Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mauler5150

Training when sick?

I am suffering from the flu and thought I would ask Dr. 12oz whether they think doing exercise is a good idea when you are sick? Do you really think you sweat it out, or does the recuperation of muscles after a workout impede your ability to recover from the flu?

Any thoughts or opinions?

swine flu?

nah but i heard its good to sweat it out, you prolly just have a major headache from working out, i usually run around a few times...

Get yourself to a DR. (cherry DR. pepper that is) and slap on a hipster hat, problem solved.

Sweating it out works but not from exorcise because that will weaken you. Sleep with mad amounts of sweat pants and sweat shirts on with a ton of blankets.

I usually stay with my work out routine when Im sick. I usually get better faster. But then again it might not work for everyone

sweat that shit out if its not tooooo serious

ive done it countless times and i always felt better afterwards

I usually stay with my work out routine when Im sick. I usually get better faster. But then again it might not work for everyone

yeah, this.

If you feel ok enough to work out, then do it. I feel that it helps me not lose as much as if I would have just been laying in bed all day

Sweating it out works but not from exorcise because that will weaken you. Sleep with mad amounts of sweat pants and sweat shirts on with a ton of blankets.

That's an old wisetale that can actually kill you.

If you have a fever, the last thing you need to be doing is to raise your body temperature even more.

And exercising while sick with the flu is just retarded. You need to be sleeping that shit off.

i had an uncle that swore by that shit growing up, i finally figured id give it a shot over this past winter cause i was sick as hell. all it did was aggravate the shit out of me and make me 10x hotter.

Last cold I had I used that method, not sure if it had any truth to it but I felt better in the morning. Smelled like hell though.

sauna son... sweating it out helps. youll be more sore then usual. but do what u can. it cant hurt...

Well nothing seems to be working and my nose is only more blocked but with flem on my lungs. In other news went to the city today and picked up my Eurotrip tickets finally, so fucking stoked to hold them in my hands knowing it won't be long til I am there. Party on Spitfire, I know that it is good I am getting my yearly dose of the flu now (I actually get my work supplpied flu shot next week) so the only sickness I will experience in Europe will be if I drink too much ahha.

you shouldnt work out...flu and sickness dehydrates you. plus your body is busy fighting a illness and exercising is not going to make you feel better and you are not going to get out of it what you are looking to get out of it.

rest, drink water, and focus on getting better

you must sweat the virus out of your blood.

1.) start with a sauna, and this is important-

2.) LAYER! put on your favorite hoodie. then put your not-so-favorite hoodie on over that.

3.) after a couple of hours in the sauna (until you feel faint & dehydrated, this is the flu attacking your body as you kill it off) take 2 laxatives (to flush the flu demon out of you).

4.) do not drink any water or eat any food, as this is what the blood curdling hell spawn needs to survive.

5.) run at a continuous, full sprint until the laxatives kick in.

6.) slam some Red Bulls then head to the bathroom.

7.) after you've rid your colon of the remnants of the flu, lie in a ice water filled bathtub, until your skin wrinkles....then stay a while longer. this builds up your immune system to keep new strains from developing and re-attacking your feeble body. this is, essentially, what the immunization is and can be easily performed at home without the intervention of medical professionals.

hope this helps!

dont listen to these fuckers, that shit will make it worse

the only thing to cure yourself is to let it run its course, drink plenty of fluids, and rest.

You cant sweat a virus "out of your blood" that is just stupid. Last time i checked your blood and sweat glands were two different parts of your body.

you must sweat the virus out of your blood.

1.) start with a sauna, and this is important-

2.) LAYER! put on your favorite hoodie. then put your not-so-favorite hoodie on over that.

3.) after a couple of hours in the sauna (until you feel faint & dehydrated, this is the flu attacking your body as you kill it off) take 2 laxatives (to flush the flu demon out of you).

4.) do not drink any water or eat any food, as this is what the blood curdling hell spawn needs to survive.

5.) run at a continuous, full sprint until the laxatives kick in.

6.) slam some Red Bulls then head to the bathroom.

7.) after you've rid your colon of the remnants of the flu, lie in a ice water filled bathtub, until your skin wrinkles....then stay a while longer. this builds up your immune system to keep new strains from developing and re-attacking your feeble body. this is, essentially, what the immunization is and can be easily performed at home without the intervention of medical professionals.

hope this helps!

^Don't do any of this shit this retard just said and you should be good.

Yeah you cant sweat out the flu... or AIDS.

Depending on how your feeling, very moderate exercise can help boost your metabolism but main thing is rest.

and water.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now