What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Good thing you clarified that you weren't going to pay for that book.

A thread all about reading books would definitely crucify you for buying a book.

really phat how u asked 4 da unabrdiged version u must be one of dem inteligent thugz

Why the fuck would you buy a book from barnes and noble instead of a bookstore in the first place? Thats like walking past the guy busting his ass to make a living making badass food in his foodtruck on the way into mcdonalds. To pay more for the same product. :rolleyes:

i dont really buy books from big book stores either...i just get them at the public library book sales or thrift stores...most are fairly new condition and cost anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00.

i did get 2 books from borders a few years ago, but thats cause my ex got me a gift card from there.

with the crossing--have you read all the pretty horses already? it will make a big difference in your perception of it.

i don't know that its necessary, but might be.

i havent, but im going to before i read the crossing, not sure why i grabbed it first, ha.. just finished the Road this morning, onto the Border trilogy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up Philosophy of Physics: Space and Time by Timothy Maudlin. Excited to get into it over the next few weeks, always been a fan of that sect of contemporary philosophy.

In honor of Halloween, I implore people to look up Algernon Blackwood, I prefer his short stories to the novels but most of his stuff can be found online for free on public record-type sites.

• 2 weeks later...

just finished this up today:

9780440222286.zoom.1.jpg

the narrative of the life of frederick douglass

(150th anniversary edition)

bought it at the thrift store for $1.50.

i also bought life of pi at the thrift store for $1.50 last month...just found out that the movie comes out in about 3 weeks, so im going to start it tonight to finish it before seeing it in theaters...heres the trailer for the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thelifeofpimovie?v=mX2HBsHbNZM

ok...im a little over 100 pages into life of pi and i can see exactly what you guys talking about..Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism all in one book...I don't mind it though, because I think they are trying to show the similarities of the three religions while showing how the clergy of the religions fail to see the similarities and focus on bickering over the differences like little children.