Bike Messengers?

autoteller

The first winter is always the worst. I started riding just before the last El Nino in 1997 (four months of rain every single day)...I was soaked every day for those four months, but after the deluge ended we had a really nice summer and I never complained about a wet season...certain days, yes, but nothing ever compared to not seeing the sun from December till March.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive only done tags for friends who were too lazy to do it themselves. i almost became a messenger 3 years ago, but then i realized i would have to change my hustle, and it wasnt worth it at the time. if i ever end up being one, i wouldnt want to do that longboard shit. it seems in SF, most the people i know either have a busy day or a chill day...

I think he was just walking around, but in a way that's a lot more efficient than riding since you would be able to catch more tags.

I know people that get up on the job...I won't lie, I've done it, but I wouldn't recommend doing it or say it's a great idea. It's definitely a personal decision.

teef, where are you working? years back, i spent a summer couriering in town. i definitely wan not cut out for it, but it was a job and i had a lot of friends who had been doing it for a while, so i decided to give it a whirl. shit worked out so poorly, it's retahded. anyway, the people i worked for was ground xpress. i don't know if they're even around anymore, but they were over across from the custom house down the bottom of state street. riding was cool, but it was the worst paying job id ever had. come to find out, they were notorious for fucking their couriers over. (can i get an amen, KOH?) it sounds like you're in at a much sweeter company are you at fly over the city, by chance? i remember everyone who worked for them came off with cheese every week.

ground ex , boooooo!

I think he was just walking around, but in a way that's a lot more efficient than riding since you would be able to catch more tags.

I know people that get up on the job...I won't lie, I've done it, but I wouldn't recommend doing it or say it's a great idea. It's definitely a personal decision.

i could see slapping stickers but unless youve got mad trackstand skills it would be tricky. i mean, youd have to lock up your bike, catch a tag, unlock it and ride off. which would take like 3 minutes.

what? have you ever been on a bike before? or do you have both legs?

nope, i just pulled the term "trackstand" out of mid air.

have YOU ever been on a bike and tried to catch a tag that wasnt on eye level in a city?

no. youd have to get off, lock it up so it doesnt get stolen, squat down or climb up to catch the tag, then unlock the bike.

i think you're confusing 'tag' with '3 day long piece' or '20 foot tall blockbuster'. fuck man, i could catch a tag on a single speed. you see. the trick is. you stop the bike. (here's the tough part) put your feet on the ground, so you're not moving, yet you're not sitting on the big ol` bike solely. then take said implement of destruction out of your bag/pocket/stretched asshole, and then mark said surface.

and i mean. who the fuck rides their bike and says 'FUCK, I'LL TAG THE VERY BOTTOM INCH OF THAT DOOR', especially when they're BUSY DOING THEIR JOB YOU FUCKING DOLT. LOOK AT THE TITLE YOU SHITHEAD.

or... and i hope im not giving away a secert here, u ride up to something, stand over the top tube, do ur buisness on the wall (no number 2 please) and then ride away? ALSO, if ur just gonna be within eyesight u dont need to lock ur bike, just undo the quick release no the edit* wheel and watch some1 try to ride away on it.

I work in Richmond. I hump huge hills all day, and roll over a lot of cobbles, but our downtown is pretty small. I ride a cross bike, or some times a single speed mtb if I wanna ride trails after work. Its a good job, routines and box checks every hour with plenty of on demand jobs in between, awesome smoke breaks on the James river and the winters aint so bad

Damn, rva is big enough to have messengers?

I commute to work everyday, all weather, and I love every minute of it. If I didn't get paid well to do what I do, I would def move to a larger city and do this.

And for real, catching tags on a bike? Are we really discussing this?

Mad basic.

spoke to the head mofucka` in that dept.

MY CASE IS BEING CONSIDERED.

Didn't you already have to give up the job because that lady refused to help you? I'd make sure that point was made and for an apology and possibly an explanation.

Either way, that's cool. I hope it all works out in the end.