Procrastination

YouMad.GIF

So I have a habit of putting stuff off, for a long time. I procrastinate the fuck out of everything... It wasn't a problem when I was in school (actually it was - I was always a stay up for 2 days right before the due date) type of guy. Now I live a life with very little structure , and since I freelance, processtination is a killer. I take weeks to do simple shit... Sometimes it takes days for me to send critical emails because I don't fucking feel like it.

Anyone of you lazyfucks conquored procrastination? I'm not intirested in what you do to get your little term papers in on time or whatever, so if your some 20 year old college kid keep it movin' because you don't have enough experience in the real world.

So yeah, how do you battle procrastination

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's 4 in the afternoon.

I've been up since 8 this morning, and spent 99% of the day on the couch doing absolutely nothing productive.

This happens every Monday.

I have a horrible habit of getting together care packages and then NEVER mailing them.

Letting them sit around for a year or more and then just throwing away everything because I know I will never get around to mailing it.

Sometimes I get super motivated and get all sorts of stuff taken care of.

Then I go through phases where I sit in my pajamas half the day and stuff piles up all around me until I can't deal with it anymore.

There is nothing that I have found that will motivate me to get things done in a timely manner.

I'm destined to be late on everything.

This is one of my biggest problems as well. I put shit off until the absolute last moment it has to be done. Which usually ends up in a big pile of fuck up.

Like right now, I got work @ 11 am, and I'm sitting here not ready to even leave yet.

It does only take me 10 minutes to get there though.

I dunno bruh I havnt had a job where I have to be anywhere for about 2 years now, and even then it was short lived

On a side note I'm seriously considering Air Force officer school to handle my 57,000$ student loans I'm defaulted, dodging, and have little hope of paying

I am a huge procrastinator. The only thing that I have ever found to get over it, is just a desire to get shit done. You'll never and I mean it, NEVER find some little trick that gets you motivated to finish shit(or even startit if that's your deal). But if you need something done, just grind your teeth and do it. Sometimes you'll get some satisfaction from accomplishing what you did, while at other times you will simply say, at least I don't have to think about that any more.

A guy I used to work with would write everything he had to get done for the day on an index card. So he knew what he was supposed to do. Worked pretty good for him I think. He was also a friend of the ganja, which is why I don't think he thought about stuff a lot either. Seemed to work wonders for him though, he always got mad shit done, cause he had a list of shit to accomplish.

it sound a bit shit. But honestly a lot of people procrastinate because of some kind of feeling of inadequacy. They are scared the finished product isnt' going to be up to scratch. If thats the case with you. You need to be aware of that and get over it.

There is no such thing as excellence. It is only a matter of having good habbits. Stop procrastinating long enough and you'll forget you ever did it. It's like quiting smoking.

I have a long time problem with hiding from things that I do not want to deal with, the IRS, legal matters, debts etc. For daily stuff like chores I make a list and knock it off, for the bigger stuff I try to break it down into smaller chunks and work through a little at a time.

Putting stuff off can fuck you pretty good sometimes, I hid from my taxes and now owe much money in the penalty fees, if I had just done the paperwork on time and not payed it would have saved me thousands.

i have a pair of shoes sitting next to me that i was supposed mail back like a month ago cause they don't fit.

i have bills sitting next to me that have yet to be paid and are probably gonna recieve notices on them telling me i owe them more now.

i got layed off and should probably be looking for a job now, filling out unemployment shit, and turning in this severance thing to my work so i can get paid, but instead im planning trips and shit.

how to beat the procrastination? beats the fuck outta me.

i am guilty as well

i have like 8 projects'

i have been trying to get done'

for the past 6months

ill start one..

then goto another

then go back and start a new 1

eventually theres a buncha shit laying around....

oh im working on this....

that1 is almost done........

I started making to do lists

I did one thing, wash my dog because he kinda stunk

Then I just cleaned the whole bathroom because he dogged it up

So I guess it sorts worked a little

But I got like 3 other things to do and I'm bullshitting on here bumping new freeway and oontzing

Im also in this boat. Deciding upon a set time to get something done by is a big step out of the boat though. That's what Ive been doing lately. Cleaning the house and doing yardwork are my main biggest things that I dont want to do. I'll end up posting in Ch. 0 before that and lots of other small things get done. I'll make a time deadline for say, getting the kitchen cleaned and this dishes done and actually end up cleaning more than the kitchen. It helps to make things happen.