What book are you reading? Part 20

some spoken word is cool though...there was a spoken word group at my college that used to put on free events the first tuesday of every month...it was cool...i was blown away by the short little nerdy asian girl when she spoke some real shit...i wasnt expecting it but she delivered.

this guys spoken word is pretty dope:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah i've always contemplated buying Hitman every time i'm in Stop & Shop. Thinking I'm going to stop in buy some food and pick that up tomorrow.It's funny around my area (Mass) thats all they have at Stop and Shop book section is books about White Bulger, and his crew, such as John "shae" Red " the one who didn't rat", and all other books about Whitey and his FBI friend, as well as Hitman.

I read "All Souls" a few years ago and it totally burnt me on books about Whitey/Southie/whatever. The image that's portrayed is nothing that you actually see. Anyone who is proud of being third generation Old Colony is a fucking dirt bag and all of the yuppies that pay absurd amounts of money to live among the dirt bags are even worse.

Just to make my useless ranting somewhat on topic, has anyone read "Infinite Jest?" Worth the time investment or not?

whos got a good cross country road trip book suggestion??(not kerouacs "on the road" type of shit) but more places, or routes, interesting shit to see along the way type thing. i can't seem to sift through the google reviews properly to find a solid one.

5189358287_7bdd77bea2.jpg

decided to read this shit anyways lol. i'd tried a couple years back after finishing the subterraneans but couldn't/didn't feel like getting into it. to much surprise. i'm loving this shit right now.

read this right before. homie put me on. first bout in the sci-fi realm. really dug it a lot though.

the-stars-my-destination.jpg?w=700

skagboys-LST092913.jpg

like all really successful people Irvine welsh is doing a prequel.

it's shaping up well - I'm rationing it to only 25 pages a sitting because I could sit and read it cover to cover. - big fan of some of Irvine welsh. Other books of his (Filth) I can't get into.

review here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/9200314/Skagboys-by-Irvine-Welsh-review.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
skagboys-LST092913.jpg

like all really successful people Irvine welsh is doing a prequel.

it's shaping up well - I'm rationing it to only 25 pages a sitting because I could sit and read it cover to cover. - big fan of some of Irvine welsh. Other books of his (Filth) I can't get into.

review here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/9200314/Skagboys-by-Irvine-Welsh-review.html

This guy is my favorite. I didn't realize this one came out yet. Must go get.

I just finished game of thrones, and I read Looking for Alaska, recommended by a friend. Meh, kinda teen young adultish for me.

I also read the chuck palaniuk books recently, all of them.