Engines

2-C+C-2

I thought I would start a thread dedicated to engines. Be it steam, diesel, or electric. Engines are the force that allows trains to travel, be switched, and move in general. I understand, that as writers, most of you pay no attention to engines, and could care less about them, but I figured there are a few of you who do care enough to pay attention.

The newest issue of classic trains has a large article about the GG1 which is well worth the read.

gg1_4859.jpg

n_GG1_PRR.jpg

tr_ar4902a.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics.

it's kinda sad that 90% of this site won't know anything about this thread... but good idea.

i'm not a subscriber to CT.. used to subscribe to MR.. but, eh, the birthday came and went. i'll try and check out the GG1 article. raymond loewy-designed right?

one rant i want to put in here: don't paint engines. seriously. shit pisses me off and heats up yards

waste management engine

They own 3 engines, but I have yet to see anymore at the grade crossing. One other is always at the other end of the cars, while the other might be out of commission or I just miss it due to bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...