Bonsai Trees

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 7 months later...

hit a few nurseries w my girl yesterday and while she was shopping for herbs i went wandering. both had banzai for sale! various sprouts for $7-$12 and some already established going for $40-$99. i think next time i have some spare dough im gonna try to get a lil $40 guy to try and grow.

when i got home i went on a youtube journey through a bunch of banzai dedicated channels and founf one where a guy in UK rescues old shrubs etc from demo sites and converts then to banzai. never knew that was possible... and looks real easy.

link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807_4oNX4HI

How to Create Azalea Bonsai from a Nursery plant: Part 1 Plant selection and Pruning.mp4

How to create an Azalea Bonsai Part 2 root pruning and potting.mp4

Azalea Bonsai Part 3 One Year later (Girad's Fuchsia).mp4

• 2 weeks later...

1st pruning done. Still not sure what style I'm gonna do. I'm gonna let it grow back a bit the rest of summer and take another look.

Probably gonna repot it and wire it up in the spring.

If I don't kill it .

IMG_20130703_171052.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonna try and get this thread moving again.

I've been reading a lot the last few years. Fucked around with a few junipers. Collected a manzanita and a redwood sapling from a research site my wife brought me to a few years ago. Nothing came about. It was ambitious and I wasn't ready. Both died.

I'm going to the Bay Island Bonsai show in Oakland this weekend. I'll take lots of photos of the exhibition and of the Oakland Bonsai Garden (which is stunning).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...