Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{OneSevenNine.com}

What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just finished reading "Shadow of the Wind" I highly recommend it if you enjoy reading novels that have a lot mystery and a bit of romance. Started of a bit slow like most books but halfway through i couldn't put this book down.

The-Shadow-of-the-Wind-by-Carlos-Ruiz-Zafon.jpg

Neil Gaiman is one of the handful of writers who has made comics respectable over the past several decades.

from that link.

i love gaimans work, but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? there are hundreds of comic writers and artists that have developed and pushed the integrity of comic content and its future.

thanks for the link though.

You're right but I paid zero attention to the blurb. I'm gonna see if I can rip the sound from the 'graveyeard' videos so I can take him to bed with me.

This is a winner. A bit dense, but in my opinion that's due more to tiny print than content...

Under_the_Loving_4b9ae602ecc52.jpg

These Last Two Are Gonna Be Real Turds,' George R.R. Martin Assures Fans

SANTA FE, NM—In the wake of last year's highly successful publication of the fifth installment in his A Song Of Ice And Fire series, author George R.R. Martin assured fans Tuesday the final two books in the fantasy saga would be "complete turds." "For starters, there'll be no mention of the dragons at all, because I'm pretty much sick of writing about dragons at this point," said Martin, who added he would also be introducing an entirely new storyline set on a completely different continent and featuring a cast of at least 50 new characters all vying for the same throne. "And I'm going to take even longer to write these last two, at least a decade each. Who knows if I'll even be alive to finish them? Who cares? My son knows how to spell most of the characters' names, so maybe I'll let him wrap the whole thing up." Martin said that while he didn't want to give too much away, he was certainly going to kill off Tyrion and never resurrect him, because "that fucking dwarf" was annoying the shit out of him

Stand%20on%20Zanzibar%20cover%202.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298773977574

About half-way through, so far really fucking good. This is the kind of sci-fi I love to read, written in 1968(?), set in 2010, this guy was dead on with a lot of his future dystopian predictions.

We're living in the future br0's.

magician.jpg

raymond feist's riftwar saga.

one of my favorites, its a lot less dense than robert jordan or george martin, but holds the same amount of adventure. /no homo or something. his other series are okay, but this one is great.

reading this right now. 7 chapters in. easy and extremely entertaining read. it makes me feel good reading it... and no one i care about has died yet.

edit: thanks for the recommendation fist.

cool man, glad you like it.

another great thing about that series is that its already completed so there's no waiting for years between books.

9780007257546.jpg

started this tonight. it reads a lot more like a kids story than his other stuff does, but has the same element of adventure and spirit to it. very enjoyable so far.

Picked up Alexander Masiik's You Deserve Nothing

Well, I picked up a book by a guy who wrote a fictional story bout a Parisian teacher that fucked an underage student.

Well, I picked up a book by a guy from Iowa that wrote a non fictional story bout him fucking an underage student.

Shiiiiiiiiiiii...did not know

One-Hundred-Years-of-Solitude-Marquez-Gabriel-9780060883287.jpg

Don't know whether I should read "Love in the time of cholera" next, I'm thinking it could burn me out on his style. I'm 200 pages deep in this one and really enjoying it.

O and apparently it was selected for Oprah's book club.....Yeah, I still think it's quite good.