cheap, limited run, magazine publisher

lord_casek

this is bad ass and very cheap. figured some of you might find it very useful.

http://magcloud.com/

About Us

MagCloud enables you to publish your own magazines. All you have to do is upload a PDF and we'll take care of the rest: printing, mailing, subscription management, and more.

How much does it cost?

It costs you nothing to publish a magazine on MagCloud. To buy a magazine costs 20¢ per page, plus shipping. For example, a 20-page magazine would be four bucks plus shipping. And you can make money! You set your issue price and all proceeds above the base price go to you.

How are they printed?

MagCloud uses HP Indigo technology, so every issue is custom-printed when it’s ordered. Printing on demand means no big print runs, which means no pre-publishing expense. Magazines are brilliant full color on 80lb paper with saddle-stitched covers. They look awesome.

What do I need to do to participate?

You’ll need a PayPal account or major credit card to buy magazines, and publishers will need a PayPal account so we can pay you earnings. To create a magazine, you’ll need to upload a PDF, which means you’ll have to create your magazine in a program that outputs high-res PDFs like Adobe® InDesign.

During our Beta orders must be sent to a US shipping address.

Do I need to join?

Anyone can browse magazines on MagCloud today. You need an account to publish magazines. Create an account! »

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm probably going to use this, I've been looking for something like this myself and haven't been satisfied.

Have you used this personally or know someone who cosigned this company as a non shady business?

found on lifehacker.com

they wouldn't post unless

it was legit.

i'm considering using the service.

maybe just a sideproject i've wanted

to publish for a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

just did a book on blurb.com it came out really well

And they really under promise on the delivery times too I submitted my book on september 4th and they said it would be printed on or before the 14th september. Then it would take 5-7 business days to australia

13th september I get a call from reception - my book's arrived from the states.

• 2 weeks later...