Seattle.. FTW or FTL?

Telo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the first starbucks shop across the street from pike place, and get a pierogi next door.

Get a burger from Zippy's on Delridge, best fucking burgers ever, but Dicks is a close second.

Walk through some of our world renown bum piss alleys downtown.

Gasworks is fun.

Mariner's tickets should be easy to get.

Space needle is overrated but the science center right next to it is fun, see an IMAX movie, or sample some of the fine weed Seattle has to offer and see laser zeppelin.

• Like 1

Cool touristy shit:

Pike Place, get fish and chips at Jacks, then go to the Lusty lady and (take quarters)

Discovery park, then hit the Ballard locks, then hit Golden Gardens (beachhhhh)

Gas works, then check out the Montlake cut and walk around in the wetlands down there

Drive 10 minutes through the Arboretum to the Japanese Garden

Go to Kurt Cobain's old property and read all the dumb shit kids right on the bench next to it

Drive 5 minutes to Madison beach

There's some good record stores and shit scattered throughout the city too, I can help depending on what you dig.

this is the place i go to to get all my seafood unless i get it myself. i was there on monday and they had the most amazing looking red snapper extra fresh! seattle seafood ftw!

THIS right here looks amazing.. Didnt realize there were so many seattle folks on here..

Moving in Jan.

For the Safeco game I recommend spending some time in Chinatown beforehand. Panama coffee for a cup and then a walk around the terrace park nearby. I am a fan of Maneki sushi which is also in Chinatown and has a nice bar, oldest sushi restaurant in Seattle. There is also, the Malay Satay Hut for Malaysian, The Jade Garden for dim sum or dinner.

A trip to Georgetown might be nice, one of the few areas in Seattle that still looks the same as it did when I was growing up. Which is one thing about this place is that it has been being torn town and rebuilt like crazy over the past ten years.

If you have a car and are into nature type stuff that opens up a whole new vacation depending on time.

If you end up stuck in belltown having drinks on 1st and find it a bit much try walking over to lava lounge or shortys on second.

If you end up by the seattle center have a cocktail at the mecca next to dicks on Queen Anne Ave hell might as well have a burger at dicks while you are there.

The Museum of History and Industry might not be a bad spot to check out and oriented well for a walk in the park.

If you end up going to Madison Beach I would suggest bringing lunch from ezzells, which is a fried chicken restaurant across the street from Garfield High. Oprah has been known to fed ex their chicken to Chicago packed on dry ice.

Go to the CD and yell at all the wanna be white thugs, then head to Capitol Hill and hit all the allies, hit up Pike Street for the beautiful sunset and amazing seafood you can buy, then i'd say probably go to sodo and eat at krispy kreme on 1st ave cause they're always on point

last but not least, don't invite betue there while you're there telo ;)

on the real, there's alot to do in seattle, i can't wait to move back

Go to the CD and yell at all the wanna be white thugs, then head to Capitol Hill and hit all the allies, hit up Pike Street for the beautiful sunset and amazing seafood you can buy, then i'd say probably go to sodo and eat at krispy kreme on 1st ave cause they're always on point

last but not least, don't invite betue there while you're there telo ;)

on the real, there's alot to do in seattle, i can't wait to move back

Good Vietnamese food in South Park and White center...if you're lookin' to get hood. Great Vietnamese food all over the city, though. Ride out to the Freemont market for nice shorts on descent shorties...

get a 5dollar 40 from chachas.

or some bar called like normas for 1$ olympias. get wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too drunk, head to some afterhours at some bar/apartment under a bridge called like diablocorazon. do a shit load of shitty drunk tags. and convince your cabbie to sell you a gun.

seattle is good times.

In the summer for a visit you should be fine. If you live here be prepared for a curtain of gray from October to May. The summer here is about 6 weeks long and starts in mid July. The rain is often drizzle or light rain, not like pouring down rain found elsewhere. On the plus side there is very little snow but when it does hit it shuts this motherfucker down with a quickness.

Man.........this is some funny ass shit to me! People loving Seattle up. I'm from this motherfucker and say what you want about the CD, Mariners games at Safeco, Ezells Chicken etc...........but this place is not made for people that can't tolerate gray skies and drizzle ALL THE TIME! The summer........is short as fuck here! The ONLY time........and I repeat the ONLY time worth coming to "visit" Seattle..........is the summer time. Rarely any humidity.........perfect temperatures with a cool breeze coming off the Puget Sound.......summers are great. The rest of the year..........Suicide City. Fuck what they say.........DON"T come here unless it's summer time. It would be a big waste of money in my opnion. Unless for some morbid reason you're longing to see mad rain and grey skies with a cup of Starbucks, a trip to the Space Needle and winding up at Pike Place Market! If you're longing for the genuine Seattle feel.......then ok....but if you want daylight until 10pm and weather that really allows you to see the good things that Seattle has.........then ONLY come visit in the summer time!

• Like 1