What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
do you guys try to read a series at a time or something relavent to your last book, slow transition to other genres? or just whatever sounds good.

I get hooked on genre/subject and go a little crazy with it. I've been teaching enviro lit stuff for a while now so it's always something I'm into and working with in some way. I always seem to read something and then go into another that was either "influential" to that book/author or referenced in the text I just read. Still, as an english prof. I'm reading a bunch of shit at the same time...

About a quarter of the way through. Really good so far, but a lot of ridiculous vocabulary in parts, similar to Blood Meridian.

it eases up.

the first 20 or so pages had more words than i know, then the rest of the book was just pure awesome.

if you're actually reading that copy of the book i want it. (i highly doubt you are, but if by chance i will pay you well for it)

it eases up.

the first 20 or so pages had more words than i know, then the rest of the book was just pure awesome.

if you're actually reading that copy of the book i want it. (i highly doubt you are, but if by chance i will pay you well for it)

Yeah, overall an easier read than Blood Meridian, i would say. The first two chapters were brutal though. And no, I'm reading it on my kindle, so no such luck.

2nd time through

9780714840451.jpg

Louis I Kahn exercised a great influence on latter 20th-century world architecture. This monograph focuses on his major designs - the Yale Art Gallery in Connecticut, the Salk Institute, California - as well as a number of unfinished projects, in order to understand his work and philosophy.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, overall an easier read than Blood Meridian, i would say. The first two chapters were brutal though. And no, I'm reading it on my kindle, so no such luck.

i forgot to recommend this to you: http://www.mediafire.com/?ojz1hu2t3da

its ben nichols of lucero and a bunch of songs based on characters from blood meridian.

corral-de-tierra.jpg

this book exemplifies steinbeck's incredible ability to create intriguing characters and places.

very much recommended.

• Like 1

Finally got an iPad. Bought a bunch of books on there on the Kindle App.

Currently reading this:

Murder_rap.jpg

The author is a retired LAPD officer that was tasked with solving the Notorious BIG murder. He essentially implicates who was behind both murders. It's not really surprising to me who it was, but I'm more interested as to how he arrived at the evidence, which he goes into detail about.