12oz Dog Lovers Society --help a brother out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup w/ the greenies? I was curious about them?

Didn't do my dog's stomach well, kind of messy having that chewed shit on the floor too. Plus, that chew type shit tends to pick up hair and shit on the carpet which the dog then eats. Need I tell you what happens next when the dog eats a hair? :lol:

Also, if you don't want to use the flax seed oil you can give an egg here and there, I prefer to microwave or hard boil them Vs frying or whatever.

socialize her asap with other dogs and people.

this. the only regret i have about adopting a full grown dog is she was never socialized properly - she went from being an abandoned hunting dog to living in foster care with 13 other dogs, all bigger than her. so she's got dominance issues with alot of other dogs, though none with humans.

Didn't do my dog's stomach well, kind of messy having that chewed shit on the floor too. Plus, that chew type shit tends to pick up hair and shit on the carpet which the dog then eats. Need I tell you what happens next when the dog eats a hair? :lol:

Also, if you don't want to use the flax seed oil you can give an egg here and there, I prefer to microwave or hard boil them Vs frying or whatever.

I give King a whole raw egg sometimes, he eats the shell and all. Dogs are a lot more resilient than a lot of people think. Feeding them human food isn't necessarily good for them, by this I mean fried chicken and waffles type shit, or cosmic brownies, they shouldn't have stuff like that. But I give my dogs vegetables on the regular. And raw meat does their bodies good.

earl

dogs are pack animals, so you have to be the alpha male

at all times

that way he knows your the boss and will always do what you say, know he can't get away with shit, etc

don't let him sleep in your bed because then he'll think you're equal

and make him do something to get a treat (say, 90% of the time) even if its something really simple like sitting down

don't let him get up on the furniture without asking

and socialize him with other dogs as much as possible from a young age

i didn;t have time to read replies but saw this and thought right on.

dogs need to know you are the pack leader and they'll be better socialized, friendly and obedient.

i am very happy we didn't let our dogs sleep in bed.

it's bad enough that they come in the room and stare during sex.

she looks awesome.

**our dogs adore greenies and similar stuff by competitors

however they get mean ass farts from it, so i prefer we don't give it to em

oh wtf is in that sht though they love it.

only once in awhile.

mad $$$ too.

rubber-kong-dog-toys.jpg

These chew toys rule pretty hard.

I used to have a Neapolitan Mastiff and she would go through huge bones like they were a joke to her.

Kong chew toys were the only thing we could find that would last.

our pit consumes them, even the ill black ones

we can't give her anything to chew. :(

So my girlfriend named the dog "Ladybug." It's more her dog than mine, due to the logistics of purchase, but it is my dog as long as her and I are together. So I'm not fully used to calling this dog "ladybug" or "bug." I do call her "Ladybug Johnson" from time to time though. Anyways, I had to bring her to the vet today (she's got a cold already), and the lady asks "what's her name" from across the room. So I had to yell out "Ladybug." Everyone thought that was cute, but man, did it feel cornball yelling that across the room.

As for her cage training, she's doing great. I think she actually loves it in there. We put a nice soft bed in there, with her toys and a felt blanket. She sleeps in there at night, and is really good about it. During the day, I've been taking her out and putting her back in, so she'll get used to it when we both are away. So far, she doesn't put up any fuss at all. Right now, I've got her in an A/C'ed room because it's kind of hot today. She's sleeping due to her cold. The only times she wines in there, is when she has to go to the bathroom. She's doing really good with that as well. She knows where her pee pads are, and always goes to them. When we take her outside, she goes to the same spot and does her business.

Gimmieyopants hooked me up with some leash training tips that worked 100%, but unfortunately she's sick now so I'm letting her rest.

She doesn't really bug out for human food, and is used to being in her cage when we eat. I'm definitely going to watch what we put in this dog. Veggies are fine, I'm sure, but I won't put anything that I don't feel is natural or healthy in her stomach.

So she's caged trained, leash training is going good, potty training seems on point, and she's really friendly with everyone. Overall, I couldn't ask for a better puppy. It's only been a few days, but I've been babysitting her the whole time, and I've already grown really attached to her. Seeing her sick is actually killing me, but the vet said she's just got a cold and it will clear up. She might have kennel cough, and that could last as long as a month or more. So they told us to give her these small shots of Robitussin in the mouth once a day, and come back in 7 days for a check up. She also got antibiotics as well.

So yeah, that's the update.

they do love the crate indeed.. counterintuitive but seems so.

we have a buncha nicknames for our dogs, i'm sure in time you will too..

i used to feel weird disciplining Sweetie but you get used to yelling it out haha

We call her "bug" for short which works for me.

As for not getting her fixed, we are going to do so. We didn't get her to bread, but if we did, we'd be golden. She's got 4 champion dogs in her bloodline.

I had to bring her back to the vets because she wasn't eating and was crazy lethargic. So they said her temp went up and gave her an IV solution to help her out. I just got home and she ate her food like a horse, took a dump and a pee, and is now chilling in the AC room in her cage. They said it will take a few days for the antibiotics to work, so we have to keep tabs on her.

Thank god I'm unemployed right now!

Dogs 101 on The Animal Planet?

The puppies were so cute, and once they said they were lazy, didn't need much space, and loved to be companions, we knew they were the dog for us. If you're thinking about getting one for real, I recommend it. I've never been a dog person, but this pup has converted me.

Dogs 101 on The Animal Planet?

The puppies were so cute, and once they said they were lazy, didn't need much space, and loved to be companions, we knew they were the dog for us. If you're thinking about getting one for real, I recommend it. I've never been a dog person, but this pup has converted me.

the fact that they were lazy, didn't need much exercise, space, and liked to hang out...is what sold me.

we're seriously contemplating it. i love dogs. all of them. we just haven't been able to get one since we're in an apartment, but the frenchie would be perfect.

Milky G's --I'd definitely say go with the Frenchie. You can always play with Suki's pugs, and Frenchies do have slight pug features, but with a smaller bulldog frame --oh, and bat ears. My ladyfriend has been researching them for the past two months. She was also saving money (that I didn't know about), and all of a sudden she's sitting on a baby grand and ready to get a dog. They aren't the cheapest dog, so make sure you're ready to drop between 2 and 3 g's on things. We got ours at a pet store, but we really wanted to go through a good breeder. I'd recommend googling up some local breeders in your area, and checking them out. You can also find sites where people rate and talk about shops/vets/breeders/etc. We almost went to one in Brooklyn, but when we read the results, it was bad. So try and research where you're getting yours. Also research the different breeds of frenchies. The one I posted above has a small english bull dog like body, where as mine has a boston terrier build.

I think I found the episode we both saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KIqlISk9Y

The best advice i got was get the dog a mat, or bed for inside.

If he is naughty smack him and put him on the mat. DON'T ever hit him on the mat though, so he knows he is safe there.

This was particularly good when toilet training our dog because when he would piss on the floor he would run straight to the mat so we knew he had done something bad.

Eventually he learnt if he didn't piss on the floor then he wouldn't get yelled at, and his 'naughty' mat is now a 'reward' mat so if he goes out and pisses in the garden he will come back inside and sit on the mat with a big smile.

It's really very cute.

Jesper rockin' out on his mat after probably pissing on the lawn.

DSCN0043.jpg