one order of ACID TRIP please!

ocd_head

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SarpaSalpa_1402282c.jpg

Fish that triggers hallucinations found off British coast

A species of bream, sarpa salpa, which can trigger hallucinations when eaten, has been been discovered in British waters due to global warming.

Last Updated: 1:09PM BST 13 May 2009

The Sarpa salpa fish is a potentially hallucinogenic form of Bream normally found in off the coast of Africa

The species of bream is normally found in the balmier waters of the Mediterranean and South Africa, was found by fisherman Andy Giles in his nets in the English Channel.

Mr Giles, 38, caught the fish, which is instantly recognised by its gold stripes running along its body, six miles south of Polperro, Cornwall.

"We were trawling for lemon sole and hauled up the net at the end of the day and almost immediately saw this striped fish, we didn't have a clue what it was," he said.

"I had never seen one before and after taking a photograph of it I tried to look it up on the internet and called some friends to see if they knew what it was.

"I put it in the fish box and brought it back for experts to have a look at it.

"Now I realise what it was and the effects it can have, perhaps I should have taken it into town to sell to some clubbers!"

There have only been three previous recordings of sarpa salpa in British waters before, with one of them being off the Channel Islands in 1983.

James Wright, a senior biologist at the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth, said: "These are a fairly common fish off Tenerife, Malta and Cyprus but it is very rare to get them this far north.

"It could be a single fish that was shoaling with a different species but it could be that there are more of them in our waters."

Sarpa salpa are a popular dish in many Mediterranean restaurants.

But according to marine experts, certain species of plankton-eating fish, like the sarpa salpa, can give off hallucinogenic fish poisoning if the heads or other body parts are consumed.

The effects include vivid hallucinations within minutes of eating it which can last for days.

In 2006 two men, one aged 90, were hospitalised in the south of France after eating sarpa salpa.

The elderly man suffered from auditory hallucinations a couple of hours after eating the fish followed by a series of nightmares over the next two nights.

The younger man, aged 40, endured similar effects which took 36 hours to disappear.

My worst acid trip I ended up on the beach at night. I looked down as I was walking and to me the trampled sand looked like I was walking on body parts.

*Also I remember eating a peach and the parts without skin looked like it was made of orange worms all moving around.

Cue 'cool story bro'

only had a bad trip on shrooms, acid has always been a blast. tripping on acid in a packed house party drinking vodka striaght and doing the moonwalk while sweeping the kitchen floor with a broom, whenever theyre was room. that was fun.

My last trip was summer of 94.

At Disneyland ... took two tabs of white blotter. Way too much ... would have been better off with one.

Went bad for a while ... I was waiting on a show (

) ... So fucked out of my head that I was not the least bit in control of myself. To "hide" the fact I was about to piss my pants I decided to dump a cup of water down my front. Then dropped the cup on the ground.

Shortly followed by a sweeper who came right up and stared me in the eye while sweeping up said cup.

The rest of the night at the park was mellow.

The drive home got exciting ... another tripper with me (his first and only) got all tripped out and wanted to jump out of the truck bed we were riding in. After the struggle to keep him in the truck I noticed he hit me in the nose ... I start feeling my nose, tripping out myself I started screaming at him "You broke my fucking nose !!!" which of course was not true.

Still have fond memories of that shit ... but cant do it anymore.