Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest spectr

Now I understand why people have fish tanks

Guest spectr

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1181442/Fish-triggers-LSD-like-hallucinations-caught-Cornwall.html

"A fish that can trigger LSD-like hallucinations when eaten has been discovered in UK waters. The sarpa salpa species of bream is normally found in the Mediterranean and around South Africa.

But fisherman Andy Giles has told how he hauled a sarpa salpa, instantly recognisable by its gold stripes, near Polperro, Cornwall.

Mr Giles, 38, said: 'We were trawling for lemon sole and hauled it up at the end of the day. After taking a photograph, I put it in the fish box and brought it back for experts.

'Perhaps I should have taken it into town to sell to some clubbers!'

There have only been three recordings of sarpa salpa in British waters before.

Experts say they may be being lured north by warmer waters.

Marine biologist James Wright said: 'It could be a single fish shoaling with a different species but it could be there are more in our seas.'

Sarpa salpa are served in Mediterranean restaurants - but if the head is eaten hallucinations, caused by plankton the fish eats, can last days.

In 2006, two men, one aged 90, suffered hallucinations and nightmares for days after eating sarpa salpa in southern France."

http://www.erowid.org/animals/fish/fish_info1.shtml

"

: list of psychotropic fish:

: Abudefduf septemfasciatus (Sergeant major) Pacific Ocean, Africa

: Epinephelus corallicola (Grouper) Pacific Ocean

: Kyphosus cinerascens (Bluefish) Indonesia

: Kyphosus vaigiensis (Brass bream) Indonesia

: Mugil cephalus (Flathead mullet) The tropics

: Mulloidichtys samoensis (Golden goatfish) Indonesia

: Neomyxus chaptali (Mullet) Indonesia

: Saganus oramin (Rabbitfish) Indonesia, West Africa

: Upeneus arge (Goatfish) Indonesia

"

I can't wait until this catches on as the latest drug craze and

people are going around trying to sell live fish to each other at clubs

and on the streets.

"yo you wanna trip our balls off this weekend?"

"fuck ya, lets go get some acid"

"naw man fuck that acid shit.... i'm talking fish."

"you wanna go see phish?"

"naw man fuck phish, fish....."

:huh2:

i've never heardd of this, although after hearing about a millipede that produces cyanide, i cant say im shocked.

hallucinations and nightmares that last for days huh? eating fish heads? straight up????can i get a side of salmonella while im at it???

I'll pass

Guest spectr
WADUP SPECTR

up on the mountain where else would I be. I got to go do some work planting and digging some beds in a little while. But I want to eat one of these fish first. How you been man. And I think im heading up your way next month or july sometime. I might even make the oregon country fair if I get lucky.

I've been living, actually heading south to Eug here in a couple hours, I'll say hi to the city for ya :) I've still never gone to oregon country fair, I would if I could get an overnight pass, from what I hear that's whats up.

Guest spectr

Dow I might be able to hook that up since I might be working for them this year. Waiting to hear back from someone about that. if not its easy to sneak in, or so I have heard. I will drop you a line in the near future.

But if we do go we should get a bunch of these fish to feed out kids so we can laugh as they trip off eating live fish...

TERRIBLE IDEA

i did that shit when i was like 15, i almost got hit by a few cars while staring at traffic lights at 5pm, then started a fight in a mcdonalds because i thought the one dollar bill i gave the clerk was a 10, then spent the rest of the time staring at lightbulbs. fuck that shit.

• Like 1

woaa. never heard about this morning glory trip... ive got some growing in my yard...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now