we'll leave good pieces alone as long as they aren't crossed out or otherwise defaced.

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, you can PM me and I'll try to help out as much as I can.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, nice site. Here's some tips-

-Allow adjustments on pen angles/widths and for ink/paint to drip depending on the speed that the line is drawn. The best tool I've found so far is the 45 degree roller- it actually works like a chisel tip pen but the drawback is that I have to write large and take up entire spots just to do one tag.

-Also, if there's a way to provide a spectrum palette (I don't know the actual term for it, the one where you can move a cursor around to select the hue and a slider for grayscale), that would allow for shading and effects we can't achieve with a limited color selection. I don't know if it's possible, but if there's a way to control relfection and shine then that will allow for metallics (writers love silver paint).

-I don't know if this is a limitation of Flash, but you should let people roll out spots. In a way having designated areas to paint is kind of accurate since there's a limited amount of places to actually do large work, but since this is the internet there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to paint wherever you want to. I will tell you this...some of the locations don't actually reflect spots people paint in SF (not to mention some spots people would like to paint).

-So far, the mapping is pretty good, but over time you're going to have to add some more areas.

Most of us are artists and respect good work, so I think I speak for everyone when I say that we'll leave good pieces alone as long as they aren't crossed out or otherwise defaced.

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, you can PM me and I'll try to help out as much as I can.

Many thanks for the feedback, pen and marker angles, widths and other adjustments would be relatively easy. Other things might be trickier. I'll definitely talk to the team here and see how we can work to get them implemented. Agreed on more spots, wanting to make this thing live we just had to set a limit. We're working to push more up..

Yeah, I don't know how you'd code drips into the interface but believe me, it would make all the difference (for me anyway).

I live with a couple of web developers, so I have to hear "the client wants this that and the other thing and we're already behind schedule" all the time. Definitely a thankless job...so for what it's worth, thanks for comign up with something we can have fun with. I'm sure we'll make good use of it as time goes on and provide feedback.

no you can save stuff but if someone dogs you you can press old so your old piece/tag shows up and then press the button you press when your about to start something new and your old one is still there so you can just save it leaving no trace of the dogging.