Bike Messengers?

autoteller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i showed up for work today on time, started up, etc. and then got a friendly call from the BPD saying that i CANNOT do this since they had found x amount of open cases.

went to the police HQ, the place where i was last held, the courthouse, and repeated that for a few hours, and to no avail. even though i'm trying to get out of the 'i have no job and i have a record' rut, they shot me down. the confusing part is that the company itself NEVER told me this, and i did disclose that i was on probation. the good part is that i only have to wait 2 months to start it back up since everything is cleared up then. but what the fuck! such a pain in the ass runaround, and plus i already worked a good amount of yesterday, so this is fucking confusing to me. either way, i'm glad i didn't drop stupid cash on the rain gear yet, since i was JUST about to and was waiting for the money to get deposited into my bank account

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

figures that i get the first job I'VE EVER LIKED THE ENTIRE DAY THROUGH, and then i'm legally not able to do it. fuck this state.

How the fuck are you not allowed to be a fucking bike messenger just cause you have open cases???

You're a fucking BIKE MESSENGER.... That's like saying you can't work construction cause you have a criminal record.

There's nothing in that ordinance that should disqualify you. In fact, it makes even less sense...if you were to register as a courier, that's a really convenient way for the city to keep tabs on you.

Have you considered talking to a lawyer about this? This sounds like some cop is on a power trip and needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Damn... even the pizza delivery dudes need a fucking license to deliver on a bike?

I tried that bike messenger shit for about a week once, and we didn't need no fucking license.

I just answered a ad in the paper, showed up with my bike and a bag, and got to work.

Then I saw my paycheck at the end of the week and quit.

Also, I definitely was catching tags here and there while I was working.

There's nothing in that ordinance that should disqualify you. In fact, it makes even less sense...if you were to register as a courier, that's a really convenient way for the city to keep tabs on you.

Have you considered talking to a lawyer about this? This sounds like some cop is on a power trip and needs to be taken down a peg or two.

annoying ghetto cunt, not cop. but i think she might technically be a cop due to the fact that she works at the HQ. it's kinda weird how that works. either way, part of me thinks that she might just be a bitch, so i left a few messages with my PO, and i have a meeting about it monday. it's pretty much the best paying work around that doesn't demand college degrees, so i'm gonna fight this as much as i can. unfortunately not enough cash for a lawyer...kinda sucks because if i did, i'd do it.

Who is this "annoying ghetto cunt"? What's her title, and how come she has say-so over where you are allowed to work?

The registration makes sense...I don't like it but I can see where they're coming from. But if she's going to be petty and prevent someone from trying to get their life on track for arbitrary reasons, then yeah...she probably shouldn't be doing that job.

she was the girl i had to talk to so i could get my license. she said i couldn't even look at my own record, even though when i went to see my PO, i got a fucking print-out of my record so i could really see what the hell she was talking about. Essentially she was a desk clerk, but she was working at like 2 or 3 windows at the same time. I doubt she was even supposed to be there.

Find out who her supervisor is and go over her head. Explain your situation to the supervisor and tell them that there is nothing in writing that should prevent you from getting registered, and that she denied you information about your own court files...which is against the law as it's public record.

I checked my criminal record on line once.

Apparently I have convictions for cases that I beat, as well as convictions for weapons charges for graffiti cases where I didn't even have a weapon nor was I even charged with having a weapon.

It also says that I did 5 years probation for a case that I beat back in the mid 90's.

That's funny, I don't remember ever reporting.

that's a good idea. it might be tough being the police h.q. and all, but maybe a little bit of properly worded requests will work. customer service is all the same.

either way, i pointed my friend in the right direction, and he's got the job now. at least it won't go to some little bitch hipster.

yes.

most my friends work for *** legal..

If they're the ones that bought out Worldwide then I definitely know/have worked with people that work there.

dublin, ireland.

it rains pretty much anytime of the year here.we are never guaranteed a summer.

when the weather is nice, work is nice. when the weather is not nice i am goretex clad.

That doesn't sound too appealing. I've worked through a few nasty rain seasons but it never gets that cold here.

Are there a lot of cobblestone streets there? I think that would probably drive me to buying a full suspension bike.

how about getting a mesenger job as a second one? my current job is decent but my hours have gotten slashed recently. i applied at a few places around town but they were all booked/not hiring.

i dont vave any experience but i am a yeqar-round every-day rider/commuter in minneapolis. apparentl ythe weather is bad here, people bitch and complain about it but its not like you would wear a bikini in january...

i just dont like being inside, but i also need the health insurance...

there are very few cobbled streets.....i ride a singlespeed and have no issues,

ive been at it maybe 8 months now, but i think im going to have to call it a day when winter rolls around again.......at least for a while anyway.