What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

@Ko SprueOne my ADD is hella bad and if there is too much going on around me I literally have a sidebar of thoughts running through my mind as I read.

Night time tends to be the best because I am tired but unfortunately that also means it takes me a long time to finish books. 

I like to read with background music that isn't lyric heavy, helps keep me on track 

19 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@metronome wool is in my to read stack. I don't really read a lot of fiction but it was highly recommended to me. Let me know how you like it. 

@fat ralphy I want to start carving out time to read at night again. I was chugging through books while I was out of work earlier in the year. It felt good. 

Wool has been a great page turner.  Good read, and a good friend of mine was on the production team for Silo.  I would recommend. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 5:04 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

Finished, The Eighth Day, Dianne K. Salerni. It is YA Fiction and I almost put it down but it was D&D enough to keep me interested. Also, interesting is that the author made an eighth day between Wednesday and Thursday which is also where Burma puts their eighth day. Actually they have two Wednesdays. The Wednesday after the regular Wednesday is a ‘dark’ Wednesday similar to how this story describes the eighth day as well 

Now starting a non fiction, Lexicon Devil, The Fast Times and Short Life of Darby Crash and The Germs. By Brendan Mullen with Don Bolles and Adam Parfrey.

Lexicon-Devil.thumb.jpg.ba5655ae88f876efc13516f0b263fb03.jpg

Finished Lexicon Devil. 

Filled in and supported a lot of names, places, and times that I've always heard about but now confirmed and in perspective. Reads like a fckin novela, lots of gossip. I guess that's what a biography is tho. Someone and others writing [talking] about someone else. 

Reading pattern of: fiction-nonfiction-fiction-nonfiction

Now starting, The Texas - Israeli War = 1999. 

The-Texas-Israeli-War-1999.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CALIgula said:

Nice... we read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich in high school. 

I’ve been reading it on my lunch breaks at work.  Really like his writing style and it’s easy to get through, but the subject matter is so dark I need to take it in kinda small doses. Shits so unbelievably fuckinh bleak. So tragic so many people actually lived through that. That being said, I am really enjoying the book. 

• Like 2

David Thibodeau's view is pretty heavily Koresh biased, as you'd expect.  Some nice insights though that came from the inside.  I read Gary Noesner's book a few years ago (one of the FBI negotiators at Mt Carmel).  Koresh was a giant piece of shit for several reasons but what the agencies did to those people is fucked.  @Ko SprueOne

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

I’ve climbed or climbed up and snowboarded down a lot of these from Lassen up to Baker so it’s really cool to read up on how they form etc. biggest takeaway is that at some point one of these baddies is going to wake up again and wipeout a big chunk of something between NorCal and Canada. 
IMG_1974.thumb.jpeg.095763c97df5f4934f100cbaf92a7bf5.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finished reading it last night.  I read her book The Goldfinch years ago without really knowing who she was, and then a little while ago I listened to a podcast series about Bennington College and a bunch of the young writers that came out of that graduating class so I decided to give this one a shot.  Really good, like, really really good.  One of those things where she wrote a 10/10 on her first go and was never able to recapture it in her later stuff.  A lot of the characters are loosely based around people she went to school with and I found that interesting.  @Dark_Knight

• Props 1