FUCK CANCER!

Pistol

I can't remember who started the original. Hopefully everythings going good for him and his family.

Anyways i'm here on the oz at the hospital with my little nephew.

He's on his second cycle of chemo.

My sis had been staying here every night but finally went home for 2 days to spend time with my neice. So im gonna spend the next two nights here.

Found out earlier this month he had a tumor pressing up against his spine which was causing pretty bad pain since last Septemberish.

There were three possiblities of 'C' it could have been.

A superbad no hope one.

A medium one with some hope.

And a third that responds well to chemo.

Biopsy showed the third.

It's still very serious since nerves and spinal cord are involved also very painful.

I spent the night after the biopsy and it was so fuckin' hard to see him in that much pain, squirming, wincing, sweating etc. and not being able to do anything. Even the nurse felt horrible cause she had to wait for the doc's ok to give more diloted? or put him back on the drip.

Anyways this cancer shit fucking sucks. And symbols needs to invent cures in the lab, lance needs to heal up and start pwning again, and obama needs to start spending war money on stem cells or whatever will help destroy cancer.

My family has been fairly good at avoiding cancer.

Although my nina/godmother died of breast cancer when i was little.

breastcancerribbon.jpg

livestrong.JPG

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuck cancer.

Scientists are working around the clock on drug delivery methods and medicines so people don't have to endure the pain of chemo.

Everyone should consider donating their spare computer cycles to run one of the distributed computing projects looking to find cures. They can use both CPU time and time on your video card (if you have a new one, it's actually a lot faster than the CPU for this kind of thing).

The Folding@Home Project -You can help by simply running a piece of software.

Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Community_Grid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta@home

My main computers are currently not on the net, but in about 2 months I'll have a Quad Core 2.4Ghz, a fast GPU, and a 1.8Ghz athlon running folding. Would anyone be interested in starting a 12oz team for one of these projects?

Also with the folding project, clients are available for the Playstation 3, MacOS X, Linux, etc... If you run a Playstation 3 on it you're actually doing more for the project than somebody with a PC as Playstation 3s have an insanely good processor.

fuck cancer indeed.

but what i think is more important is preventing cancer from ever developing in your body in the first place.

people need to be more informed on how to build up their immune system so that disease can't survive and take over their body.

it's impossible for disease to exist in a body that's in an alkaline state, as opposed to one that's acidic. most people don't even know what this means or how to go about achieving it

i think people think that one day you just wake up with cancer and you're fucked.

everyone has cancer cells in their body, but as long as you take care of yourself with the right foods and a healthy state of mind, those cancer cells can't compete with the healthy cells in your body.

look at how long we've been fighting this war on cancer. we have insane amounts of technology that can and do fight cancer, but from the prevention side of it, more people are getting cancer than ever before.

get to the root of the problem. be healthy.

• Like 1

man that really does suck.

Last week I found out that a friend of mine when i was

younger was diagnosed with cancer, when we were younger

he always had some type of problems with growing and

other stuff. But i guess they found cancerous tumors on his

spine and i believe towards his shoulder too. It sucks to

find that out because he is still so young...hopefully everything

goes well with him and he pulls through just fine.

even the 'good cancers' are scary when it comes on or near the spine.

best of luck to your homie beltoleum.

also for the record my little nephew is 19. little to me.

he was gonna go to CHOC across the freeway but there was no room for a person of his age with this type of cancer for a study out there. but this place is pretty awesome except for one nurse that took 2+ hours to come see him after he paged her trying to deal with 10+ pain level.

it sucks a little cause he could have been around alot of kids around his age up to 21 to help him/each other deal with issues unique to young adults.

The doc that is looking after my nephew has his own website for young adults and kids with cancer. This Dr. is supposed to be the shit when it comes to cancer pwning.

The website is www.seventyk.org if anyone would like to check it out for themselves or loved ones.

Seems like your nephew is in good hands. Being that he is 19 and a little more mature coping with the idea of cancer has got to be rough knowing the circumstances. Glad to see you and your sister are staying right there with him. It's real good moral support considering his age, thats a huge mind fuck to try to take that on by himself. Sending good vibes your way. Hope everything works out.

My mom has 4 different cancer areas.

My grandpa died of cancer from the mesomlythoma (sP) he got from working at the Ford Autofactories and serving in the Navy

my other grandfather died of cancer

my one grandmother died of breast cancer

my 1 older sister had cervical cancer after her kid

and the list goes on

Damn straight FUCK CANCER. I hope he gets his shit gone and never has to deal with chemo or cat scans and bloodwork ever again.

I just had my right nut cut out in february due to testicular cancer. This coming up friday I'll find out if it was stage one or two, finally finding out if I have to have the chemo or if I can play the waiting game. All the constant testing and work I dont wish on anyone.

Again, hope all is well with him and it gets gone.

fuck cancer indeed.

but what i think is more important is preventing cancer from ever developing in your body in the first place.

people need to be more informed on how to build up their immune system so that disease can't survive and take over their body.

it's impossible for disease to exist in a body that's in an alkaline state, as opposed to one that's acidic. most people don't even know what this means or how to go about achieving it

i think people think that one day you just wake up with cancer and you're fucked.

everyone has cancer cells in their body, but as long as you take care of yourself with the right foods and a healthy state of mind, those cancer cells can't compete with the healthy cells in your body.

look at how long we've been fighting this war on cancer. we have insane amounts of technology that can and do fight cancer, but from the prevention side of it, more people are getting cancer than ever before.

get to the root of the problem. be healthy.

True. However, genetics is also a major player in this situation. You cannot cheat genetics, sometimes. If you are predestined for something, there is a likely possibility that you are going to contract certain ailments, diseases, etc. "The selfish gene." You could be as healthy as a race horse and still develop cancer. There are certain instances where heart disease/cancer runs in a family lineage and you can still contract these conditions/diseases even if you work out everyday and eat healthy. However, prevention is also the major way or the only way to combat cancer right now. I doubt the human immunology by itself could combat cancer without intervention of bioengineering monoclonal antibodies against cancer or other methods using human immunology.

Pistol, hope your nephew stays strong and comes out swinging with this horrible disease!

-Drunk post oner-

My homie just left my house who is fighting esophageal Cancer for the last 6 months. He looks like shit. Dude was always hella' skinny, but jokes aside, looks like that chick from Fight Club at the therapy session who gets on the mic all desperate.

All His hair is gone and I'd say he's about 125lbs. at best and stands 6' 2".

He stayed for an hour or so and started to just slump over while wheezing.

I've grown up with this dude for the last 22 years and this shit really sucks to watch/see.

...Just had to vent.

Fuck health issues. My mom just found out her spine is deteriorating and the docs cant do shit about it until she can't walk, then they *might* be able to help her. No much else is worse than seeing a loved one in pain...

Best of luck and wishes to all your fams.