Travel Papers in the U.S.?

ink face

i just walked into the room and heard the tail end of a commercial talking about some kind of travel

papers becoming essential to travel in the US, was just wondering if any

one else had heard anything about this or knew about any details

of what this was about. or if anything about it is true.

sorry if its old news or an irrelevant topic, but was just curious about this.

discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I haven't heard about it. Then again, you need to have ID to board a plane or but an Amtrak ticket...I'm not sure about Greyhound.

My guess is this is probably tied to Real ID, which sort of never happened.

yea, this would suck dick but never catch unless we underwent some kind of oppressive rule.

ima be traveling out of the country this summer and im getting a passport, i plan on smashing the RFID chip inside or will that get me flagged as a terrorist?

yea, this would suck dick but never catch unless we underwent some kind of oppressive rule.

ima be traveling out of the country this summer and im getting a passport, i plan on smashing the RFID chip inside or will that get me flagged as a terrorist?

Some of my anarchist friends just microwave theirs for about 10 seconds. The antenna picks up the microwave radiation and it fries the electronics of the chip. They've all been in and out of the country several times with them so I assume it isn't a problem.

i believe the microwave technique can be proven by the feds that you willfully destroyed said RFID chip. supposedly the hammer technique is the best method. i dont have a passport, but im gonna need one sooner or later im sure.

it is a federal offense to willfully destroy the RFID chip in a passport. BUT... if they cant prove anything, they cant prove anything.

yeah, real ID passed, i think its supposed to start taking effect in 2012. not sure though. its supposed to be a gradual thing... most states have showed that they are super hesitant to comply. we'll see what happens. one day a defacto national ID card will come, and i wouldnt be surprised if you need one for out of state travel, driver license and to get on planes and amtrack trains in the not so distant future.

ohhh yea^

it actually happened a while back i think.

and almost every credit card has them too.

il just smash it so i can say i fell on it in a bike accident. i think they will only use it incase you didnt pass the metal detectors and are running around and they lost you and they can pinpoint your location somehow.

anyone ever tried making a fake passport? i wouldnt use one to get across the country but id use it at clubs and stuff to prove im over 18. im sure theyd accept a passport instead of a drivers liscense. ive never held a passport so what are some of the major difficulties to get over?

there are mad books on identification. check out the paladin press and delta press websites to order. might want to figure out a way to order them on the DL though... if you are serious about any of that stuff. a great book to get is 'bullet proof privacy' by 'boston t party.'

best all around basic book on this sort of thing. he has a new one coming out in june that is up to date. most of the material is from the late 90's in the book, but a lot is still relevant today. although, his rural route mailbox ploy no longer works. ( this was basically putting up a mail box on a rural road in the middle of no where. apparently it worked but it no longer works. he would use this for the physical address part of the application for a post office mail box. ) and some of the methods for acquiring 'new id' is out of date.

• 2 weeks later...