What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Fiendish, how is that Pride and Prejusice and Zombies, I saw it in the window of Waterstones and was intigued but was with my son and needed to get home so couldn't have a look at it

Literally just brought and started reading it today, seems OK so far... Read some pretty shitty reviews on it, but thought I'd give it a chance! I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I'm a sucker for a zombie book...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I just started.

Barely past the Great Dane house fiasco.

So far I am going on his wit, but I agree the story has not engaged me yet.

We'll see what happens.

After reading Galapagos followed by Douglas Adams and then back to Vonnegut, I find their writings similar. I think they would have gotten along fabulously.

I ended up finishing it last night. Over all I enjoyed it and it certainly fits into the category of "deceptively simple". I was unfamiliar with Vonnegut so I don't think I read into it as much as I should have. I'll add it to the list of rereads. Props for bringing it up and in turn having me reconsider it. I'll close out with some words from Bokonon,

Tiger got to hunt,

Bird got to fly;

Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,

Bird got to land;

Man got to tell himself he understand.

I adore Murakami. I have been reading his short stories. Someone on here hooked me up with a collection of them, pm me if you would like me to email you them.

There was a movie made from a Murakami story called All Gods Childrens Can Dance. I started watching it. I am at a bar trying to download Crowded House to this new fancy jukebox. I will post link when I get home. Whatever happened to the good ole coin ones? Sigh...

Hoss, officially amused and happy with Cat's Cradle. I saw a documentary on the atomic bomb from survivors recently. It was amazing. I will ask Handsome for the link and post it when I escape from here!

I'd be interested to check out that doc Santana. Cat's definitely unfolded in a way I hadn't expected but very much enjoyed.

As far as Murakami, I feel you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't enjoy his work. I've read a great deal of his books and short stories. Wind up bird is certainly at the top of the list. One thing that stands out and makes me such a fan, is his protagonists. I find myself relating to them on a level so simple yet ever lacking in contemporary fiction.

I just restarted on Mccarthys The Crossing. Awhile back I made it a point to read the entire border trilogy but got sidetracked. Along with Murakami, Mccarthy is another author who has never left me disappointed.