What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

some of my favorite books have made her club. i hate when the sticker is printed on the cover though... heh. book shelf vanity.

it doesn't make them bad or girlie in any way. shit, cormac mccarthy's 'the road' made the club.

100 years of solitude is an incredible book, period, would recommend to everyone.

some of my favorite books have made her club. i hate when the sticker is printed on the cover though... heh. book shelf vanity.

it doesn't make them bad or girlie in any way. shit, cormac mccarthy's 'the road' made the club.

100 years of solitude is an incredible book, period, would recommend to everyone.

will add to check list. thnx br0.

and mr. camus, murakami is that dude..

still no feedback on H.D.T.? you guys ever read any of that?

The Unlikely Voyage of Jack de Crow

A.J. Mackinnon

Truly hilarious books are rare. Even rarer are those based on real events. Join AJ Mackinnon, your charming and eccentric guide, on an amazing voyage in a boat called Jack de Crow. Equipped with his cheerful optimism and a pith helmet, this Australian Odysseus in a dinghy travels from the borders of North Wales to the Black Sea - 4,900 kilometres over salt and fresh water, under sail, at the oars, or at the end of a tow-rope - through twelve countries, 282 locks and numerous trials and adventures, including an encounter with Balkan pirates.

Along the way he experiences the kindness of strangers, gets very lost, and perfects the art of slow travel.

the-unlikely-voyage-of-jack-de-crow.jpg

this book is good but he prattles on about poetry a bit so there was little bit of skimming when he quotes keats etc

and on the strength of that book I also read

The Well at the World’s End

A.J. Mackinnon

When A.J. Mackinnon quits his job in Australia, he knows only that he longs to travel to the Well at the World’s End, a mysterious pool on a remote Scottish island whose waters, legend has it, hold the secret to eternal youth.

Determined not to fly (‘It would feel like cheating’), he sets out with a rucksack, some fireworks and a map of the world and trusts chance to take care of the rest. By land and by sea, by train, truck, horse and yacht, he makes his way across the globe – and through a series of hilarious adventures. He survives a bus crash in Australia, marries a princess in Laos, is attacked by Komodo dragons and does time in a Chinese jail. The next lift – or the next near-miss – is always just a happy accident away.

This is the astonishing true story of a remarkable voyage, an old-fashioned quest by a modern-day adventurer.

the-well-at-the-worlds-end.jpg

this one I thought was also pretty good - he does some amazing stuff like swim across the border into china and then get deported as well as blagging his way around the world on frieghters etc.

Both of these are pretty good but possibly not to everyone's taste.

really into travel books as anybody who has read my contributions to the thread will know. Currently my aunt keeps buying me more travel books for christmas so the next one up is:

515166QfxKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

100 years of solitude

and norwegian wood

were books i really enjoyed

awesome to get a sense of the japanese culture at that time as well.

just finished

41911-list.jpg_full_600.jpg

really liked the non-linear story

the way you find out how things eventually end up

the commentary on how time affects things .. what time does to people

now

unbroken.png