Michael Vick: From Dog Fighting Ringleader to Animal Activist?

SukiSukiNow

peta is a bunch of assholes

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets. Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in.

They wanna work with Vick so they can try and get that number down. Vick never let 7 go scott free, that's for sure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you look at the majority of dogfighting ring cases almost none of them get racateering charges

I love dogs too, but fact is he drew the record time by 4-6 months in GA history for runni g a dogfighting ring. If you compare his case to similar cases under GA laws , he definitely was given a harsher sentence, especially when you take into account his clean criminal record, history of community service, and good standing in the community.

Fact is his case broke sentencing records for dogfighting under GA law. I think he, like all felons, deserves another chance for what he did. He paid his debt, why shouldn't he speak out against dogfighting?

I don't see any of you up in arms about TI speaking out against gun crimes, even though the nature of his crimes were far more severe.

Keep in mind I have bred dogs and am totally against animal abuse, but a lot of militant pet owners have a tendancy for their emotions to crowd their rational thought.

peta is a bunch of assholes

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets. Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in.

If PETA wasn't such an inane group of scumbags they would do what normal animal lovers do and volunteer at animal shelters and get jobs in the ASPCA to try and fix things they don't like...

But that wouldn't go along with their real agenda - turning a profit for the people in charge (don't say it's a non profit company - if you think non profits don't make money you need to do some homework) through gurilla marketing techniques.

PETA doesn't think we should do aids and cancer research on monkeys

Sorry, but if a few monkeys gotta get their brains disected for a cure, so be it

-<----------- dog lover who hates PETA

I don't see any of you up in arms about TI speaking out against gun crimes, even though the nature of his crimes were far more severe.

not to mention TI is a convicted felon(supposedly)

i dont understand how someone with a clean criminal record(michael vick) gets double the jail time of a convicted felon(T.I.), and the felon is guilty of a more serious crime and they both were tried in the same state...

he snitchin dog.

i dont understand how i'm urged not to make jokes about dog murderers and the dogs but its alright to make fun of people murderers and the people. im talking about the threads posted every other time i come on here bout some guy slicing up his wife and putting her heart in his pocket or some weird shit like that, then the lolz erupt from that. but a guy happens to kill a couple of dogs and its serious bidness no jokes aloud. fuck that save the human animal.

not to mention TI is a convicted felon(supposedly)

i dont understand how someone with a clean criminal record(michael vick) gets double the jail time of a convicted felon(T.I.), and the felon is guilty of a more serious crime and they both were tried in the same state...

he snitchin dog.

TI is the snitch advocate now, you didn't know. He admitted in interviews srveral times he cooperated with law enforcement completely. It pretty much has to be the case he told them who got those guns for him.

But for the record even though it was the same state , TI had his case in the federal system and mike vick had his in GA state court... Which is even crazier because fed time is supposed to be more serious

and that will always be the case with me

Yeah but at least you care about other causes, so that's consistent.

Pretty much every over emotional animal lover is a female... Or my gay uncle./no sexism /no homo

i dont understand how i'm urged not to make jokes about dog murderers and the dogs but its alright to make fun of people murderers and the people. im talking about the threads posted every other time i come on here bout some guy slicing up his wife and putting her heart in his pocket or some weird shit like that, then the lolz erupt from that. but a guy happens to kill a couple of dogs and its serious bidness no jokes aloud. fuck that save the human animal.

I agree 100%

My gay uncle is super involved with animal rights. Him and this girl at his work found this stray that had some horrible tooth infection that left it with a row of open sockets exposed to the bone and nerve, it was in constant pain.

So what do they do? Raise 2 grand to get this dog surgery... A nice concept but if they would have raised 2 grand for starving kids in Africa and built a water pump for the whole village. Why don't they put that sort of effort into doing something that will impact the lives of hundreds instead of saving a stray for which there are tens of thousands just like it out there? Because saving the dog is instantly gratifying for them, which is pretty selfish if you ask me.

I think a lot of people you speak of have this same attitude where they pick up causes for the gratitude instead of being truly selfless in the name of service and charity.

i don't know if you're referring to me, but i don't joke or "lol" about humans or animals getting hurt in any way. i said that whole "no joking" deal starting this thread because back when he was first charged someone started a thread and people were joking about that shit. he didn't kill a couple of dogs, he fucking massacred, murdered, electrocuted, drowned, used rape racks on innocent animals. had he done this to humans i would be just as outraged. i didn't start this thread for arguments, i just read about this today and thought i'd share. don't get your panties in a bunch people.

i don't know if you're referring to me, but i don't joke or "lol" about humans or animals getting hurt in any way. i said that whole "no joking" deal starting this thread because back when he was first charged someone started a thread and people were joking about that shit. he didn't kill a couple of dogs, he fucking massacred, murdered, electrocuted, drowned, used rape racks on innocent animals. had he done this to humans i would be just as outraged. i didn't start this thread for arguments, i just read about this today and thought i'd share. don't get your panties in a bunch people.

I wasnt saying you do. im not saying people shouldn't make jokes either shit Ive made jokes about unfortunate dogs and humans. i just dont think dogs should be treated with more respect than human beings. people get fucking massacred,murdered, electrocuted, and drowned on the daily. im not trying to argue with you im just putting my two cents in. and im not 'U Mad' either.

and i have two dogs who i love to death! no pun intended.

• Like 1

didn't this dude try saying he found god even before he was sentenced, to try and help his "image".. that didn't work out so well. oh and then he tried getting a reality show on his transition from underworld pitbull cock fight leader to repenting glory born again christian.

I wasnt saying you do. im not saying people shouldn't make jokes either shit Ive made jokes about unfortunate dogs and humans. i just dont think dogs should be treated with more respect than human beings. people get fucking massacred,murdered, electrocuted, and drowned on the daily. im not trying to argue with you im just putting my two cents in. and im not 'U Mad' either.

and i have two dogs who i love to death! no pun intended.

and i feel for those tortured humans too. don't kill your dogs!

there are ALOT of arrests and convictions for cruelty to animals that go unreported, much like murders...if the person is just some black from the hood or the murder is not super violent or twisted shit it goes unheard of. i think because it was a famous sports figure it made it news worthy but at my time with the ASPCA they arrested alot of people doing foul shit to dogs that never made the news or the paper so just cuz you dont hear about it dont mean its not getting handled (in RI ayebee)

with that said...

vick is a shitbag and hope he gets no place in life regardless if he paid his debt or not... bad shit happens to people every day and im kinda numb to it... sad as it is, its true. also, animals are innocent and humans suck... i know alot of people that get killed or die dont deserve it but i just feel more for dogs because they are so loyal and good, they dont know better. humans do. the only humans that dont suck are kids, for the same reason. they are super innocent and dont know better...

!@#$% made a good point saying "put effort into preventing animal cruelty or stiffening penqalties for dogfighting rather than waste time paying any attention to what vick is doing" or Vick, himself, could do that and quit the bullshit schrade with PETA...

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again...if he was Jerome from the block, and not Michael Vick, he would have NEVER gone to jail for this shit. Justice my ass.

You have to be kidding. If Jerome from the block was setting up CHICKEN FIGHTS at his crib, and people were betting up to $15,000 per fight, you can bet your ass they would go to prison.

Vick didn't catch a prison term simply because he hurt man's best friend - getting popped running an illegal gambling ring is no joke.