Vegetarian

Y.FRESHJIVE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WILL EAT THE ASS OFF A LOW-FLYING DUCK

WAS VEG FOR 3 YEARS

NOW I BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD TREAT ANIMALS KINDLY AND AT LEAST GIVE THEM A DECENT LIFE BEFORE WE DEVOUR THEM.

ooops caps lock

You vegetarians need to be careful about the amount you fry food.

I find it interesting that Indian food (dal and Chappati) and Mexican food (Frijoles, tortillas arroz) are perfectly balanced proteins. I love tofu but prefer it with ginger, soy and green onions, uncooked. that is the way it was meant to be eaten

Also Miso soup (make sure you check if it has Bonito) is my hang over cure and a great way to eat tofu. you just need miso- wakame- Kombu and tofu (plus any other veggies)

Livingin Japan it is really hard to go veg. The homie Serum does it but I don't know how. I eat a lot of fish but occasionaly enjoy a steak or korean BBQ.

Im 1.5 years post 12 years of living on a strict vegan diet, I still eat, cook and enjoy vegan meals. I actually just swooped Living In The Raw cookbook today (actually yesterday for most of you), I created a vegan cookbook that almost got published by penguin....

I guess what Im sayin is through my experience I learned that it is actually impossible to live a complete vegan lifestyle and you should just do the best you can do on your vege/vegan diet and fuck whatever people say, cause think about it, its your choice, its what you want to do and do what makes you happy. :)

I WILL EAT THE ASS OFF A LOW-FLYING DUCK

WAS VEG FOR 3 YEARS

NOW I BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD TREAT ANIMALS KINDLY AND AT LEAST GIVE THEM A DECENT LIFE BEFORE WE DEVOUR THEM.

ooops caps lock

You vegetarians need to be careful about the amount you fry food.

I find it interesting that Indian food (dal and Chappati) and Mexican food (Frijoles, tortillas arroz) are perfectly balanced proteins. I love tofu but prefer it with ginger, soy and green onions, uncooked. that is the way it was meant to be eaten

Also Miso soup (make sure you check if it has Bonito) is my hang over cure and a great way to eat tofu. you just need miso- wakame- Kombu and tofu (plus any other veggies)

Livingin Japan it is really hard to go veg. The homie Serum does it but I don't know how. I eat a lot of fish but occasionaly enjoy a steak or korean BBQ.

whats up power bill.

i tend to avoid veggie threads like the plague.

yeah being vegetarian in Japan sucks so bad. my grocery bill was close to $700 US a month.

vegetables were just so expensive. like $2-4 for one measly yellow pepper. can of beans can be $3/can

i've never eaten fish before but that seems the way to go. you could get a huge fish for a few yen. health food stores are

almost nonexistent and you have to search for taiwan imports. plus I love frozen food.

the convenience of coming home from a long days work, not feeling like cooking and just grabbing

something frozen and be able to eat it 5 minutes later is awesome. but basically the only way to do

it in Japan is to be able to down a few pounds of raw tofu a day. and you've never had tofu

until you've had some from Kyoto.

I really don't know what to say in veggie threads but basically just try your best to be healthy and what works for you.

I have vegan friends that eat a fucking a bag of potato chips and a 2 liter of coke a day. sure that shit is vegan but a disgusting way of life.

i also have a vegan friend that occasionally eats an ice cream sandwich and wears leather shoes because he skateboards. seriously fuck a label.

i'm this, i eat that, no one gives a shit. as long as you're not a 300lb lump of shit, can be able to walk a few miles without complaining, and climb a fence you're fine.

this weekend, im going to try vod in reno. its a raw food restaurant.

Entrees

Vōdizza

(like pizza)

walnut and zucchini crust topped with a red bell pepper & cashew cheese, marinara, and chopped veggies served on a salad bed with your choice of dressing.

Vōdyaki

(like teriyaki)

Kelp noodles served with a variety of fresh shredded veggies, and topped with a sweet Teriyaki sauce served on a salad bed with your choice of dressing.

Vōdili

(like chili)

Almonds, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and red bell pepper, chopped finely and mixed with a sundried tomato chili sauce then topped with cashew onion cream topping served on a salad bed with your choice of dressing.

Vōdsagna

(like lasagna)

Thinly sliced zucchini planks layered with almond ricotta, marinated mushrooms, and marinara sauce. Dehydrated al dente and topped with fresh veggies served on a salad bed with your choice of dressing. Vodsagna is served warm from the dehydrator on FRIDAYS only.

Vōdinoa

(steamed quinoa)

Served with fresh raw veggies over a salad bed with your choice of dressing and topped with your choice of sauce.

Toasted Sesame Quinoa

Spanish Rice Style Quinoa

Breakfast Quinoa

Vōdkale

marinated kale mixed with diced vegetables and our secret sauce

Vōdwrap

Collard leaf filled with herbs, spiralized & shredded veggies, toasted sesame sauce. (WEDNESDAYS)

Vōdoats

the taste of cinnamon and dates in our creamy raw oatmeal

Desserts

Vōdudgy

(fudge pie)

Decadent dark chocolate pie served over a bed of greens with a sweet raspberry sauce.

Vōdobbler

(apple cobbler)

Fresh and dehydrated apples combined with cinnamon, vanilla, dates, and agave - topped with a dried fruit and nut mixture. Served over a bed of greens with a sweet vanilla sauce.

Beverages

Vōddrinks 12oz/$4.75 16oz/$6.50

JUICES:

Jack Rabbit: apple, lemon, ginger, carrot

Rawjuvenator: cucumber, apple, cilantro, celery

Green it up: spinach, lemon, apple, celery

Rawsome Rochelle: apple, cucumber, lemon, celery

The Basic: apple, celery, carrot

Potassium Power: spinach, parsley, apple, carrot

Blood Purifier: apple, beet, cucumber, carrot

SMOOTHIES:

Green smoothie: spinach, kale, celery, apple juice, agave

Cacao Pow: cashews, cacao, dates, agave, water, sea salt

ALMOND MILKS:

Vanilla, Chocolate, Chaca Maca, Orange, or Blueberry

WHEAT GRASS:

1 0z $3

2 0z $5

How to order:

Vōdteaser $6

Ala carte size served on a small bed of greens with dressing.

Vōdacious $10

Make your dish an entree size - more entree, more salad!

Vōdalicious $14

Make your dish an entree size and add a dessert!

Vōdalltheway $20

Make your dish an entree size with a dessert and a 16oz juice or smoothie!

Vōdert $5

Just a sweet please! (Dessert only)

Vōdalad

Vōdarnbig salad with loads of veggies on top and your choice of dressing!

I was just thinking about

how some people equate compassion and healthy lifestyles

with weakness.

fucking dummies.

the "vegan equals emasculation" thing for dudes is really fucking retarded as well.

*sigh

stupid people are stupid.

Yeah, being vegan is no joke. It takes a lot of discipline and planning, it's kind of like being an athlete...I've done it, but they weren't happy times for me at all. Since I was pretty active at the time (either cycling or skating) I just could not get enough energy out of what I was eating, and I was eating right...but way more than I was accustomed to. I don't know. I definitely don't knock it, to this day about 50% of what I eat is vegan. I don't eat any meat at all and don't plan to ever again.

As far as people who advertise their decision to make a lifestyle out of it, that's nice, but I could really care less. A good portion of them are self-centered holier-than-thou douchebags, and are so compassionate that they wouldn't piss in your mouth if your gums were on fire.

whats up power bill.

i tend to avoid veggie threads like the plague.

yeah being vegetarian in Japan sucks so bad. my grocery bill was close to $700 US a month.

vegetables were just so expensive. like $2-4 for one measly yellow pepper. can of beans can be $3/can

i've never eaten fish before but that seems the way to go. you could get a huge fish for a few yen.

mate if you know any us soldiers you can shop at the base in zama for about a quarter of the price of a regular grocery store.

i really don't know about raw foods as a diet.

i also know all about the potato chip vegan diet.

ppl are crazy.

read yesterday too much soda can actually make you lose muscle from potassium issues i think, it can srsly fuck up your heart.

it seems most intelligent people should be able to decide what to eat

unfortunately everyone is an idiot.

it amazes me that no one saw swine flu coming. when you look at factory farming it seems so obvious that it's a recipe for disaster

unfortunately everyone is an idiot.

cosign...

my dude made reservations for our anniversary at this restaurant i've been wanting to try called greens. i'll make sure to take lots of flicks.

ABOUT GREENS RESTAURANT

On each visit, you and your guests will enjoy Chef Annie Somerville's daily menu, which draws from a repertoire that has made Greens one of the premiere vegetarian restaurants in the country. From our airy, art-filled dining room, with floor to ceiling windows you are treated to sweeping views of the Marina, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin headlands.

Greens Restaurant is located in a converted warehouse at historic Fort Mason, which currently is home to more than 50 non-profit cultural and environmental organizations. We opened in 1979 under the auspices of the San Francisco Zen Center. Built by San Francisco Zen Center carpenters, the restaurant incorporates 12 types of wood - from the massive black walnut doors, the hickory stairs at our entrance, the curved bar featuring Port-Orford-Cedar, and the dining tables of maple, walnut and cherry. Much of the wood has been recycled or reclaimed.

Greens also provided an opportunity for Zen students to work together, thus extending their Buddhist practice into the workplace. For many years, the only employees at Greens were Zen students. Traditionally, Buddhists have valued being in the world with an attitude of attentiveness and taking care - the basic elements of service. Greens provided, and still provides, an opportunity to put these basic values into practice.

APPETIZERS

Mesquite-grilled Asparagus Salad with baby leeks, watercress, nicoise olives, balsamic vinaigrette and shaved manchego cheese.

Mung Dal Fritters with spinach, chilies and cilantro. Served with mint coriander sauce.

Mediterranean Sampler - French lentil salad with feta, lemon and mint; filo turnover with artichokes, spring onions, fromage blanc and pecorino pepato; golden and chioggia beets with mache; roasted pepper hummous; grilled pita bread; spicy tomato jam; olives.

Wilted Savoy Spinach Salad with escarole, frisee, feta cheese, kalamata olives, sour dough croutons, red onions, garlic, mint, sherry vinegar and hot olive oil.

Garden Salad with romaine, tat soy, Manila mangos, strawberry papaya, kumquats, pistachios and citrus chili vinaigrette.

Soup special each evening.

ENTREES

Filo Pastry filled with artichokes, crimini mushrooms, leeks and pecorino cheese.

Served braised French lentils and sauteed rainbow chard and dinosaur kale.

Fresh Pea Ravioli with snap, snow and English peas, fava beans, spring onions, almonds,

meyer lemon butter, Italian parsley, chive blossums and Parmesan Reggiano.

Vietnamese Yellow Curry - yellow finn potatoes, little carrots, peppers, celery root,

turnips and snap peas with coconut milk, lemongrass, lime leaves, ginger and cilantro.

Served with cashew jasmine rice and papaya mint chutney.

Mesquite Grilled Brochettes - skewers of mushrooms, peppers, garnet yams, fennel, potatoes,

cherry tomatoes and marinated tofu with charmoula. Served on cherry-pistachio couscous.

Pasta - Caserecce with roasted tomatoes, grilled onions and fennel, pine nuts,

gaeta olives, basil, Regina olive oil and parmesan.

Portobello, Crimini and King Trumpet Mushroom Pizza with leeks, cave aged gruyere, parmesan and thyme.

(Also available without cheese)

Spinach and Braised Endive Pizza with sun dried tomatoes, lemon, rosemary, feta, mozzarella and parmesan.

you can push your meat all you want. i look at that and it doesn't even look appetizing to me. you know, it's not like we're here saying don't eat meat!! meat is bad!!! no no no on meat meat meat!!! it's more of a "personal" choice i made for MYSELF. i could care less if other people eat meat or not, it ain't no skin off my ass. i eat at the same table with meat eaters on the daily, really. go ahead eat that burger, i'll have one with you but mine will just have a veggie patty.

That's cool, but I know several vegans who are RIDICULOUSLY pushy about their beliefs

I honestly don't care much. I make fun of KGP for being vegan, but I make fun of him for 100 other things too...just the kind of guy I am

If I were vegan I would just eat massive amounts of pasta and eggplant. I mean, I'd still only last like 3 days, but I could eat good for those few days

• 2 weeks later...
Suki, we were hanging out with the head something-or-other from Greens at the 4/20 barbecue. He's 50's friend, I think he's the kitchen manager there but I'm not positive.

so we went to greens last night and it was amazing. anyone in sf or visiting and you want to splurge a little, try greens. the service was a+ and so was the food. organic, flavorful, presentation was beautiful, just fucking yummy all around. i give them 4 1/2 stars out of 5.