Pugilism AKA Boxing Thread .................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marquez couldnt land a punch lol...mayweather slipped or blocked almost everything he threw at him... dude only landed like 65 punches and that includes 21 jabs in 12 rounds. thats 1.75 jabs per round lol. i havent seen somebody win every single round ever. mismatch for sure but you never know until the fight starts

marquez couldnt land a punch lol...mayweather slipped or blocked almost everything he threw at him... dude only landed like 65 punches and that includes 21 jabs in 12 rounds. thats 1.75 jabs per round lol. i havent seen somebody win every single round ever. mismatch for sure but you never know until the fight starts

I just seen Bernard Hopkins beat Anotonio Tarver all 12 rounds about a year ago.

It happens.

• 3 weeks later...

It was kind of smart, there was a great chance for Marquez to win, a hundred bucks was worth the risk as it would have won you ALOT of money, based on the odds. That said, I don't think anyone thought Marquez was going to lose that bad. He wasn't ready at that weight, a weight where Floyd also "Paid" for the extra 2 pounds. Not discrediting Floyd at all, he is a defensive genious who fought fast and flawless.

If you want to compare Pacquiao's hard battles over Marquez to Floyd's easy win....you can't. Styles make fights, and Marquez's counterpunching style was no match for a much bigger Floyd's defense. Also Pacquiao is much more improved since his bouts with Marquez, and he is better fitted at around 140 or 145, not the smaller weight he struggled with against JMM.

Pac vs Cotto will be a great fight, and the sad thing is, whoever wins that fight will most likely face mayweather, and one of them, either pac or miguel will leave a piece of themselves in the ring when they fight each other on November 14th.

• 1 month later...