FOR MY NBA BASKETBALL NIGGAS...DISCUSSION.

DA KID MERO

LeBron hit a buzzer-beater after everyone thought the game was over. Turkoglu hit a shot with 1 second left to put them up by 2. LeBron catches and shoot after time out and hits a 3.

I am def not a Lebron fan, but that shot was fucking unbelievable

In the words of the great Ron Burgundy "I'm not even mad...that's amazing"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron, Barkley, Magic, and Larry Bird must not know shit about basketball.

I'm talking about people in general....People who say that he made basketball popular and that they stopped watching after he retired. These people are not basketball fans they were Chicago Bulls bandwagoneers. Basketball didn't begin with Jordan and it sure as hell didn't end when he left.

Jordan was great, one of the best ever but he didn't play the game by himself...Without a lot of his role players chipping in he wouldn't have had near the success he had. Take away Pippen, Paxson, Grant, and Kerr and Jordan would've been just another great scorer with a few scoring titles under his belt.

I'm talking about people in general....People who say that he made basketball popular and that they stopped watching after he retired. These people are not basketball fans they were Chicago Bulls bandwagoneers. Basketball didn't begin with Jordan and it sure as hell didn't end when he left.

Jordan was great, one of the best ever but he didn't play the game by himself...Without a lot of his role players chipping in he wouldn't have had near the success he had. Take away Pippen, Paxson, Grant, and Kerr and Jordan would've been just another great scorer with a few scoring titles under his belt.

co fuckin signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree that the people here saying basketball started with Jordan, and they stopped watching basketball after Jordan left probably aren't really in to basketball in the first place. They hopped on the Jordan bandwagon. Basketball is still a great sport to watch/play today. I grew up playing, played SG in high school; always had & will have an affinity for the sport. There are exciting players & games to watch today. All of these Conference Finals games have been close, exciting games. Last night's Cleveland-Orlando game being one of the most exciting in recent years.

Take away Pippen, Paxson, Grant, and Kerr and Jordan would've been just another great scorer with a few scoring titles under his belt.

Seriously? So you mean to tell me that Jordan would stand by while Horace Grant would dominate? Fuck outta here with that noise. Then by your logic one can make the argument that Lebron wouldn't be shit without Williams, West, or Ilgauskas...Doesn't make sense. Bulls management made all the right moves to put the right players in a Bulls uniform and thus spawned the perfect storm in the 90s.

Im going to guess that most of you hating on MJ would/still root for one of the many teams that 23 would steam roll back in the day...its all good keep hoping that Lebron amounts to half of Jordan's legacy. Until then the count is:

Michael Jeffrey Jordan: 6

Lebron Raymone James: 0

Last time I checked, basketball was a team sport... He needed all those guys to win, especially Pippen. It's not like Jordan went out and scored all the points and grabbed all the rebounds. As great of a scorer as he was he wouldn't have won shit without those guys. The Bulls had key role players on each of the 6 championship teams, you would be a complete dumbass to try and argue that.

What he's saying is that's a retarded argument to use in Lebron's favor, because every player has other people playing with him on the team
I wasn't using that argument in Lebron's favor, I haven't even mentioned Lebron in this thread until now. If you read my other post in this thread you'll see that.

That argument can be used for all championship teams...Sure, there are dominant players that always standout over their team mates and everyone else on the court/field. Jordan was one of those guys, he was one of the best clutch scorers ever to play the game. That being said, he also got a lot of preferential treatment from the refs...He use to travel/walk all the time but the refs always turned a blind eye to that.

Last time I checked, basketball was a team sport... He needed all those guys to win, especially Pippen. It's not like Jordan went out and scored all the points and grabbed all the rebounds. As great of a scorer as he was he wouldn't have won shit without those guys. The Bulls had key role players on each of the 6 championship teams, you would be a complete dumbass to try and argue that.

Jordan did make those other players better though. All of those players that went to other teams after Jordan left turned out to be scrubs. Including Pippen when he went to Portland. Kerr didn't do shit, Wennington, Longley, Kukoc, and all those other guys became average or below average players on other teams.

And yes basketball is a team sport and he did need those other guys but then you can say that about every single player in the NBA.

I don't get all you muthafuckas acting like Jordan played 50 years ago with a bunch of 5'6 white dudes

His last season was 02-03, and he averaged 20 PPG. Plus, he was like 41. Also, he's the only player over 40 to ever drop over 40 in a game

Bump for emphasis. Fuck you, I don't care if it's twice on a page

Yeah these people must either be super young, or not know shit if they think the 90's and early 2000's were a completely different era of basketball.

"Players are bigger and stronger now unlike way back in the day like 1998."

Not really; dudes like Kobe & Shaq were playing then along with Garnett, Ray Allen, and a host of other players still in the game today.

They're acting like people wore tight shorts in the 90's and played with peachbaskets doing setshots.

Jordan did make those other players better though. All of those players that went to other teams after Jordan left turned out to be scrubs. Including Pippen when he went to Portland. Kerr didn't do shit, Wennington, Longley, Kukoc, and all those other guys became average or below average players on other teams.

And yes basketball is a team sport and he did need those other guys but then you can say that about every single player in the NBA.

I agree that most of those players ended up being scrubs...I don't think Pippen did as much as the others though. By the time he made it to Portland he was 35 years old, a lot of guys retire before they reach that age and he was still decent.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Jordan either he deserves his props he did shit on the court that a lot of guys cant. In my years of watching pro basketball there are only a few players that came close to playing the 2 guard as well as Jordan. Clyde Drexler was the Jordan of the west coast, He played in a small market but was every bit as exciting to watch as Jordan was.

Look at this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUL32ax4igQ

Kobe, Lebron, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Dwayne Wade are the other ones that come to mind. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but those are the elite guards I would put in Jordan's class.

And I'm probably in denial about him being the greatest player ever... Because like Da Bears said, I'm still mad about my Blazers getting beat in the 92 finals.

As far as the Lebron VS Jordan debate goes all I can say is time will tell...Lebron is an awesome player one of the best I've seen in along time and when he wants to be is damn near unstoppable.

It is all going to depend on your perspective.

I'm sure people that are just getting turned onto basketball, or who are too young to remember anything past the late nineties are going to be biased to this era's players.

The funny part is, if these guys end up not playing much longer for what ever reason, they won't matter much in the grand scheme of the history of basketball.

The potential for Lebron to surpass Jordan is certainly there. However until he at least wins 2-3 titles, and a few more MVP's as great as an athlete as he may be, you can't compare him. That shot last night was amazing, no doubt. Lebron is unguardable, no doubt. But to throw him up there with a man that is a legend, and has so many moments engraved in basketball lore I really don't think it's fair.

As far as the comparisons go I would also say that Kobe is a much closer to Jordan than anyone else.

Clyde Drexler was also the man, but still not on the same level. Clyde was also the reason I sported the # 22 back when I played. Or uhmm..still do.

lebron is good, great even. zero championships.

mj - nuff said.

This is a garbage argument. It took Jordan 7 years to cop his first championship. This is coming up on year 5 for LeBron and the possibility of a championship this year is high.

Drexler was awesome, and I remember the good old Tecmo Super NBA game on Nintendo back in the day I actually used the Blazers on that as they seemed to have the most depth to their roster.

My friend who is a basketball nut said the reason that Jordan is the best is that he has that killer instinct of competitiveness, mostly from his youthful background of being told he can't do this, can't do that, being cut from the team etc. That "fuck you I will show you" attitude is what my friend says people like Kobe (who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and didn't have to fight for anything) lack, and knowing the different mentalitys people have, I do agree. Unless LeBron has this same attitude then I dont think he can accomplish half of what Jordan did, having not followed NBA for a while I can't really say

Drexler was awesome, and I remember the good old Tecmo Super NBA game on Nintendo back in the day I actually used the Blazers on that as they seemed to have the most depth to their roster.

I didn't realize Tecmo even made a basketball game...I always played the EA games Lakers VS Celtics or Bulls VS Lakers on the genesis. In the Lakers VS Celtics game they included the awesome Tom Chambers dunk over Mark Jackson..Tom Chambers could dunk from the three point line in that game. :lol:

If you don't know what dunk I'm talking bout check it out...This is one of the best dunks ever in my opinion.

Yeah tecmo made a game but over here they had to change Jordan's name to 'Guard Bulls' whereas in the US version he was still Michael Jordan. It was the 91-92 rosters, I am pretty sure, but yeah I remember all those old games. I think they changed his name because he had that game where he licenced himself and it was something like one on one streetball matches I think, or was it a platformer? Anyone remember this game or what it was called? It wasn't a total abomination like Shaq-fu or anything.