X MEN, WOLVERINE

yeaaaah baby

Yo,

Didn't see a thread on this, thought i might start it off.

x-men-origins-wolverine-poster.jpg

Saw this shit last night

and was very unimpressed.

Good, <------read that, Good action sequences, but the story sucked male testicles.

I felt like they just put way too many eggs in their basket, and tried to put way too much plot into not enough movie.

coulda gone without that nonsense.

I thought that movie coulda been a lot better, i.e. they even made Gambit not all that cool, which is pretty much a cardinal sin, because back in the day he was one of my favorite xmen from the old cartoons.

I give it a solid B-

which is not all that great, obviously.

whatd you all think?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I didnt understand is why the fuck they didnt stick to the original comic story line.

GAMBIT was a big fucking disappointment. First, the dude didnt even have a creole accent and looked like he was a reject from Interview With a Vampire. Second why the fuck did the dude in the bar IN CANADA sound like he was from LA? (Lower Alabama)

That is not how Deadpool got his super coolness, but i did like how the have Ryan Reynolds play him...I hope if they make a spin off movie they keep him in that role.

Other then that it was okay...just okay

the dude didnt even have a creole accent

Yeah,

that shit pissed me off A LOT.

the gambit i saw as a kid was a creole'd out sav talkin boss.

that fool in the movie was an overpowered bow staffed out suburban teenager from the looks of it.

they really did the old school gambit shady.

yea.

any body with an acroynym'd name does not belong in the X MEN movies.

Especially some cat who cannot act for shit...

"here, wear a cowboy hat, act like some black teleporter guy..."

and he was like

"o.k. Just make sure that check is cashed to Will.I.Am you beezies."

go see it,

smoke some herbals,

enjoy the action scenes,

dislike almost everything else.

i got a beezy to pay my ticket,

don't pay for your ticket. thatswaht it comes down to.

the montage where it showed all wolverine's wars thought he fought in was real tight.

i liked that a lot.

those fools (wolverine/future sabertooth) stormed normandy like some real cutthoats

the worst part of the movie to me where the shitty graphics...

i didnt expect much from this movie because of how shitty the story line was in Xmen 3..

so the main disappointment i had was the graphics

i'd give a B-

I peeped the online version witout some of the graphics, overall the movie wasn't that bad for a marvel remake. Marvel has been really killing their remakes that past three years with FF 2, ghost rider, spider-man3 and so on... This on the other had a good story plot with a few OK action scenes, and stayed away from a super cheesy flick. Was this rated R or pg-13 at the theater?

Also I'm a bit confused with sabertooth, was not sabertooth wolverines father in the comic books?

Also if Ryan Reynolds character is deadpool, why did he die at the end?

I watched the bootleg without effects. It got me more hyped to see it on the big screen.

I am not expecting anything other than 90 minutes of distraction from reality.

To expect Hollywood to do anything outside of the comic book formula, that has been working the past 10 years or so, is stupid. Wanting it to be anything other than fun to watch seems to be asking a lot.

Big Wolverine Fan from my comic book days.

/notaworstepisodeevercomicnerdoner

I peeped the online version witout some of the graphics, overall the movie wasn't that bad for a marvel remake. Marvel has been really killing their remakes that past three years with FF 2, ghost rider, spider-man3 and so on... This on the other had a good story plot with a few OK action scenes, and stayed away from a super cheesy flick. Was this rated R or pg-13 at the theater?

Also I'm a bit confused with sabertooth, was not sabertooth wolverines father in the comic books?

FF2 was pretty good, and i read that they are redoing daredevil for a 2010 release.

sabertooth has been mentally fucking with wolverine for years, suggesting that he was his dad or brother, clone, etc

so i was told this was the last marvel movie mad by FOX. and fox has a tendency to fuck iwth movies to make them for everyone or whatever. Marvel now has their own production company and thats what made iron man which was dope. so here hope for better marvel movies in the future