Vegetarian

Y.FRESHJIVE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a veggie, nearly vegan. aside from cheese, yogurt, and things i cant avoid like in baking i havent drank milk, or eaten an egg in years. and i am by no means frail, rarely get sick, and am in good health, aside from smoking and drinking. i have done the vegan thing off and on, it does clear your head. but its a gradual process, one i doubt ill ever do.

i dont ever push my views on anyone, but i think people have become far to disconnected to their food. if youre going to care abotu one thing, it should be what goes into your body. if you hunted maybe one deer, killed it properly, used all of it, it could feed a family all winter long.

i think the world needs to get back in touch with food, seasonal, local, natural non mass produced food is where its at. i like what gordon ramsay is doing stressing seasonal food.

veggie/vegan burritos are the shit.

fry up some extra firm tofu (cubed)

mix in peppers, tomatoes (heirloom cut rustic are my fave), zucchini, jalapenos

season to your taste (basil, paprika, oregano, salt, chipotle and some sriracha hot sauce)

chuck in some spanish rice,

guacamole

pico di gallo

sourcream (or no if youre a vegan)

and monterray jack or feta (vegan substitute if you like)

bake some yams/sweet potatoes with rosemary and salt for a side (put those dogs in early to get em nice and crispy)

steam that tortilla, wrap that shit up and add a modelo and you have a nice healthy meal.

protein, veggies, light on carbs and filling as fuck and can be done in 20 mins.

faster than a premade meal.

• Like 1

My grandmother was born on a reservation in New Mexico.

I have heard first hand from her about the life of Native Americans.

But my grandmother didn't know facts and statistics.

That is what the internet is for.

And according to the internet, you are wrong.

I'll bet you're frail.

Oh, I wish. I don't eat meat (it's been about 15 years)...I'm 6' and somewhere around 210-215. I walk and ride my bike everywhere and I've been drinking less, so it's probably not that either. My guess is that I'm getting older and my metabolism is slowing down...so it's probably a good thing that I don't eat meat.

It works for me but I don't push it on anyone unless they come over for dinner. Then they're stuck eating whatever I make, but I'm a pretty good cook.

I'm talking about you being a total idiot.

I have spent over 15 years of my live traveling and seeing the way different people live.

So I have seen various ways of life first hand.

I have also seen various ways of life through documentaries, and read accounts that various people have written about their culture and how it relates to their daily life.

I don't have the time to argue with you on here about this because no matter what facts that can be presented to you, you will hold strong to the idea that Native Americans are NOT a minority and that there are more farmers or survivalists than "average" people and that there are more people in America that speak a Native American language than people who speak English or Spanish.

What's beef?

Beef is when you need two gats to go to sleep

Beef is when your moms ain't safe up in the streets

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be in ICU, one more time

What's beef?

Beef is when you make your enemies start your Jeep

Beef is when you roll no less than thirty deep

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be in ICU, check it

be wary of going vegan, it will eliminate a LOT of foods.

Im lactose free going on 3 years and it FUCKING SUCKS. I have to otherwise i get relentless suicidal migraines that make you lie down and weigh up if its worth it to keep living.

Seriously, i would NEVER cut out dairy if i didnt have to.

I love meat. I also love cooking for my husband who is an forced almost-vegetarian (he can still eat fish and seafood) because of health reasons. It got to the point that if he ate meat, he would be vomiting for days so forcefully that he's break blood vessels in his face, which is disturning to say the least. I have not only lost a good amount of body fat, as has he, but I feel better, and don't get as tired as I used to, which is great for someone that has to get up at 6 am to get kids to school, goes in to work at noon, and doesn't get off work until somewhere between 11-1 am. Vegetarianism is great, if you make sure you get your protiens. And I have also discovered that avacados are fucking amazing. You can pretty much live off of them.

It's amazing that dude started a thread to discuss being a vegetarian, and politely asked that any bickering and bullshit be left out and dudes specifically came in here to talk shit.

I was vegetarian/vegan for 7 years, started eating meat again, but have since gone back to being vegetarian because I simply enjoy the food and I physically feel better. i'm also 6' 200lbs+. Because you're not eating bacon every morning, and steak each night doesn't mean you won't get the sufficient amounts of protein.

No knock against any meat eaters - I'm personally not a fan of it.

also, for the active vegetarian/vegan:

i dont ever push my views on anyone, but i think people have become far to disconnected to their food. if youre going to care abotu one thing, it should be what goes into your body. if you hunted maybe one deer, killed it properly, used all of it, it could feed a family all winter long.

i think the world needs to get back in touch with food, seasonal, local, natural non mass produced food is where its at. i like what gordon ramsay is doing stressing seasonal food.

This is something I need to get down with.. Eating locally grown food and foods that are actually in season..

Anyone know a good way to go about this.. I know I could Google, but I'd like to hear from people who actually do this. Obviously farmers markets are a good idea, but what about meats and poultry?

i go to a butcher shop that gets the meat from a local farm.. cows are def. dead before the slaughter, eggs and chicken are def. free range and hormone free.. i wish i had a closer milk supply so i just don't drink it like i used to.

vegetarian is a hard jump to make.. especially w/o a garden

i've been vegan for 5 months, vegetarian for 8 years.

i like being vegan without looking like i'm vegan, meaning, i get all my protein and nutrients and workout every day.

There's nothing frail about me and i've actually been able to bulk up and add muscle these past 5 months i've been vegan.

here's some vegans and vegetarians that aren't frail and could hurt you...

MMA fighter Mac Danzig

2547526355_a531eb4132_o.jpg

Georges Laraque

c4s_georges062408_28346c.jpg

MMA fighter Jake Shields

l_b0c79cd28018deaa7de8af85476f1ab9.jpg

The steak I had last night was over an inch thick. It was great. Theres left overs in the fridge.

The beers I had last week were fucking cold and delicious. They were great, as well as the weed I smoked. It led to some awesome sex with a really hot girl. There's a few beers left in the fridge.

i went vegetarian years ago then for one reason or another i started eating meat then i tried going back but i slipped by eating fish so for now although my diet is mostly vegetarian i will eat seafood here and there. first time it was for health and i lost about 30lbs, this time it's for the love of animals. im slowly working on trying to get off the seafood and start purchasing more vegan friendly items. i have lots of bags and shoes that are leather but im not in a position to throw away my belongings cuz im broke! perhaps one day i can be a true vegan.

it's odd to me how many people seem so anti-vegetarian

i don't run around extolling the virutes of being vegetarian, yet people are always saddened, confused and dismayed when itell them i'm veg.

nearly ALL of my friend's parents who have had me over for dinner have said "what do you eat?!"

anyway it's been 14 years for me, though i do still eat dairy and seafood (not a big fish fan)

and i became lactose intolerant so i have to eat those damn lactase pills a lot, which sucks.

i'm also trying to get off seafood, almost completely. i am down to shrimp and crab basically.

i love morningstar black bean burgers and gardenburger riblets

they seem to satisfy any meat craving i get

check the cooking with 12oz thread for tons of recipes.

• Like 1

don't run around extolling the virutes of being vegetarian, yet people are always saddened, confused and dismayed when itell them i'm veg.

nearly ALL of my friend's parents who have had me over for dinner have said "what do you eat?!"

haha i get that all the time. the first time i went to my bf's house for dinner his dad made ribs and i didn't want to be rude so i ate it. i didnt even chew, i just swallowed the chunks of meat. i got sooooooooooo sick that night. im lactose intolerant as well and milk grosses me out so i use soy milk for my cereal obsession.

i don't miss the taste or texture of meat, but the one thing i kinda miss is bacon. i tried the fake bacons but it was disgusting.