Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telo

Seattle.. FTW or FTL?

So in July i'll be heading out to Seattle for about a week. I wanted to get some feedback from some of you west coast heads on must-dos'. I want to experience some of the great food and unique shit the city has to offer.

Hole in the wall restaurants, well known restaurants, would like to see a game at safeco, any good gallery openings during july, festivals (big and small), and pretty much anythihng that Seattlites and people that frequent the city like to do.

If i was going on a trip i probably wouldnt make a thread about it but due to the significant other getting a wildly successful job out there I may debate going there after im done with my MBA in december. It would be a huge move and would want to make it worth it. I couldnt deal with a city that lacks excellentness.

And heres a picture of a Lion

lion.jpg

• Like 1

It's a nice town. I liked the Globe Cafe, it's probably not for everyone.

There's a few people on here from Seattle, they can fill you in on some details.

go to the pike market, chock full of hole in the walls.

also check Uwajimaya

went a while back and those were my 2 favorite experiences

go to the pike market, chock full of hole in the walls.

also check Uwajimaya

went a while back and those were my 2 favorite experiences

Yeah Ive heard great things about PikesPlace market. Apparently the lady has a swanky highrise pad just around the corner from this place.

In all honesty Ive heard nothing but good things about this city. Not only from her but friends as well.

I'll be there for the 4th of july. Any good events around then that anyone knows of?

omg, a lion... get in the motherfucking car

sorry, i have nothing to offer to this, but the lion got me.

actually i may be wrong but i hear they have a free public transit.

7$? You're trippin'. Try like 3 or something. It's a great place to live I'll tell you that much. Born and raised. 21st and Yesler!

No they did not.

Seattle is awesome.

I reside there.

Go to dicks hamburgers.

Walk around wallingford and freemont.

seriously consider the 25 minuete drive to DIXIES BBQ. in bellevue WA. The huskies have eaten there every year. There are tons of signatures from a LOT of people on the walls. It is the best barbeque hands down in the city.

fucking amazzingg.

If your not into bbq. hit up pagliaccis pizza in seattle. Hella bomb pizza but its pricey.

Go to the science center. go see a concert or show at the SHOWBOX.

have fun!

if your into clothes sneakers and or you skate go to GOODS. http://www.needgoods.com

seattles finest!

seriously consider the 25 minuete drive to DIXIES BBQ. in bellevue WA.[/url]

yup i second this. gotta try the man's hot sauce.

make sure u hang out around some beaches. take a ride on the ferry and get a bowl of clamchowder. drink some coffee (americano), catch some tags, get drunk, try to find some music. yep.

yup i second this. gotta try the man's hot sauce.

BUT - dont be a pussy and have gene put a tiny bit on the tip of a toothpick and give it to you, you gotta man the fuck up, take a small chunk, put it on your meat, and give it a shot.

it's worth purchasing too, just so you can randomly ask somebody, "hey you like hot stuff? try this" and give them a fat spoonful, and ruin their fucking day.

All this info is great guys much appreciated.

The BBQ place will be a MUST do on the journey.

Any good Asian restaurants? And for seafood, wheres the best seafood spots?

Going back out in late July... looking forward to these:

Vivace. Serious business.

cupcake royale... 3000 miles for a fucking cupcake? yes.

Pike Place. Summer fruit... eat a lot of it, stone fruit especially. The single best plum I've ever had was handed to me here. You can also pretty much live off the free samples they had out. Buy the lady some flowers, too.

Drive out to Ballard and watch boats in the locks... then watch salmon swim... then eat them on Vashon Island while skipping stones and drinking beers.

The Washington Park Arboretum is nice, too... and free. My brother-in-law is the city arborist for Seattle and he geeks out on this place, still.

What's that hipster neighborhood? Don't go there... just drive through and make fun of hipsters.

Here's a picture of a salmon.

1185136231_18a08263e6.jpg

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now