FOR MY NBA BASKETBALL NIGGAS...DISCUSSION.

DA KID MERO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only game I had Jordan in was Bulls Vs. Blazers & The NBA Playoffs for the SNES.

And that game sucked. But pretty much all the NBA Live games, he wasn't in. I remember he was in like NBA 2K2 when he played for the Wizards.

Had something to do with him being licensed to another game ("Chaos In The Windy City" probably). Same happened when Barkley had his streetball game and Shaq had his Shaq-Fu game... to me it was stupid to not have them in the NBA Live games though.

I totally agree with you that because they were licenced to some other company they couldn't be in the NBA live games, as I played NBA live to death, with 5 player multitap sessions going on frequently at my place.

A fun fact I read was that Jean Claude Van Damme was actually going to be in Mortal Kombat (but was replaced by Johnny Cage) but couldn't due to his likeness being licenced by some other game company whose game never eventuated. I guess that is the way things go though.

Lebron year 6 shieeeeeeeeet.. There are a handful of players i can mention that have been better than him in the last 30 years. Jordan is the best period. Lebron a big player that passes the ball instead of taking over games. He got a 50/50 Jump shot that he got lucky on in game 2. Kobe alot better than lebron he aint scared to take the shots and he got 3 rings. You see Jordan or Kobe ever pass the ball when then get it. He scared to fail.

Jordan>Bird>MJohnson>Isiah>Kobe>Lebron

Lebron in season 6 he dont even compare to Bird

Larry Bird's impact on the Celtics was immediate. The Celtics were 29–53 during the 1978–79 season, but with Bird the team improved to 61–21 in the 1979–80 season, posting the league's best regular season record. Bird's collegiate rival, Magic Johnson, also had entered the NBA in 1979, joining the Los Angeles Lakers. In 1980, despite a strong rookie season from Johnson, Bird was named the league's Rookie of the Year and was voted onto the Eastern Conference All-Star team (an honor he would receive for each of his 12 full seasons in the NBA). For the 1980 season, Bird led the Celtics in scoring (21.3 points/game), rebounding (10.4 rebounds/game), steals (143), and minutes played (2,955) and was second in assists (4.5 assists/game) and three-pointers (58). Though Boston was beaten by the more athletic Philadelphia 76ers in the Eastern Conference finals that year, Bird's addition to the team had renewed the promise of Celtic glory.

Following Bird's first season, the Celtics acquired center Robert Parish and the 3rd pick in the 1980 NBA Draft via a trade with the Golden State Warriors (in exchange for the 1st and 13th picks in the draft). After the Warriors took Joe Barry Carroll with the 1st pick and the Utah Jazz chose Darrell Griffith second, the Celtics selected University of Minnesota power forward Kevin McHale. With Bird at small forward, the additions of Parish and McHale gave Boston one of the most formidable frontcourts in the history of the NBA. The three would anchor the Celtics throughout Bird's career.

In his second season, Bird led the Celtics into the playoffs, where they faced off for a second consecutive year with Julius Erving's Philadelphia 76ers. Bird helped the Celtics overcome a 3–1 deficit by winning the last 3 games by 2, 2, and 1 point margins, propelling them into the NBA Finals, where they defeated the Houston Rockets in six games with Bird averaging 15.3 points on .419 shooting, 15.3 rebounds and 7.0 assists per game.[9] Larry Bird's impact on the Celtics was immediate. The Celtics were 29–53 during the 1978–79 season, but with Bird the team improved to 61–21 in the 1979–80 season, posting the league's best regular season record. Bird's collegiate rival, Magic Johnson, also had entered the NBA in 1979, joining the Los Angeles Lakers. In 1980, despite a strong rookie season from Johnson, Bird was named the league's Rookie of the Year and was voted onto the Eastern Conference All-Star team (an honor he would receive for each of his 12 full seasons in the NBA). For the 1980 season, Bird led the Celtics in scoring (21.3 points/game), rebounding (10.4 rebounds/game), steals (143), and minutes played (2,955) and was second in assists (4.5 assists/game) and three-pointers (58). Though Boston was beaten by the more athletic Philadelphia 76ers in the Eastern Conference finals that year, Bird's addition to the team had renewed the promise of Celtic glory.

Following Bird's first season, the Celtics acquired center Robert Parish and the 3rd pick in the 1980 NBA Draft via a trade with the Golden State Warriors (in exchange for the 1st and 13th picks in the draft). After the Warriors took Joe Barry Carroll with the 1st pick and the Utah Jazz chose Darrell Griffith second, the Celtics selected University of Minnesota power forward Kevin McHale. With Bird at small forward, the additions of Parish and McHale gave Boston one of the most formidable frontcourts in the history of the NBA. The three would anchor the Celtics throughout Bird's career.

In his second season, Bird led the Celtics into the playoffs, where they faced off for a second consecutive year with Julius Erving's Philadelphia 76ers. Bird helped the Celtics overcome a 3–1 deficit by winning the last 3 games by 2, 2, and 1 point margins, propelling them into the NBA Finals, where they defeated the Houston Rockets in six games with Bird averaging 15.3 points on .419 shooting, 15.3 rebounds and 7.0 assists per game.[9] It would be the first of three championships in Bird's career, as well as the first of his five Finals appearances.

These are the best 2 post in this whole thread.

YALL NIGGAS ARE RETARDED...SO TOM SANDERS IS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY?

YALL NIGGAS ARE BUGGIN. ANSWER 1 QUESTION.

GIVE MJ AND BRON THE SAME SNEAKERS, THE SAME SHORTS, THE SAME GATORADE AND PUT BOTH THOSE NIGGAS ON THE COURT ONE ON ONE IN THEY PRIME. WHO WINS? JUST ANSWER THAT AND DONT HIT ME WITH THAT CHURCH SHIT AND ALL THIS WIKIPEDIA PERCENTAGES AND SHIT.

YALL NIGGAS ARE RETARDED...SO TOM SANDERS IS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY?

GIVE MJ AND BRON THE SAME SNEAKERS, THE SAME SHORTS, THE SAME GATORADE AND PUT BOTH THOSE NIGGAS ON THE COURT ONE ON ONE IN THEY PRIME. WHO WINS? JUST ANSWER THAT AND DONT HIT ME WITH THAT CHURCH SHIT AND ALL THIS WIKIPEDIA PERCENTAGES AND SHIT.

I say Jordan.

All Day.

reasons why lebron is better than jordan:

-lebron is physically stronger, faster, bigger, and more skilled than mike

-lebron had the chance to actually watch mike, magic, and other good old niggas..so he can do all the shit they were doing, with ease.

-lebron plays, dominates in "today's" NBA...which is waaaaaayyy tougher to play in than the era that MJ played in.

-lebron is just a cool nigga than mike..when i was little i thought mike was the coolest nigga in the fuckin world..til i met that nigga and found out how big of an asshole-bitch..but lebron keep it real tho..

let me just ask yall one question.

HOW DO YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE BEEN IF LEBRON PLAYED IN THE 80'S AND 90'S??

Seriously? So you mean to tell me that Jordan would stand by while Horace Grant would dominate? Fuck outta here with that noise. Then by your logic one can make the argument that Lebron wouldn't be shit without Williams, West, or Ilgauskas...Doesn't make sense. Bulls management made all the right moves to put the right players in a Bulls uniform and thus spawned the perfect storm in the 90s.

Im going to guess that most of you hating on MJ would/still root for one of the many teams that 23 would steam roll back in the day...its all good keep hoping that Lebron amounts to half of Jordan's legacy. Until then the count is:

Michael Jeffrey Jordan: 6

Lebron Raymone James: 0

i dont think you fully grasp the game of basketball..like any team sport, you need more than one great player to win a championship.matter of fact you need more than one SUPERSTAR in todays game.

the bulls wouldn't have won a single championship if we never had scottie pippen..and im a diehard bulls fan..ive watched about 95% of all their games over the past 15 years..

jordan didnt win 6 rings..the bulls won 6 rings.

and horace grant was a fuckin beast...and dont forget dennis rodman in those last 3 finals seasons..one of the best rebounders to ever play the game.

Mj all day put lebron in his prime against kobe in his prime and Kobe beat him. Lebron got no jumper its shaky at best. MJ Clutch with that Jumper and creates a shot if going one on one same with Kobe.

Lebron be playing MJ looking to Pass talking bout this shit aint fair. He is pass first score second thinking. MJ Score first ask questions later. He would eat him, and you think Mj didnt play against athletes like lebron in his day think again.