WHAT SHOULD I DO?

nsmbfan

Should married roommates be counted as one person for rent?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, here's the problem.

I have two roommates, (guy n girl, they just got married). We're currently splitting the bills 3 ways right now (3 people = 3 ways). Lease is up, we're looking for a new place. New place is slightly more expensive but nicer. HOWEVAR....

Now because my roommates are married (joined as one in holy f*ckin union), at the new place we split the bills 2 WAYS - 50%/50%. Not 3 ways, but 2... me pay half, both of them pay other half. This is what they suggested to me. That since they "share everything" and I take up half the living area, I pay half they pay half.

Is this fair in your opinion? What would you do in this situation?

Your thoughts please....

Your roommates are trying to get over on you.

Tell them to fuck off with that shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 people, 3 ways...anything else would be highly cock-suckerish......

Unless, you had the master bedroom and a sweet garage that only you could use...

Didn't read past this because this is the answer. I might be moving into that situation next fall and they both said they will be splitting the bill with me three ways. Only if i get the finished basement to myself so I don't have to see them.

• Like 1

i guess my question is, why the fuck are you looking for a new placed with a newly married couple?

um.....i.... nope, i got nothing.

that sounds so bad when u say it like that outloud to yourself.

this has been eye opening to me, thanks you guys. never have I, so quickly, determined that what i am doing is a "sucker" move and i'm a "FAG" for "looking for a new place with a newly married couple".

we can bottle this self help program and fucking sell it you guys. start a whole new section of oontz, called "CHECK YOSELF NIGGA!"

lol^ was thinkin the same....

3ways.

or nothing at all.

everything i gotta say has been posted...

stupid for them to say oh jus cause were married were only going to pay half as 1.

what the fuck.

and

do you only room with this married couple cause they make good money? and live in nicer places than you would alone?

because thats really the only reason i can see myself or the logical way anybody would want to live with another couple ....married at that tops.

When people get married, they look for their own spot to live in peace together, usually.

Sometimes they go and stay at a parents house to avoid paying rent. Ask them why cant they find their own spot. In a way, they are still helping you out with a nicer home, but killing you with a higher bill.

If you have it 50/50, THEY are saving money and YOU are loosing Money.

Sure, at first it was just regular three people at a place, and now Your Roomates got married and are "together". There are STILL THREE PEOPLE in the building.

The best solution? Either get your own spot, or even BUY a house. The government will give you 8 thousand dollars for new house buyers.

Did u know that?

If you're splitting the rent two ways and it's a two bedroom place and the bills are split three ways, then even though it's not a great deal it's not totally unreasonable. But if they're trying to get you to pay half of the bills on top of the rent, then that's not going to fly.

Besides, they should be trying to get a place of their own...why are they trying to get you to move in with them? You guys got some kind of freaky love triangle going on that you're not telling us about?

Yeah, if it's a two bedroom, and they want to split the rent 50-50 because they're only using half of the bedrooms, I could maybe see that... but they should still be splitting the rest of the bills three ways. I got married last year, and I didn't start using less electricity or hot water afterwards.

Even with the rent, 50-50 isn't really fair. Since they're (presumably) sharing a bedroom, whereas you would have your own, it would be reasonable for each of them to pay a little bit less rent than you, like a 30%/30%/40% split or something.

If they disagree, you should find your own place, but before you move out you should start dropping subtle little comments that lead each of them to believe that you may be leaving because the other tried to get you to participate in a threesome.

I lived in a house with 3 of my boys before, obviously split 4 ways. After awhile me, and one of my other friends ahad our girls move in so it became 6 people. We still split the rent 4 ways. I think he made his girl pay half of his shit, but I never asked my girl for a dime and noone ever asked that anyone pay extra.

If you're sleepin in the same room, then why the fuck would you pay more? Fuck that shit

Because it's still that many more people using up your hot water, being in the bathroom when you need to piss, taking up fridge space with their leftovers, leaving dishes in your sink, etc. Your rent pays for more than just the room you sleep in.

Even if they're your friends, every additional person you bring into your home is making your living situation a little bit less comfortable.

I don't know man, it honestly never affected us in the least. If anything it improved the situation since the girls would clean and we never would. But that wasn;t the point, we just did whatever made us happy. Even Manute lived here for awhile and noone said anything.

I feel like me and my friends are prolly alot more close/understanding of eachother's situations (no homo) than most roommates though

um.....i.... nope, i got nothing.

that sounds so bad when u say it like that outloud to yourself.

this has been eye opening to me, thanks you guys. never have I, so quickly, determined that what i am doing is a "sucker" move and i'm a "FAG" for "looking for a new place with a newly married couple".

we can bottle this self help program and fucking sell it you guys. start a whole new section of oontz, called "CHECK YOSELF NIGGA!"

yo this kid has a proper attitude and a good new outlook on life

Props to you

• Like 1

I know what you mean-- I lived with some of my boys for a few years, including about six months where my girlfriend was also staying with us, and we were all super close. In fact, I moved out of that house seven years ago, and we're still all really good friends. We also had crew who would stay with us for weeks at a time, everyone's girls staying over, etc, and shit was mostly gravy. And it's true... adding a girl into the mix with a house full of dudes can definitely improve things as far as cleanliness, cooking, etc. But it's a safe bet that there are times that the other guys in that situation get annoyed by the extra roommates, even if they don't say anything.

One thing you learn as you get older is that someone can be one of your favorite people in the world, and you can still hate living with them.

One thing you learn as you get older is that someone can be one of your favorite people in the world, and you can still hate living with them.

This is the truth. I used to be best friends with my older sister, than we lived together. I left on really bad terms, and since then we've become cool again, but ashit will never be the same. Next, I lived with my best friend and KGP. KGP had to move out after a few months because he couldn't take us, and for awhile shit was all fucked up between us (although everything is good now). Then, the house with 4 of us popped off...of the oroginal 4 of us one is basically sentenced to death when we see him, one moved out peacefully (didn't like living with us), and me and my best friend once again live alone.

Me and him work good together (no homo), but I've found adding other people is lways a problem