Seattle.. FTW or FTL?

Telo

So in July i'll be heading out to Seattle for about a week. I wanted to get some feedback from some of you west coast heads on must-dos'. I want to experience some of the great food and unique shit the city has to offer.

Hole in the wall restaurants, well known restaurants, would like to see a game at safeco, any good gallery openings during july, festivals (big and small), and pretty much anythihng that Seattlites and people that frequent the city like to do.

If i was going on a trip i probably wouldnt make a thread about it but due to the significant other getting a wildly successful job out there I may debate going there after im done with my MBA in december. It would be a huge move and would want to make it worth it. I couldnt deal with a city that lacks excellentness.

And heres a picture of a Lion

lion.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to the pike market, chock full of hole in the walls.

also check Uwajimaya

went a while back and those were my 2 favorite experiences

Yeah Ive heard great things about PikesPlace market. Apparently the lady has a swanky highrise pad just around the corner from this place.

In all honesty Ive heard nothing but good things about this city. Not only from her but friends as well.

I'll be there for the 4th of july. Any good events around then that anyone knows of?

No they did not.

Seattle is awesome.

I reside there.

Go to dicks hamburgers.

Walk around wallingford and freemont.

seriously consider the 25 minuete drive to DIXIES BBQ. in bellevue WA. The huskies have eaten there every year. There are tons of signatures from a LOT of people on the walls. It is the best barbeque hands down in the city.

fucking amazzingg.

If your not into bbq. hit up pagliaccis pizza in seattle. Hella bomb pizza but its pricey.

Go to the science center. go see a concert or show at the SHOWBOX.

have fun!

if your into clothes sneakers and or you skate go to GOODS. http://www.needgoods.com

seattles finest!

yup i second this. gotta try the man's hot sauce.

BUT - dont be a pussy and have gene put a tiny bit on the tip of a toothpick and give it to you, you gotta man the fuck up, take a small chunk, put it on your meat, and give it a shot.

it's worth purchasing too, just so you can randomly ask somebody, "hey you like hot stuff? try this" and give them a fat spoonful, and ruin their fucking day.

Going back out in late July... looking forward to these:

Vivace. Serious business.

cupcake royale... 3000 miles for a fucking cupcake? yes.

Pike Place. Summer fruit... eat a lot of it, stone fruit especially. The single best plum I've ever had was handed to me here. You can also pretty much live off the free samples they had out. Buy the lady some flowers, too.

Drive out to Ballard and watch boats in the locks... then watch salmon swim... then eat them on Vashon Island while skipping stones and drinking beers.

The Washington Park Arboretum is nice, too... and free. My brother-in-law is the city arborist for Seattle and he geeks out on this place, still.

What's that hipster neighborhood? Don't go there... just drive through and make fun of hipsters.

Here's a picture of a salmon.

1185136231_18a08263e6.jpg

• Like 1

Going back out in late July... looking forward to these:

Vivace. Serious business.

cupcake royale... 3000 miles for a fucking cupcake? yes.

Pike Place. Summer fruit... eat a lot of it, stone fruit especially. The single best plum I've ever had was handed to me here. You can also pretty much live off the free samples they had out. Buy the lady some flowers, too.

Drive out to Ballard and watch boats in the locks... then watch salmon swim... then eat them on Vashon Island while skipping stones and drinking beers.

The Washington Park Arboretum is nice, too... and free. My brother-in-law is the city arborist for Seattle and he geeks out on this place, still.

What's that hipster neighborhood? Don't go there... just drive through and make fun of hipsters.

Here's a picture of a salmon.

Oh excellent

Props distributed accordingly