12oz Dog Lovers Society --help a brother out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my family is all about english bulldogs, had em since i was born. make sure you clean in the face folds and the fold by the tail/ clean ears. that shit can get infected. and someone said it earlier but make sure you have a nice cool place for him. bulldogs cant fuck with heat. your best bet is to go buy a book all about taking care of french bulldogs. have fun man. bulldogs are great animals.

when it comes to food and treats, are there any brands we should stay away from? i know some are cheaper and unhealthier for the dog. we need to find her some treats that are soft, but healthy, so any recommendations would help.

rawhide bones are no nos for any type of bulldogs, they have such small throats and rawhide breaks apart so big. if i were you id get her some huge pig ears. she'll tear that shit up (and not your couch)

I would essentially avoid people food although some might argue this. My last dog never got people food, I could leave a burger on the coffee table and he would walk by, sniff, and keep going. If you do give them, slip into the bowl on the DL, never from the counter/table.

I'm not a fan of rawhide, greenies, or any of that shit, real bad on the stomach, but my breed has a sensitive stomach and is subject to kidney stones.

Crate training = a +. Didn't do it with the last dog, he turned out all right. Did it with the current dog and I can see a difference though.

And pee pads in the house? No way, not a fan of letting the dog know they can go in the house even if it's on paper or whatever. As soon as you see the dog start to go, pick it up and tell it no! Then take it outside right away and congratulate as soon as they go outside. The last dog was smart as hell, he learned to grab his leash as soon as he needed to go just from that practice alone.

Good luck, nice looking dog.

I lived with a retard Min Pin (the reason I moved out those fuckers are retarded) but the cool thing is it would do this!

French Bulldogs are super snorty and farty and chill. Just like having a boyfriend..

You'll be okay

My sisters golden doodle does this

So here she is:

3540267896_d010e63959.jpg

Last night she kept farting (I think it's the treats we're giving her), and I was psyched. Now I have some competition around the house. I can drop ass and just blame it on the dog. Oh, she also snores, which is hilarious. I went out to get a beer last night, and she was snoring in her cage. My girl always complains about my snoring, so it's like this dog is perfect for me. It farts, snores, now I just need to train it to make fun of people and drink beer.

We're both psyched with the decision we made. She really is a great little pup all around.

Such a good little babe!

They also have excellent senses of humor. Trust me, I know it sounds weird, but they will look to you when shit goes down for reactions and you can see in their little face how they feel.

This descriptions sounds just like boyfriend. Love it.

yeah, the 5 months does help, but she's still a baby. even with humans, during the baby stage, they are like retarded midgets. so she's pretty much like that right now. like i said, i've never had a dog in my whole life, so this is a new experience. i keep catching myself talking to her like a baby, and having a real life "no/homo" minute. it's kind of funny.

when she runs though, it's hilarious because her ears go back and her head shakes while she loses control of her body.

i now see why dog people are such a prideful bunch.

we almost got a pug. we found one at this pet store, and it stayed here for over a week. so we went in, played with it, and were thinking of buying it. then my girlfriend found this pet store a few blocks from her work, and that's where we found our puppy. she's still teething (i think), so we gave her one of those soft nurabones or whatever they're called. We also got her a few soft ones.

It depends on the kind of pit, and where you get it from. If you want a pit that comes from the hood, and was breed shittily and was brought up poorly, probably around 200-400.

If you're looking for a pit to add to your breeding program, you can spend anything. I've seen a couple puppies go for $6,000. So it all depends. One thing I tell people is that choosing temperment over looks will definitely benefit you in the long run.

how much do pits run for?

there are so many fuckin pit bulls out there, there is no need to buy one when you can adopt one for free (or close to free) in most cities.

if you're just asking for curiosity sake, i've seen em anywhere from a couple hundred to a few thousand dollars.

unless you wanna sleep with your dogs every night, make them sleep in their own.

shumai owns the bed now. it's more like she lets me sleep in her bed every night.

socialize her asap with other dogs and people.

start using a teaspoon of flaxseed oil in their food every morning, it does miracles for their skin and hair.