Neighbors Try To Restrict Boy, Family To Home, Driveway

lord_casek

http://www.10news.com/news/19306624/detail.html?ref=rss

SAN DIEGO -- Spencer Trussell likes to play and ride his bike."I'm 4 years old," he said, "and I have a sister named Olivia, and I ride my bike all day long."He lives in a piece of suburbia that seems picturesque: the Venzano development in San Marcos. His parents, Gary and Marla Trussell, moved the family here five months ago.

"I thought it would be good for the children," Marla Trussell explained.But instead of being welcomed, the Trussell family has been under attack, they said, by neighbors. The accusations against them have been wild, including that 4-year-old Spencer "might come out with a firearm at anytime.""I thought they had lost their minds," said Marla Trussell.They are neighbors Sarah Fisher, Danielle Harway and Kelly Plaster. All three filed court papers asking that Spencer, his sister Olivia, and mom and dad be restricted to their own home and driveway."There was nothing I had done, my husband had done, my daughter had done, or I had done that warranted that response," said Trussell.

In court papers, Sarah Fisher wrote that, "Gary Trussell is a very violent, unstable and unpredictable man." Daniele Harway said, "He looked to be on drugs." And Kelly Plaster added, "I'm concerned that Gary or his son will gain access to Gary's firearms."Gary Trussell responded, "There was no merit in any of their allegations."He said the trouble can be linked to a diagnosis of autism when their son was 18 months old."It's like a part of me died that day," Spencer's mother said. The neighbors knew about Spencer's autism, that he might throw occasional tantrums, but he isn't violent.

The Trussells said there were no issues until Gary Trussell confronted another father on the cul de sac whose son was picking on Spencer.It didn't go well.Sarah Fisher reported the Trussells to Child Protective Services. She called Gary Trussell's employer, Continental Airlines, where he's a captain. She also made a call to 911, claiming he couldn't control his young children.But the San Diego sheriff's deputy who responded declined to write a report. CPS dropped the case as unsubstantiated, and Continental Airlines stood by their longtime employee."I'm offended that someone would try to involve my employment, my profession in this matter," Gary Trussell said.

He has one firearm that's locked up. It was issued to him by the Department of Homeland Security for his job. He's a former lieutenant colonel in the Marines, who served his country for 25 years.I-Team reporter Lauren Reynolds approached the three neighbors to get their side of the story. Plaster and Harway darted into a house. Sarah Fisher stayed to speak with Reynolds, but said, "No thank you" when asked if she wanted to comment."It's a sad story," said Dr. Kathie Sweeten, who runs the Center for Autism Research, Evaluation and Service. She said autism can be devastating both emotionally and financially."And when you're trying to live your everyday life and come across people who are not kind to you, it's hard," said Sweeten.The neighbors' accusations and court filings could have ruined the Trussells, but a San Diego Superior Court Judge tossed them all out. In addition, the neighbors have been ordered to reimburse the Trussle's legal fees, which top $12,000.

i hope this isn't forewarning of an america to come.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

In a way I'd rather put up with hood business like having the neighbors smoke crack then play the same five songs for hours on end, squeegie guys offering to hook up my glasses for spare change, baby mama drama, the occasional shooting, etc. It's not always fun but it's predictable and once folks know your limits they leave you alone for the most part.

If I bought a house in the suburbs (ha) only to find out that everyone I live near is on some passive-aggressive bullshit, I'd probably lose my mind.

i agree with you on that^

ive been going to school in the worst part of town at the "blackest" school in the city and i went to a super white school once and not only were "scared" of me they drove up the wall. i got in trouble for the stupidest things and ended up telling the principle to pull the dick out of his ass and tell his school to lighten the fuck up. theni transferred back to good ole NHHS

better?

i mean, if you're on the internet and don't like to read, maybe you need to rethink

hobbies.

Thank you. Every time I see TL;DR on the internet some part of me dies. I read like 4 novels a week these days and get amazed when people can't read three paragraphs about some crazy / funny shit.

That family is a bunch of dirt bags, let your pussy ass son pick on an autistic kid then try to get dude fired and sued to restrict them to their driveway for complaining.

Good thing the Judge did the right thing, I'd immediately use every legal means necessary to collect the court ordered debt.

Hopefully they cant afford the house they are in and you can wave to them as they move out.