WHAT SHOULD I DO?

nsmbfan

Should married roommates be counted as one person for rent?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, here's the problem.

I have two roommates, (guy n girl, they just got married). We're currently splitting the bills 3 ways right now (3 people = 3 ways). Lease is up, we're looking for a new place. New place is slightly more expensive but nicer. HOWEVAR....

Now because my roommates are married (joined as one in holy f*ckin union), at the new place we split the bills 2 WAYS - 50%/50%. Not 3 ways, but 2... me pay half, both of them pay other half. This is what they suggested to me. That since they "share everything" and I take up half the living area, I pay half they pay half.

Is this fair in your opinion? What would you do in this situation?

Your thoughts please....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have a couple of options here. first, i would sit down with them and explain how you feel, be 100 % honest. listen to what they have to say after you express your side.

imo, its not a fair take at all...there not really gonna be "splitting everything" together. youre getting fucked on the deal. split the bill two ways, and combine theirs with what they paid previously.

if their a no go on that, what dont you find youre own place? youre gonna probably be paying the same amount. plus, it might be hard to co-exist living with a married couple.

Have Boogie Hands make up the difference

This^^

I mean, your first and third option on the voting poll were basically the same kid.

BOOGIEHANDS THAT SHIT!!!!

Then make them pay a third, or tell them you'll be looking for new roomates. They're most definitely trying to fuck you. They aren't siamese twins, I am sure they are not always in the same rooms as eachother. Therefore they don't share everything.

they are trying to get over on you....im not hearing that they are "one" together or whatever

theres 3 people you split it 3 ways

but why would you wanna live with a married couple?

and especially a couple thats tryin to fuck you over to save a few bucks?

honestly they are probably tryin to get you to move out without saying it.

just find a cheap place for yourself.

• Like 1

no dice. rent isn't a room fee.

do they both use the same lights/appliances at exactly the same time?

do they straddle each other on the toilet when they have to shit?

don't do it. even if they agree to divide it by three, it's still going to be a super shitty situation for you. you'll be outvoted in every argument and live at the bottom of the house totem pole. fuck it.

Is this just for rent? Or utilities as well?

Rent is arguable, but if they think they are now consuming less water and electricity because they are married...

i can agree with this, and if anything them "being 1" should fall on his shoulders, and he should pull the slack. hes the married man now, after all.

they are trying to get over on you....im not hearing that they are "one" together or whatever

theres 3 people you split it 3 ways

but why would you wanna live with a married couple?

and especially a couple thats tryin to fuck you over to save a few bucks?

honestly they are probably tryin to get you to move out without saying it.

just find a cheap place for yourself.

my thoughts exactly bro, they want me out and this is their way of pushing me out. which is cool, cuz "why would you wanna live with a married couple?".... well, they were cool before they got married.... i used to have TWO roommates... something happened without me noticing.

so i put this poll up, mostly for comedy, cuz everyone knows that shit don't fly.

funny answers though. except for the raping one, that's a little disturbed. you need a hug.

yeah man...

it seems like kind of a buster ass move on his part.

if you're a dude who has a wife it seems like

you should handle biz so you can provide a spot

for just the two of you to live.

unless you have a ridiculous amount of extra room but even then

it's suspect.

As far as the rent thing....did they used to have separate bedrooms?

and now they share one bedroom?

if something like this happened...it makes their case a little stronger but

I would try to find some new roommates or get a cheap place for yourself if

you're able to.

good luck