Training when sick?

Mauler5150

I am suffering from the flu and thought I would ask Dr. 12oz whether they think doing exercise is a good idea when you are sick? Do you really think you sweat it out, or does the recuperation of muscles after a workout impede your ability to recover from the flu?

Any thoughts or opinions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I usually stay with my work out routine when Im sick. I usually get better faster. But then again it might not work for everyone

yeah, this.

If you feel ok enough to work out, then do it. I feel that it helps me not lose as much as if I would have just been laying in bed all day

Sweating it out works but not from exorcise because that will weaken you. Sleep with mad amounts of sweat pants and sweat shirts on with a ton of blankets.

That's an old wisetale that can actually kill you.

If you have a fever, the last thing you need to be doing is to raise your body temperature even more.

And exercising while sick with the flu is just retarded. You need to be sleeping that shit off.

Well nothing seems to be working and my nose is only more blocked but with flem on my lungs. In other news went to the city today and picked up my Eurotrip tickets finally, so fucking stoked to hold them in my hands knowing it won't be long til I am there. Party on Spitfire, I know that it is good I am getting my yearly dose of the flu now (I actually get my work supplpied flu shot next week) so the only sickness I will experience in Europe will be if I drink too much ahha.

you shouldnt work out...flu and sickness dehydrates you. plus your body is busy fighting a illness and exercising is not going to make you feel better and you are not going to get out of it what you are looking to get out of it.

rest, drink water, and focus on getting better

you must sweat the virus out of your blood.

1.) start with a sauna, and this is important-

2.) LAYER! put on your favorite hoodie. then put your not-so-favorite hoodie on over that.

3.) after a couple of hours in the sauna (until you feel faint & dehydrated, this is the flu attacking your body as you kill it off) take 2 laxatives (to flush the flu demon out of you).

4.) do not drink any water or eat any food, as this is what the blood curdling hell spawn needs to survive.

5.) run at a continuous, full sprint until the laxatives kick in.

6.) slam some Red Bulls then head to the bathroom.

7.) after you've rid your colon of the remnants of the flu, lie in a ice water filled bathtub, until your skin wrinkles....then stay a while longer. this builds up your immune system to keep new strains from developing and re-attacking your feeble body. this is, essentially, what the immunization is and can be easily performed at home without the intervention of medical professionals.

hope this helps!

dont listen to these fuckers, that shit will make it worse

the only thing to cure yourself is to let it run its course, drink plenty of fluids, and rest.

You cant sweat a virus "out of your blood" that is just stupid. Last time i checked your blood and sweat glands were two different parts of your body.

you must sweat the virus out of your blood.

1.) start with a sauna, and this is important-

2.) LAYER! put on your favorite hoodie. then put your not-so-favorite hoodie on over that.

3.) after a couple of hours in the sauna (until you feel faint & dehydrated, this is the flu attacking your body as you kill it off) take 2 laxatives (to flush the flu demon out of you).

4.) do not drink any water or eat any food, as this is what the blood curdling hell spawn needs to survive.

5.) run at a continuous, full sprint until the laxatives kick in.

6.) slam some Red Bulls then head to the bathroom.

7.) after you've rid your colon of the remnants of the flu, lie in a ice water filled bathtub, until your skin wrinkles....then stay a while longer. this builds up your immune system to keep new strains from developing and re-attacking your feeble body. this is, essentially, what the immunization is and can be easily performed at home without the intervention of medical professionals.

hope this helps!

^Don't do any of this shit this retard just said and you should be good.

kidneys filter your blood to make urine

your sweat glands do not get stuff out of your blood.

from Prevention mag website:

The rule I like to use is called the "neck check." If your symptoms are all above the neck, like a runny nose or a sore throat, then you're okay to exercise. Of course you should always listen to your body and take the intensity of your workout down a bit if your regular pace feels too strenuous.

If you're suffering from congestion or low energy, exercise often helps you feel better. A brisk walk can unclog your sinuses better than an afternoon on the couch. And gentle exercise will rev up your circulation, to counteract that sluggish, rundown feeling. But this is definitely a personal decision. You're the best judge of how you feel and what your body can handle when you're sick.

However, if you have any symptoms below the neck, such as body aches, chills, stomach problems or diarrhea, then I advise you to take it easy until you're feeling better. And if you're running a fever, no matter where your symptoms are, put off exercising until your temperature returns to normal.