Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Y.FRESHJIVE

Vegetarian

I thought i would make a thread that fellow vegetarians, or vegans could talk freely and share some favorite recipes, etc.

I would also like to start out by saying that i do not look like this guy. And try not to be hating in the thread, thanks.

Nandor_Tanczos.jpg

The reason why i started to become vegetarian, was i wanted to try it for my health, and i thought it would be a cool experience if all failed. And after about 3-4 months of intense cardio workouts, and being a vegetarian, i went from about 11% body fat to about 4-5%, and my 5K personal record went from about 18:30 to about 17:32, which was huge for me because i thought my body was at its max (i have been running for a few years at this point). So i guess the health part worked!

Also after doing more research on how animals are treated is just straight up cruel. Like before i was a vegetarian i would just try to kinda convince myself it wasnt all that bad or just not think about it. Kinda like thinking to my self that the pigs, cows, etc ate grass all day, lived long, and then was put down by grampa out back. I then realized that the cows,pigs and other animals dont even really get to see outside, they stand in like metal fence type deals, or on fucked up cement floors( Def. not there natural enviroment). They watch as other animals of there kind are being killed next to them, or in eye sight, and i mean animals arent fucking retarded, they can ussualy put 2 things together (the average pig is as smart as a 3-4 year kid). Alot of those things above is how mad cow disease is caused, etc.

But anyway, i could go on forever about this shit. I hate to be the one who rants the whole time, condsidering i dont really like people that do that, or push things onto another person. But on another note i was in class like 2 weeks ago and meet this real cute chick who i thought must have been 25. It turns out she is 37, and a vegan!! This chick is like 5'6? real skinny, tan, japanese-american (maybe the looks come from being vegan??:p ). But she was trying to brush the vegan thing onto me. Anyone on here vegan? And how much more difficult is it then being a vegetarian. I guess it would be that hard considering i dont really buy leather anymore, wash with Dr.Bronners, and just by some eggs now and then from some hippie dude at a farmers market. Just cheese would suck to me, Pizza, grill cheese, etc... I would miss that.

Anyways im tired at fuck to type out some recipes right now. But i know how to make some good BBQ Tofu with some Baby Rays sauce. Just fry that tofu up till crispy, then add the sauce to you own pleasure, and throw in some backed potatos, and some asparagus with a good beer. mmm.

meat_peta.jpg

:king2:

there are some REALLY good spots.. people who havent tried it can talk all the shit.. i still eat meat, however every place a friend has taken me to, they got some good shit and you cant really tell. the fake meat is boiled for only 30 secs . crazy but true.

I haven't eaten meat for about 15-16 years.

The only reason I went vegetarian is because I think animals are much better for hugging than for sandwiches.

I have a million recipes, but I just woke up and don't feel like typing out anything too long.

Maybe later I will post my recipe for Gen. Tso's tofu.

My family have all been vegetarian for quite a number of years and they all say it is the best tofu they have ever eaten.

There was a time when I was vegan, and I have been thinking about heading back that way..but I don't know if I can do it again because I love cheese, although I try not to eat much of it.

Also, I am nowhere near being "healthy".

Sure I can ride my bike for hours at a time and jog 3 miles easily, but I still jiggle when I walk.

Plus, the health aspect of it was never a driving point for me seeing as how I still smoke cigarettes and that is the least of the bad habits I had in the past.

I just hate the idea of an animal being bred, born, and slaughtered in horrible ways for the sake of a sandwich.

• Like 1

me n a good friend conversate about this....

he though

' would love this thread.....

but you guys..honestly..

would never last....

man kind has always been meat eaters, im sure they got tired of eatin worms n leaves....once we discovered fire...

shit was over

meat was gettin EATIN!

there are beings put on earth for certain reasons....

meat off of an animal

enjoying the hunt...

teaching the young to hunt...

feeding your family...

WTF

you gunna feed your friends n family

leaves n tree shrubs...ooooh its all i could find brahzzz..

veggies back in the days woulda got CASTED OFF!

I can't see myself becoming a vegetarian more so vegan.

I've tried it before and lasted a little over a week. I just can't.

• Like 1

I'll bet you're frail.

No i wouldnt say that im "frail", i workout about 5 times a week, and take down protein shakes twice a day, plus a high protein diet.

there are beings put on earth for certain reasons....

meat off of an animal

enjoying the hunt...

teaching the young to hunt...

feeding your family...

WTF

you gunna feed your friends n family

leaves n tree shrubs...ooooh its all i could find brahzzz..

veggies back in the days woulda got CASTED OFF!

Things have changed.

You're going to teach your children how to hunt down a saran-wrapped steak in the meat dept at the grocery store?

People have become disconnected from what they are actually eating.

You don't see the animal grow up, get killed, or get butchered for eating.

What you see is a package of weighed out meat that is ready to buy.

ive been hanging out with a lot of vegan/veggie women lately.

i dont eat a lot of meat as it is, i have it once a week or so but generally stick to a veggie diet. it makes me feel slow whenever i eat it.

i definitely want to go veggie and maybe maybe vegan (probably not for a very long while, if at all) but it has nothing to do with caring about animals. i will still wear leather jackets and shoes if i stop eating anything from an animal.

the main thing that stops me from going veggie is fish. i f'n love fish.

the main thing that would stop me from going vegan is cheese. i f'n love cheese.

but im chilleratin with this vegan girl right now and she cooks all her own meals, so if this goes anywhere i will be vegan by default im sure. which doesnt bother me, i'll just have to take vitamins and shit to make sure i dont get anemic.

i go to a place called good karma about once a week. its in san jose, ca. all vegan food, all delicious. all cheap.

Guest spectr

I am down with this thread. I love good veggie and vegan food. I quit eating meat again a year ago and feel so much better for it.

I want some sprouted keenwa

Not a vegan but I limit my consumption of red meat. In the past month I've only eaten red meat once, at a Japanese restaurant. And it wasn't much. I mainly stick with chicken, turkey, and fish.

I don't think I can ever go without meat though. I tried the vegetarian binge once though to lower bodyfat and get cut, and was successful.

Things have changed.

You're going to teach your children how to hunt down a saran-wrapped steak in the meat dept at the grocery store?

People have become disconnected from what they are actually eating.

You don't see the animal grow up, get killed, or get butchered for eating.

What you see is a package of weighed out meat that is ready to buy.

there are people within our united states...

who live off our land..

raise animals such as sheep...

these people, RAISE,. FARM . AND BUTCHER'

AS CEROMONY...to eat in many ways.....

i dont live but there are people who do....and they are PUEBLO people of the SOUTHWEST.

Are you a ESL student?

I know there are still farmers and ranchers that raise livestock.

They are not the majority of America.

They are a dying minority.

THe average American is not going to go hunting if they decide they want a steak or some fried chicken for dinner.

They are going to go to the grocery store and buy a steak or go to KFC and get some fried chicken.

Are you a ESL student?

I know there are still farmers and ranchers that raise livestock.

They are not the majority of America.

They are a dying minority.

THe average American is not going to go hunting if they decide they want a steak or some fried chicken for dinner.

They are going to go to the grocery store and buy a steak or go to KFC and get some fried chicken.

i mean,,,,look at who your calling an idiot

based on your own thoughts...

?

or learning more

on a people that dont really have to *HUNT*

thae animals are raised there...

im hoping a navajo can come explain what im talking about

why cant

we kill for our own food.??

no im not a fucking ESL student

if you even explored out "your"

fucking BOX

youd find

DEEEEp meaning..in butchering,.,,,and living out of your own fridge.....

or even yet..your own....backyard

so b4 you spotlight me...no i dont live that way....

but the best and healthiest way to live...

is to eat what you kill....

yah i do grow my own garden though....

You are wrong, sir.

According to the US Census, there are less than 2% of Native American or Alaskan Indians.

But then you know, numbers could be wrong..you could be right.

I've seen a few documentaries about living on reservations and how the learning of whatever language is of the tribe is dying out and most new generations only speak English or Spanish.

Once again, those documentaries could be wrong and you could be right.

I am not basing things on my own thoughts.

I am basing things on what is commonly known in America.

The majority of people that hunt do it for sport.

They aren't hunting for a "spiritual" reason or for pure survival.

Sure there are people who live in the Appalachians that hunt for their food, but they are mountain folk and live in shacks with no running water and aren't the "average" American.

There are still people who raise their own animals, as I said...but they are not the majority.

Even the Mexicans that have a yard full of chickens, it stops at chickens.

They don't have cows for milk or for beef.

They don't have pigs.

As it is against city regulations.

I am sure people who live on ranches out in the middle of nowhere have their own livestock.

But like I keep saying...they are still a minority.

MOST people buy their meat from a butcher or grocery store.

i have been a vegetarian for a little over 13 years and the thing that pisses me off most is when a vegan or vegetarian goes to a dinner party at a spot, knowing they dont have shit for them, and complains. fuck that. dinner parties suck anyway.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now