What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a small collection of actual bookmarks from bookstores I've visited around the country.

But I like to leave whatever I use as a bookmark in the book when it goes back on the shelf. Sometimes that's a movie or a concert ticket, a liquor store receipt, a photo, a sticker, or an actual made/printed bookmark.

• Like 4
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, Fist 666 said:

I have a small collection of actual bookmarks from bookstores I've visited around the country.

But I like to leave whatever I use as a bookmark in the book when it goes back on the shelf. Sometimes that's a movie or a concert ticket, a liquor store receipt, a photo, a sticker, or an actual made/printed bookmark.

Same. If i can snag bookmarks from the stores i’ve visited i do, otherwise it’s been stickers or tickets mostly.

Once used my friends “save the date” for his wedding and completely forgot about it because i got sidetracked from that particular book, haha. Still made it to the wedding though. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

It's the ADD - I cant keep track of bookmarks. 

Sometimes I even fold the upper or lower half into a triangle to remember where I left off on the page. 

Not with nice hardcover books - but paperbacks for sure. They like my bottom bitch in the book game. 

On 3/27/2024 at 11:18 AM, abrasivesaint said:

Haven’t started reading any of these, but they came in the mail from a nice little 70% off sale because they were “dinged”. 

One collector's 'dinged' is another reader's score!

• Props 1

On 2/22/2024 at 6:03 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

It’s great. Already have a lot of stuff underlined and pages dog eared to come back to. 

I have a photo of a couple

IMG_6841.thumb.jpeg.97cafae65ee26a7d098dd5f7c4d1aa35.jpeg

Post-It notes are great for keeping notes and page place, but that's just the way I do it

The Untested from Greg Morse

Fiction

image.jpeg.88a1a4e17779564370065534aea50220.jpeg

Attorney and Prosecutor frames of mind. Mafia scenarios and violence. Courtroom trial time. And the personality of Cesar the slobbery bulldog.

A young attorney brought in to assist on a Big defense case then twists ensue 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:17 AM, CALIgula said:

A little off topic, but what are you guys using as book marks? 

Main one is a ticket stub from a chargers game back in the day

side one is one is a freebie from Powell books

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 12:17 AM, CALIgula said:

A little off topic, but what are you guys using as book marks? 

Model kit box art. The best ones are cut so there is a top end and bottom end. Top end indicates what page I'm on and the level which the mark is placed is the line on the page I'm at. 

image.jpeg.cd9ff27bb6cc535557490a64a9bbf062.jpeg

image.jpeg.42c6af050efcc6fa036312ee771ab7ab.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Props 1

20 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

The one in Portland? I had a couple of those but lost them..i heard powells closed

Yeah from Portland. Damn that would be fuckin weak. Last time I was there they had one in the airport too. 

• Truth 1