***Firearms/Rifles/Handguns SUPER_MEGA_THREAD***

ClueTwo

My homie in Georgia has a M-4 Carbine with two thirty round clips that he is selling for a stupid ass price, so ive offered to buy it.

Anyone know how to get this shipped out to cali? i know that i gotta ship it to a local gun store, and they gotta do the CA Legal fix.

ALso, do you know if the CA LEGAL version has both upper and lower reciever altered? my homie in GA said that i should rock two different recievers and interchange them when i need my gun to go from legal to awesome.

i know i could research this on the internet but im in a rush today and gotta run out, i will do more reading later.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lulck with all that because it pretty much just is not going to happen. The M-4 is a fully auto weapon which is pretty much banned across the country unless you have a class-3 tax stamp. Assuming you don't know much about the whole thing makes me believe you're basically up shit creek.

You could however, have him send the rifle, in an un-marked/pre-packaged case to your residence and never take it to a gun shop. Keep the awesome, subtract the FBI involvement... Just don't get caught with it..

one thing some of you need to know. a gun is a gun is a gun. .22 or whatever, you shoot to kill. you do not by any means shoot at the kneecaps (chances are you will miss unless the intruder or threat agrees to stand still for you).

you always aim for the bulk of the threat, which is the chest area. this is to stop the threat

and only stop the threat. you cannot use hollywood execution shots. for one, it's stupid.

secondly, you'll probably miss and when you pull a gun, you are pulling to kill. those precious seconds you lose trying to be a bad ass may mean your life.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

http://gunowners.org/

boom stick:

Mossberg-500-Tactical-01.jpg

Im amazed how popular this gun is. That thing's got a helluva kick to it. So fucking accurate tho. Those poor poor mailboxes.

beretta92fs.jpg

Not sure what im doing wrong with this thing. Cant seem to get it to shoot straight.

since when are shotguns accurate? especially one with an 18 in. barrel...

with the beretta, are you taking up the slack in the trigger and squeezing til it fires? you might be pulling or yanking the trigger, or maybe anticipating the shot. i have a 96 and i haven't had a problem hitting where i aim, as long as i'm not trying to shoot the wings off a fly..

I think my first gun will be a .22 pistol. I haven't nailed down which one yet but I think it will be affordable and fun to shoot. Any suggestions?

Also this is a video of an animation of a 1911 pistol's operation, sorry no audio, at least not on my computer.

I always thought the Beretta 92F's would be great guns but according to everyone I have talked to that has them they are junk. I guess its like everything other manufacturer of anything, youve got some good models and then one or two that are junk. If you really want it to work good, I'd send it out to Beretta to have them look at it, it may just need some small part or something obscure you are overlooking.

I think my first gun will be a .22 pistol. I haven't nailed down which one yet but I think it will be affordable and fun to shoot. Any suggestions?

Also this is a video of an animation of a 1911 pistol's operation, sorry no audio, at least not on my computer.

My vote goes to the ruger mark II. They are accurate, reliable, and you can get aftermarket upgrades. Usually between $280 and $350 I think.

RugerMarkIIMK512.jpg

Ruger_MK_II_with_TacSol_upper_and_Q.jpg

I always thought the Beretta 92F's would be great guns but according to everyone I have talked to that has them they are junk. I guess its like everything other manufacturer of anything, youve got some good models and then one or two that are junk. If you really want it to work good, I'd send it out to Beretta to have them look at it, it may just need some small part or something obscure you are overlooking.

It sucks when you end up with a lemon.. I've had my 96 for 10 years, and never had a malfunction. It has shot all the ammo I put in it (reloads, cheap target ammo, hollowpoints) with no problem. Same goes for my friend, who has had his 92 for about 12 years.

Good lulck with all that because it pretty much just is not going to happen. The M-4 is a fully auto weapon which is pretty much banned across the country unless you have a class-3 tax stamp. Assuming you don't know much about the whole thing makes me believe you're basically up shit creek.

You could however, have him send the rifle, in an un-marked/pre-packaged case to your residence and never take it to a gun shop. Keep the awesome, subtract the FBI involvement... Just don't get caught with it..

yea i figured the only way to really get it would be for him to illegaly transfer it to me which could be hot.

i might be able to drive all the way out there and just smuggle it back in my trunk.

the only thing, i really want to shoot this at the range, but i know they will call the cops if i show up with a 30 round unfixed magazine.

could i buy a CA legal Reciever and swap out them recievers when i want to take it to range?

You should be able to buy a CA legal lower and be able to shoot it at the range, but do not quote me. You should talk to your local gun shop and see what they know. Also, here in Arizona we have a state published book with every single gun law and explaination. I would assume California should also have something similar to this at all the gun shops.

Showing up to the state sponsored firing range with a fully auto weapon will definitely land you a set of handcuffs. I've seen some pretty amazing things shipped across country, and if it were me I would have it shipped disassembled to an address other than my residence....

I did some research on how i can get this done, and its fairly possible now that i have researched.

Basically, i need to have it transfered to a FFL and complete a DROS. Then i need to install either a bolt in the magazine well, or install a Bullet Button on the magazine release which requires a tool to detach.

Then i gotta install the parts kit and all that good stuff.

Or i can build my own by starting with an off-list lower receiver and buy all the parts seperately.

Maybe i will buy an offlist receiver and make that CA legal, and then just swap it out with the unmodified receiver.

Although i read that you can relatively easily uninstall the magazine locks and convert the AR 15 to a assault weapon when you go out of state and the laws arent as gay.

Some of you guys seem to prefer these sub-compact pocket guns. My dad paid almost $500 for a Seecamp .32 that needs to have the recoil spring and some other super tiny part replaced every 100 rounds or so. Granted, it was designed for highly concealable defense and not to be shot regularly. They are nice for super super concealability but other than that, I don't get it. 9mm is widely regarded as the minimal caliber for defense. .380, .32, .25, come on. I know shot placement is important, but those rounds are weak as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...