Ay, ipod heads... need some advice

Gnarly Sheen

My 80gig ipod (that i fixed a while back) died recently. The battery drained all the way and i can't get it to boot back up without it being plugged into an a/c adapter and my usb does not give it enough power to boot in order to reset to my computer. Anyway, I had this problem a while back (i think i even made a thread a while ago on how to fix the issue) but now it's dead again. I've resorted to craigslist and am on the verge of buying another 80 gig for $100 with preexisting problems OR buying a perfectly fine 30 gig for $85.

The issue with the 80 is when the seller plugs it into his usb his computer will not read it and it only charges. I asked the dude if he tried to re-set it or anything and he said yeah but it didn't work. He took it to apple and they couldn't fix it because it was under warranty but told him it was an easy fix. I am considering buying it because i think i can resolve the issue by troubleshooting online.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone had any similar problems with their ipods and HAD resolved a similar issue. If so i would be prompted to buy the 80 gig and fix it rather then buying the 30 gig.

Any ideas?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, i actually looked into that rather then buying a new one. But i read just about every forum that poseted this issue and people said that it was not a battery issue because it would charge with an A/C... which mine did. I think it is a hard drive issue. I'm kinda over fucking with it and just want to buy a new one.

I'll pass on the zine thing for sure.

You can replace the battery real cheap and real easy, I replaced my 4th gen battery with one of those kits that way.

I'd link but I'm on my iPod, google it.

My dude, listen to this man

Fuck a zune, this is an easy fix... If you don't go iPod don't waste money on a zune when you can get a creative player

But really just get a new battery kit

You're not an idiot, I think you can handle it

But didn't you say it was under warantee?

my ipod randomly pauses when its playing music. is there any way to fix this?

Mine does that to for some reason when i just plug it in to the computer.

If it pauses, You can reset it by holding down the center button and the Menu Button, but make sure the ipod is unlocked.

a fix for that? idk.

My dude, listen to this man

Fuck a zune, this is an easy fix... If you don't go iPod don't waste money on a zune when you can get a creative player

But really just get a new battery kit

You're not an idiot, I think you can handle it

But didn't you say it was under warantee?

No, not under warrantee, wish it were......

Well that is the thing. I think it MIGHT be a battery problem, and i am 100% confident i can fix this with a new battery considering i've taken it apart and detached the battery 3 times hoping it would reset. I might just buy the 30 and call it over. In the near future, if i get bored i'll order a battery for fun and see if it works. It very well could be this, the only reason i am hesitant to bother with fixing it further is because of posts on numerous forums where people with the same issues have replaced the battery, hard drive, and had to essentially replace every fucking component in the ipod to make it work. Thus spending countless hours and wasted time when i could buy a newish ipod for somewhat of the same price.

I'm drunk and going to sleep. If you got the fix PM me. Thank god for spell check, this post was full of red lines.

but none the less, thanks for the input