What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Looks interesting.

All right booknerds.

I'm on a WWII/Holocaust kick. Going through a lot of books about the occupation of Poland and the Vichy government in France.

Any recommendations as to books about those topics or other pertaining to that stuff would be much appreciated.

I recently finished Inside The Third Reich by Albert Speer. Albert Speer was an architect that completed several projects for Hitler, and was witness to Hitler while outside of the public eye.

Extremely interesting read. Highly Recommended.

It's actually posted on this page.

edit - obviously doesn't really apply to the occupation of poland, but still. read it.

• Like 1

Well, it is very pointed. It isn't particularly dense.

German culture, as I've been exposed to it, is generally stiff and non-emotional. This book is written in the same tone I would expect one of the members of my family(all from Germany) to write a book. I'm not sure if this description works for you, but this is the best I can do.

^ Looks interesting.

All right booknerds.

I'm on a WWII/Holocaust kick. Going through a lot of books about the occupation of Poland and the Vichy government in France.

Any recommendations as to books about those topics or other pertaining to that stuff would be much appreciated.

tons of books on this topic.

some that stick out are night by elie wiesel...also hiroshima by john hersey..also a post WW2 book was a day in the life of ivan denisovich.also if youre on a world war 3 kick theres on the beach by nevil shute (all required reading in an AP english class i was in back in high school)

even though i havent read maus 1,2, or 3 yet, they are comic books about ww2 (pre- and during the war)

i've seen a bunch in my local library as well!...too many books, not enough time!!!:)

i was watching Battle for Haditha

the other night. i turned it off halfway through

i think i'm done with war for the time being

anyway, enjoyed Norwegian Wood last week..

going through Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the edge of the World now. good stuff. easy read

I hope that I don't come off sounding like a total idiot but I wasnt really into reading books growing up...I would read other stuff like comics, newspapers, magazines...

Im not going to lie, I watch a shit load of TV but I noticed that there are only a few shows that I actually follow and I DVR those to fast forward through the bullshit...

The other night I realized just how much I aimlessly channel/web surf and decided to do something a little more productive...

I picked up an old copy of Ernest Hemingway's For Whom The Bell Tolls...So glad that I did.

^^looks interesting. on the topic of reading making you look like an idiot.

that just doesn't make any sense br0. not giving any fucks about it forever

and choosing the tube does, however. less of course that tube is being used

for great films then it's a different story. i myself was a heavy avid reader as a kid

and early teens. kind quit reading for fun through all of college or lack there of though.

in the past couple years i've gotten back on track though. making the best of it now for sure.

read a bunch this year. hope to double it next.

• Like 1

Word fellas, Just felt weird coming to the realization that Ive never really been a big reader...Having a touch of the ADD as a kid didnt help much either.

SystemFailure got it right, school didn't teach me to read for pleasure...it was always a task/chore. You weren't doing it right unless you were reading mad books.

Boxcars, Im making a commitment to stick to it...Going to look for the Nov York books next...I figure drugs, graff, and girls will definitely keep me interested.

But yo, actually keeping tabs on how much time I waste on the web and TV really opened my eyes...Ive even been slacking on the sketchbook...Definitely a wake up call for this nurrga.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg