Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{OneSevenNine.com}

What book are you reading? Part 20

Interesting to see how varied the responses have been. Feel like I’ve been in a rut regarding my book reading lately. Am I the only one that seems to fall into a cycle of a few great books in a row followed by a few you just never seem to be able to get into?

Is embedding images not working for some reason?

regardless, I put the link up.

6 hours ago, CALIgula said:

^glad you got around to reading it.

Long walk to freedom, long read to an ending!

8 hours ago, CALIgula said:

^glad you got around to reading it.

i'm taking a break from autobiographies...just finished reading this one last night:

The Power of Habit

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1366758683l/12609433.jpg

12609433.jpg

Ive disabled image embeds. Too many complaints from other sites and too many broken images. But going to look into an option for it. For now we have huge attachment space for members and unlimited for VIP. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Ive disabled image embeds. Too many complaints from other sites and too many broken images. But going to look into an option for it. For now we have huge attachment space for members and unlimited for VIP. 

Is that why the animated gif I tried to drag & drop into another thread didn't play?

On 5/30/2018 at 8:15 PM, diggity said:

just catching up here after long time away. dont think ive every posted to book threads..

mostly fantasy shit. holler if you have any suggestions. i'm due for something new.

If you're into fantasy and you haven't read the Malazan series I suggest checking that out. 

Edited by metronome
Am a dumb.
  • Like 1

@metronomejust did a little research on it. looks like this is going to be a really deep dive.

I'll give it a shot though. I only made it through 6-7 of the wheel of time books. one day I'm going to try to pick that back up.

@misteraven- I found Zombie Road on Audiobook. 

I'll try starting it first.

Edited by diggity
  • Like 1

@diggityI read the entire WoT series on some serious sunken cost fallacy business. I don't know why I bothered, I think it sucked and even the Sanderson written books couldn't save it.  The Malazan series has some of the best world building I've encountered and the biggest criticism of it is that the author plunks you down into the middle of some stuff in book 1 so it's a little overwhelming at first but its worth getting past that.  

16 minutes ago, diggity said:

@misteraven- I found Zombie Road on Audiobook. 

I'll try starting it first.

Yeah, let me know if you get into it. We’ll start a book club group and discuss the literary nuance chapter by chapter. 

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now