12oz IRC Thread

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u need to identify people by their ip?

what are you a cop bro?

public chatrooms are a bitch. i trust irc far more because i can lookup the ip info, rather than just have to go by a name in a chatroom like tinychat.

we had some asshole asking a lot of questions awhile ago on irc, and also using names of other members and just starting shit. when you have access to the IP, that kinda 12 year old bullshit is gone.

i mean, you pretty much need to censor yourself because of that. we've had a few possible railcops/investigators that wouldn't stop asking questions, and the only way we were able to identify them is because of their IP address. ANYONE can use tinychat and look the same.

im sorry but 90% of the people that frequent channel zero are not writers that really need to be concerned about cops in the chat. If your that concerned with secrecy i dont think you guys should be posting pictures of your day, and what you ate today, what your favorite song, color, and zodiac sign is, how old your little sister is, and that your deeply scared of spiders. Clearly you guys want to chat together live because youve already reached a level of intimacy by talking to eahother on a public forum. so to the cop card i say

smh*

It's creepy when someone you don't know is asking very pointed, specific questions of certain people in the chat, knows who they are, what they write etc. IRC is different, if you don't use it or haven't used it then you probably don't understand the difference.

You guys should just stop being dyslexic and learn how to use IRC!

Can someone PM me the info plzzz.

I have mIRC and have joined the room before. Seemed too serious & boring.

And I don't know who Shai is talking about; someone asking personal questions about other 12oz members. Maybe it has happened but this is not a recurring issue that you normally see.

And look at the problems with IRC; harder to get in, the server's down, opening the room in EFNet, DALnet, whatevernet, etc.

im sorry but 90% of the people that frequent channel zero are not writers that really need to be concerned about cops in the chat. If your that concerned with secrecy i dont think you guys should be posting pictures of your day, and what you ate today, what your favorite song, color, and zodiac sign is, how old your little sister is, and that your deeply scared of spiders. Clearly you guys want to chat together live because youve already reached a level of intimacy by talking to eahother on a public forum. so to the cop card i say

smh*

hey! hey! hey! they can still tell us how old their sister is.

just sayin'

as for the privacy part: we went pretty far in irc to protect the people who wanted to maintain some privacy. we also went pretty far to maintain some sort of order out of respect for the irc rooms namesake (and its rules).

you tinychat folk are putting it all out there, and god knows what you talk about openly there. no moderation and no one watching out for you spells trouble.

76IVT38L40_211-1.jpg