Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HydrogenPeroxide

Crazy Viet Cong Traps

Imagine being a solider in Vietnam and seeing one of your buddies get trapped in one of those? That would have me checking every step I took in the jungle.

vietnamese_trap_13.jpg

vietnamese_trap_1.jpg

vietnamese_trap_2.jpg

vietnamese_trap_3.jpg

vietnamese_trap_4.jpg

vietnamese_trap_5.jpg

vietnamese_trap_6.jpg

vietnamese_trap_7.jpg

I have an uncle who is a Vietnam Veteran from 1970-1972 . When they came across a bunker , they wouldn't bother even calling the Engineers . Instead they took it upon themselves to take a 5 gallon can of diesel fuel , and wire up a claymore or a combination of WP/Frag grenades . Basically , burning-out whoever might be inside . I guess being a 19 year old in 1970 , I would've been creative as much as possible in a war .

thats why he didnt want the neighbors on his lawn, cause they would of made underground tunnels and traps...

it all makes sense now.

I have an uncle who is a Vietnam Veteran from 1970-1972 . When they came across a bunker , they wouldn't bother even calling the Engineers . Instead they took it upon themselves to take a 5 gallon can of diesel fuel , and wire up a claymore or a combination of WP/Frag grenades . Basically , burning-out whoever might be inside . I guess being a 19 year old in 1970 , I would've been creative as much as possible in a war .

this dude i know told me they used to put sandbags in front of claymores so when you tripped it it would send a shitload of sand at you at a ridiculous pace, obviously, and would tear the shit out of your body.

he said people would also do this if someone in the platoon became responsible for other peoples deaths because they would cower in a situation when they needed them. he said they'd set it up when the person would be on night patrol and wouldnt be on their normal route or whatever and trip it up and boom! "no more coward"

Remember that scene in Platoon where they stumble across the abandoned looking bunker?

yeah, I would have needed fucking opiates to get me through that war if I was in it.

Americans set traps as well, my Dad told me a bunch of stuff.

Cut the fuse down and pull the pin on a grenade and slide an empty can of food over it.

They'd pick up the can to see if there was food in it and instantly get blown up because the fuse was short.

Also they would take ammunition and empty it out then pack it full of plastique,

the enemy would put it in their magazine and be firing away then boom, the weapon explodes in their face.

I'm guessing you just saw that show on the History Channel or whatever channel it was about this?

not to mention they would shit all over the spikes and traps

so even if you wouldn't die, it would be horribly infected

ohhhhhhhhhh meatloaf already said it

now i don't feel important

I'm guessing you just saw that show on the History Channel or whatever channel it was about this?

Nope, just came across it in my random travels arcoss the internet.

I know war is savage, but I didn't know that dudes filled empty ammo with explosives and shit on spikes for ensured pain/death. I hate to say it but it makes perfect sense to me. I would not be fucking around.

The Cu Chi Tunnels are a huge tourist thing in Vietnam, you can go out back and shoot every type of gun used in the war for a buck a bullet, To the OP did you go here and take these photos?

the dude i know was a marine raider, also looney tunes, reeaal looney tunes. dude still sets traps in his house at like every possible entrance so he knows if someones trying to get in without knowing how to get in. not death traps, like noise making traps.

Some units that operated deep in vietcong territory would carry dud ammunition and add it to enemy stockpiles they found. Looks just like a normal bullet or mortar until it blows up in your face. Supposedly they didn't let guys pick up VC ammo because it happened to a few americans.

Read some shit about the tunnel rats before, intense. High rate of deaths and you still had people volunteering for the work. Nice thread.

didnt someone already make this thread??.....i coulda sworn ive seen these on 12oz before.

lol^

why did they did that huge tunnel above the well if it goes nowhere? does the air draw out the water or something?

and how the fuck did they dig all of that?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now